Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 22. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Hi guys,

I decided to upgrade my 7950's to 280x's but I'm having a mare with AMD drivers.

Also I can't remember the relationship between driver and SDK.

What driver and SDK should I install on Windows 8.1 ?

Many thanks

Lee

Newest version of both will work fine Smiley

Thanks for the quick response - downloading now...

So I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall old driver.
Then installed radeon-crimson-15.12-win8.1-64bit.exe
Then AMD SDK 3.0

I am getting the following error which looks like a SDK issue.

[2016-01-28 23:11:50] clDevicesNum returned error, no GPUs usable
[2016-01-28 23:11:50] All devices disabled, cannot mine!

GPU-Z shows the OpenCL driver is there adn I can see the card in device manager.

Any ideas ?

Got it working with :-

--gpu-platform 1

Anyone know why I need this now ?

You have onboard graphics...using this option makes sgminer use your gpu's instead of onboard
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Did anything ever happen with trying to add blake256? Decred is coming out and id like to use sgminer to mine instead of their forked cgminer because sgminer plays nicely with my gpu and i can monitor temp and control the fan.
Activity: 582
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
Hi guys,

I decided to upgrade my 7950's to 280x's but I'm having a mare with AMD drivers.

Many thanks

Lee

Then AMD SDK 3.0

GPU-Z shows the OpenCL driver is there adn I can see the card in device manager.

Any ideas ?

Got it working with :-

--gpu-platform 1

Anyone know why I need this now ?
Hi guys,

Many thanks

Lee

Then AMD SDK 3.0

Any ideas ?

Hi guys,

Many thanks

Lee

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Hi guys,

Many thanks

Lee

Hi guys,

Many thanks

Lee

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Feel free to build and benchmark Decred's cgminer fork (( https://github.com/decred/cgminer )) . Could use some data on hardware performance. Testnet and miner binaries will be out tomorrow morning!

i hope that wolf0 can make something about this......
legendary
Huh?
i hope  WOLF0  will make  a good pablic  algo for  decred coin  when  the mining will start.....

ps: wolf0 u must know that u r my favorite...U  prove yr work with facts &  not with many sauces.....THANKS FOR ALL!

I hope Wolf0 will prove me wrong, but I fear there is not a lot to optimise on blake 14 rounds.

I might be able to prove you half wrong. Got a 6970?

No, smallest card I have is a 280x

Too bad, I could probably make that thing do wonders on Blake. I've got an idea!

Maybe a 5750 (juniper) will do? :-)

Got a 78** Series. Maybe that'll do?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
i hope  WOLF0  will make  a good pablic  algo for  decred coin  when  the mining will start.....

ps: wolf0 u must know that u r my favorite...U  prove yr work with facts &  not with many sauces.....THANKS FOR ALL!

I hope Wolf0 will prove me wrong, but I fear there is not a lot to optimise on blake 14 rounds.

Too bad, I could probably make that thing do wonders on Blake. I've got an idea!

Maybe a 5750 (juniper) will do? :-)
legendary
Huh?

Maybe on Fiji as well?

Nope, Fiji is GCN based. No go.

Was just looking up the specs of a 6970 and i noticed that Smiley
legendary
Huh?

Maybe on Fiji as well?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hi I just want to know does sgminer require any special or Scrypt parameter for mining in nice hash neo Scrypt pool ? Please help me ... I'm very much new in crypto mining...
Thanks in advance.
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
U  prove yr work with facts &  not with many sauces: Not Just Words, But Deeds ...

what is weird about that?
Activity: 229

That sounds so weird :p
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
2009 Alea iacta est

Activity: 140
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
Has someone been testing the hash-power of R9 Nano , on Ethereum ?

Sure

I have

26Mh stock

Smiley

Pf, I've expected some more improvement , compared to 7970/280X

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/16112/#Comment_16112

"I have a Nano. HBM does you no good for ethash. HBM memory cycle time (effective) is the same as GDDR5 cards, although GDDR5 has higher latency. The advantage of HBM is that it has a 4096 bit wide bus, so the *bandwidth* is much higher, not the access time, which is what's critical for ethash. The issue is that ethash does more or less random 128 byte reads of the Dag at the core of the inner loop, which can't take advantage of HBM's super wide bus. That is compounded by the fact that the address of the next read (of the Dag) is computed from the 128 byte Dag currently being "mixed', so pre-fetch isn't happening to any significant degree. The algorithm's memory accesses also render memory caching of limited use. Starting to get the picture? Smiley The GPU does overlap global memory accesses with compute work, so some of the memory access time is hidden, but that has nothing to do with HBM. The fact is ethash is a bugger, period."
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Has someone been testing the hash-power of R9 Nano , on Ethereum ?

Sure

I have

26Mh stock

Smiley

Pf, I've expected some more improvement , compared to 7970/280X

You're not the only one...

just wait till wolf decides that its worth his time to get on the code for the new cards ... if he does of course ...

Wink ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: