Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 67. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
This one is 12.. check those hash rates.. 500-600MH per machine..
Several machines on 1 worker? Or asic?

Probably the first one....
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Several machines on 1 worker? Or asic?
legendary
Huh?

Yeah i know, i saw that one too, those were like 200 machines.

legendary
Huh?
Activity: 89
well it looks like you need to have your own customized miner to stay in the game these days so naturally 95% of all gpu coins will fail
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Nope,

I'm just point out that 95% of the new GPU Alts coins are failing!

In the last 2 months only 2 new alts Cypher and Driodz have held any kind of real value.

Both of those are now POS, after POW stage.

In the future, it may be best to stay away from new ninja coin launches and ICO offerings over the next few months Wink

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
are you saying that cpu coins are going better? or PoS?
legendary
Has anyone noticed just how many new GPU alt coins failed or have fallen to worthless values in April and May?

There was this one coin, Enigma [EGMA] were the coin go delisted from every exchange, because the developer could not even design a working wallet Cheesy

Then, there is Bitlux [LUX], which is now virtually worthless. Similarly, there is Sixteenbit, which is again worthless.

Bitlux only got beautiful pictures of models.

Yeah, but at least Bitlux Windows wallets worked, Sixteenbit did not have working Windows wallets.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Has anyone noticed just how many new GPU alt coins failed or have fallen to worthless values in April and May?

There was this one coin, Enigma [EGMA] were the coin go delisted from every exchange, because the developer could not even design a working wallet Cheesy

Then, there is Bitlux [LUX], which is now virtually worthless. Similarly, there is Sixteenbit, which is again worthless.

Bitlux only got beautiful pictures of models.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

they are damn good hashrates ...

if there is a miner for linux that can do those hasrates for quark - we would be happy to discuss ...

as long as the miner doesnt have malicious code ... which we would only test via a development system initially anyway ...

let me know ...

#crysx

It's from the Kachur miner dev - I'd treat with initial caution, but I've seen no evidence of it doing anything malicious so far.

tanx wolf ...

guessing you dont have one that does better? ...

#crysx

God only knows. I can't tell - people post screenshots with absurd rates like 18MH/s on a 280X, but with 10%+ rejects - and I've STILL not seen a 290X for comparison. My estimate is mine is slightly worse than his on 280X, slightly better on 290X, but not sure. I've not imported my latest implementations of the hash functions into Quark yet, though; I've been busy with my full-custom miner, plus one other algo I'm toying with.

well - id be very happy to throw some btc bits towards the quark optimization ...

edit - im just getting really tired of these 'windows only' miners that dont come with ( at least ) a linux static build version - if not the source itself ...

though i would really like to see this new miner ...

really ... Wink ...

#crysx

Well, it'll be a minor disappointment to know that the miner itself will be closed; however, due to its design, few would consider it a security risk. Running as a daemon on miners, the only output meant for the user being the API, the worst it could do is steal hashrate for a time until it was noticed and purged. The frontend, that the user sees and interacts with, will be open source - as well as the API documented, so others can make special-purpose frontends, or simply ones offering different layouts or functionality. I plan to support Windows and Linux, as well.

This is a longer-term project, though - I don't know how long it's going to take me - but I want to do it properly from the start, to make something with functionality that is useful and currently missing, or hacked together, and something that is easy to adapt to new algos and such. For example, the generic algorithm code is mostly done; besides anything I might think of later (the implementation of which will probably be optional), algorithms can be added by writing four functions - the only existing code that needs to be modified is adding the algorithm name to one array, and a corresponding entry in another with the function pointer of the initialization function. I can even see a possibility of algorithms being shared libraries, in fact - while Windows' DllMain() isn't quite ideal for the init function I use, the cleanup function could be implemented in it, which will be run when the library is unloaded.

well - as modular as it sounds - it seems that you are designing a 'system' rather than a miner ...

which makes for a very good way of mining AND implementing ( using front ends and api's ) ...

this is something to watch closely - especially if you intend on releasing it this year ...

i put my hand up to be first ( or at least one of ) in line to test ... Smiley ...

especially the linux versions ...

#crysx
legendary

if there is a miner for linux that can do those hasrates for quark - we would be happy to discuss ...

as long as the miner doesnt have malicious code ... which we would only test via a development system initially anyway ...

let me know ...

#crysx

It's from the Kachur miner dev - I'd treat with initial caution, but I've seen no evidence of it doing anything malicious so far.

tanx wolf ...

#crysx

God only knows. I can't tell - people post screenshots with absurd rates like 18MH/s on a 280X, but with 10%+ rejects - and I've STILL not seen a 290X for comparison. My estimate is mine is slightly worse than his on 280X, slightly better on 290X, but not sure. I've not imported my latest implementations of the hash functions into Quark yet, though; I've been busy with my full-custom miner, plus one other algo I'm toying with.

well - id be very happy to throw some btc bits towards the quark optimization ...

really ... Wink ...

#crysx

I'm one person! Tongue

i know - and i edited the above post ...

good things take time ... but its preferrable to be joining the journey rather than just wait and see - and then use the miner when its released ...

#crysx
legendary

let me know ...

#crysx

tanx wolf ...

#crysx

edit - im just getting really tired of these 'windows only' miners that dont come with ( at least ) a linux static build version - if not the source itself ...

really ... Wink ...

#crysx
legendary

let me know ...

#crysx

tanx wolf ...

#crysx
legendary

let me know ...

#crysx
legendary
With the real sgminer i hit 4.6Mh/s and with that strange "sgminer-with-optimized-quark-and-qubit-kernels" i can not even score a little 1Mh/s.

The results are real.
I also got bad results with 14.6, but decided to try with 15.4 beta, and confirm the results.
without much effort 280x 10,1 m
gpu/mem 1050/1500 -g 1 -w 64 -X 64

Works with Hawaii also. And on *nix.

the bins on linux? ...

how? ...

please do tell Smiley ...

#crysx
quarkcoinTahitigw64l4ku0.bin > win
quarkcoinTahitigw64l8ku0.bin > lin
Smiley

no:

l4 = 4 octects = 32 bit binary
l8 = 8 octects = 64 bit binary

they both work on windows and linux, but on linux we do not have the modified miner to run them with.
again: different kernels with different parameters than stock miner!

ok ... tanx for clarifying ...

i wanted to make sure - as wolfs x11 binaries worked on the 'standard' miner and still run superbly ...

with the quark bins - they need a modified miner ... that was what i needed clarification on ...

tanx mate ...

so can i safely assume that the modified miner wont be released for linux? ...

#crysx
Activity: 98

no:

l4 = 4 octects = 32 bit binary
l8 = 8 octects = 64 bit binary

they both work on windows and linux, but on linux we do not have themodified miner to run them with.
again: different kernels with different parameters than stock miner!

Yes, you are right.
erred because 64 bit miner of wolf, generates under Windows also l4 kernel, but this is due to another cause...
Whatever,I meant to be renamed the .bin Smiley

Try xIntensity = 512. It is higher, and the hash rate seen on pool is just slightly lower than local hash rate. If you try xIntensity = 1024 or 2048, the local hash rate is much higher, but the hash rate seen in the pool is similar to xIntensity = 512, but use more electricity.

I do not want to try with -X 512 Smiley this is just example -X (value)

@cinnamon_carter
your reasoning is correct.
When I say that the results are real not only got "Mgh" in mind.
Also coins that are generated in the pool, and the overall statistics of the pool for my account when working with this miner.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
So is it safe to say by now that there is no malware or donation ware in the new optimized sgminer quark?
Pages:
Jump to: