Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 18. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 501
How does one build a linux binary from a release tarball and not directly from the latest git clone?
I've found the windows 5.3.0 release binary to have a detrimental impact on the qubit algo compared to the 5.2.1 version. Not tried others yet.
Both the linux release brinay and a linux build core dumps on most algo's on my linux system, hence I would like to try to build the 5.2.1 version on linux.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Together with the release of new features on NiceHash (see https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=64) we also released a new version of sgminer with some bugfixes and Blake256 algorithms integration, see Release here: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases/tag/5.3.0

Keep on hashing Wink
In last nicehach 1.3.0 on radeon 7850 on Lyra2rev2 sgminer 5.1.0 create ckolivas bin and all shares are rejected. May be it's error with algo name which nicehash sends to sgminer. Runme.bat works fine with this algo. And may be a suggestoin for the next nicehash: do not hide miner windows during benchmark (option in settings?). Sometimes it's interesting to know what happens in any moment.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Anyone mining with MSI HD7790 ? (R77901GD5OC)
I'm unable underclock the memory with sgminer.
I tried to underclock  via MSI AfterBurner but when I check in AfterBurner HWmonitor, sgminer and GPU-Z, the value remain unchanged (1500).
Is there way to unlock it??

Update: Found it ! Never thought that the unofficial overclocking mode options are use for underclocking too.

Wanna share? I have the same problem and can't figure it out...

In the settings page of Afterburner, in the bottom section, check "Extend official overclocking limits", "Disable ULPS", and I use "without powerplay support" mode.

Yup, i can confirm this. Works perfectly!
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
I tried to underclock  via MSI AfterBurner but when I check in AfterBurner HWmonitor, sgminer and GPU-Z, the value remain unchanged (1500).

Update: Found it ! Never thought that the unofficial overclocking mode options are use for underclocking too.

In the settings page of Afterburner, in the bottom section, check "Extend official overclocking limits", "Disable ULPS", and I use "without powerplay support" mode.
Activity: 4
I tried to underclock  via MSI AfterBurner but when I check in AfterBurner HWmonitor, sgminer and GPU-Z, the value remain unchanged (1500).

I had the same problem. I solved it today.
Download the new driver 16.3. AMD released it today. I can underclock my memory up to 700MHz since today. Before it stayed at stock value.
Activity: 4
sgminer.exe is giving me 50% cpu usage. I am mining with NiceHash Miner, using AMD OpenCL mining only, with an AMD Radeon 7750 graphics card.

How can I correct the high cpu usage to normal 1-5%?  I am using the blake256r8vnl algorithm.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
Hi

my Fury X give only 8 mh on x11 and lira2rev2, but must be 20 mx, where i can get normal .bin?
Activity: 7

Activity: 162
Merit: 102
that guy was getting 15Mh with 1 390x?
do the new cards do that much better than 200s or is it the new drivers?
1 of my 290x cards were doing like 8.5Mh with a slight OC last time i mined x11 with amd

edit: nevermind i dug out a windows ssd and loaded it up and saw its like 2x rates compared to last year
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 147
I don't know if I should be happy about that or not...
Well, thanks for the info anyway Smiley

edit : problem found, it works with default parameters. Thanks Pallas !
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Okay, after gradually going back to 14.6 driver and hoooouuurs of testing (blame the catalyst linux hell), I can confirm that the new kernel doesn't work when the old one does(on my rig).
Which means that I'll keep my old bin for the time being  Tongue

edit : to be more exact about what happens, a bin is generated and then my GPUs quickly become "SICK".

It works for me. Linux + 15.12
Okay, after gradually going back to 14.6 driver and hoooouuurs of testing (blame the catalyst linux hell), I can confirm that the new kernel doesn't work when the old one does(on my rig).
Which means that I'll keep my old bin for the time being  Tongue

edit : to be more exact about what happens, a bin is generated and then my GPUs quickly become "SICK".
Wolf0, still poking at the miner's kernels Cheesy

By the way, I looked at the new sgminer code and saw a new neoscrypt kernel made by you.
I tried to use it but it makes my miner hang... Do we still require the 14.6 drivers ?
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
I speak to him regularly; he told me he did it.

Oh, so he implemented it in sgminer? I'm interested, where can I see the commits? Would love to pull this into our fork, please let me know if you get that info.

Secondly, why do you care one iota if the block header is rebuilt or not? As long as there is a response to stratum reconnect messages, it will work for any rig rentals.

Yeah, but NiceHash is hash rental and not rig rental ... we do share validation and other stuff and we highly depend on full strict stratum implementation...

Best regards,
kenshirothefist
You mean besides yiimp and Suprnova? I could do it, but tpruvot/Epsylon3 already did - ask him for it.

Well, unfortunately this is not stratum, really. It's just getwork over stratum. Still waiting for "real" stratum support, both in sgminer/ccminer and pools.

I could do it, but tpruvot/Epsylon3 already did - ask him for it.

tpruvot only works on ccminer, there is a lack of development on sgminer.
Together with the release of new features on NiceHash (see https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=64) we also released a new version of sgminer with some bugfixes and Blake256 algorithms integration, see Release here: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases/tag/5.3.0

Keep on hashing Wink

Implemented Blake-256 14 round and broken for Decred, the ONLY coin worth mining using it. *slow clap*

We are focused on algos that can be offered on NiceHash. Decred still hasn't got any stratum support. But Wolf0, you're really very welcome to submit pull request to add add the support for "Blake-256 14 Decred" algorithm. Can you do this?

Keep on hashing Wink
Activity: 235
anyone know why my miner would make "ckolivas" .bin file when I use "algorithm" : "yescrypt", ?

cheers
You are probably using a sgminer version that does not do the yescrypt algorithm.  Check your sgminer/kernel directory and make sure that you have the yescryptl.cl.
I use sgminer 5.0.1-31-g101b for yescrypt.

cheers

I do have the yescrypt .cl files

it is version sgminer-v5.2.1 from NH

https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases
Well then, I'm not sure what else it could be. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: