Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 65. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
The Russian(?) virus kernals are too slow...

Quark:

Gigabyte winddforce gtx 970 standard clocks (running opensource sp-mod version 51): 16.2MHASH (1664 shaders) 140WATT
Overclocked radeon 290 (2560 shaders) 16MHASH 300watt++

It`s injected with @double-shares "option" because of the same creator - kachur aka kpnt24 - we have faced with monero @double-shares "option" miner.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quark:

Gigabyte winddforce gtx 970 standard clocks (running opensource sp-mod version 51): 16.2MHASH (1664 shaders) 140WATT

Looking forward to your more efficient miners.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer

Quark:

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I know. The nvidia boosts are small but they are many. Some of the tricks I have used can also be done in the opencl code.. F.eks remove a couple of rounds of echo and shavite and precalc them..
The point is that I have already done it in cuda.. Rewriting to opencl will take time, but I am not starting from scratch.. I might have some changes that wolf0 hasn't thought of. The final miner could be faster than the leaked bins....

i would like to see that - especially in x11 ... and would definitely back you on that sp ...

nvidia and amd ... fully optimized AND fully open-sourced ...

now that would make for a nice mix - and would definitely be worth more than a couple of beers Wink ...

especially if you could get it all into one miner - one compile ... x11 - quark - spreadx11 - and so forth ...

#crysx
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I know. The nvidia boosts are small but they are many. Some of the tricks I have used can also be done in the opencl code.. F.eks remove a couple of rounds of echo and shavite and precalc them..
The point is that I have already done it in cuda.. Rewriting to opencl will take time, but I am not starting from scratch.. I might have some changes that wolf0 hasn't thought of. The final miner could be faster than the leaked bins....
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
The free quark miner (windows executable) is most likely a Trojan virus and have hidden mining inside it. Opensource is the way to go..
Secures the blockchains, secure the coins.

True, but I fear people won't support an opensource miner which is slower than a closed source, readily available one.
Personally I'd prefer if Wolf0 would release his miner (the old one), so you don't have to do the same work over again. But of course it's up to him ;-)
I myself made part of the work for x11 and it takes a lot of time indeed.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
The free quark miner (windows executable) is most likely a Trojan virus and have hidden mining inside it. Opensource is the way to go..
Secures the blockchains, secure the coins.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
I think it's time to make a sgminer (sp-mod). Open source.
For the last 9 months I have been sucessfully increasing the hashrate in all hashing algorithms for the NVIDIA GPU's. Time to move on to the AMD's.

Wolf0 a private quark kernel that does 18MHASH@quark on the 290x, and the opensource version is only doing 2.5MHASH.

I think I can push the opensource quark to 10MHASH pretty easy.

Who wants to donate some beers?

A nice initiatif from you sp_ but the "optimized Windows" version is also in a way opensource and faster then 10Mhash. Everyone is using it. A few, die hard *nix fans aren't.

Anyhow, nice of you to want to get involved.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
For the last 9 months I have been sucessfully increasing the hashrate in all hashing algorithms for the NVIDIA GPU's. Time to move on to the AMD's.
Wolf0 a private quark kernel that does 18MHASH@quark on the 290x, and the opensource version is only doing 2.5MHASH.
atm AMD @ quark
270   = 6 MH/S
280x = 13 MH/S
290   = 16 MH/S
and for 290x, well i don't own it Cheesy

I know there are faster kernals, but they are not open source.
Rux
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024
https://crypto.ba

atm AMD @ quark

270   = 6 MH/S
280x = 13 MH/S
290   = 16 MH/S

and for 290x, well i don't own it Cheesy
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer

legendary
Hoping they release soon Quark miner optimized for 290x...

maybe if we all pitch in - wolf 'may' have a nice optimized one if he is interested Wink ...

#crysx
legendary

mining ( and building the farm ) is by far the most intensive build i have done in a very long time - and that includes rolling out server and desktop systems for american express those many years ago ...

stable - not quite ...

though i do agree with you that if its only doing something as 'simple' ( and i dont mean that any of it simple - but compared to the stresses that the equipment gets put under in mining ) like data services or staorage and iis - most os's can do that ...

as far as rock solid stability goes with mining - windows is a flake ...

tried it - done it - dumped it ... next! ... linux ... and the farm is still rock solid ...

not as oc'd as the windows based environments are - but that will change as time progresses ...

the issue is support ... when linux gets the support that it deserves - then there wont be much else in its way ...

#crysx

Mining exclusively on Windows since 2012 - maybe I've just been lucky for 3+ years... Or, it may just be that supporting MS products has paid the bills for almost 20 years Wink

hehehe ... true - true ...

i have to admit - microsoft have helped put a lot of money in mine over the last 27 years also ...

ahhh support ... i really dont miss it ... that much Wink ...

#crysx
Activity: 693
Merit: 500

mining ( and building the farm ) is by far the most intensive build i have done in a very long time - and that includes rolling out server and desktop systems for american express those many years ago ...

stable - not quite ...

though i do agree with you that if its only doing something as 'simple' ( and i dont mean that any of it simple - but compared to the stresses that the equipment gets put under in mining ) like data services or staorage and iis - most os's can do that ...

as far as rock solid stability goes with mining - windows is a flake ...

tried it - done it - dumped it ... next! ... linux ... and the farm is still rock solid ...

not as oc'd as the windows based environments are - but that will change as time progresses ...

the issue is support ... when linux gets the support that it deserves - then there wont be much else in its way ...

#crysx

Mining exclusively on Windows since 2012 - maybe I've just been lucky for 3+ years... Or, it may just be that supporting MS products has paid the bills for almost 20 years Wink
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hoping they release soon Quark miner optimized for 290x...
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
ive worked in datacenters where some of the systems were still running xp Smiley ... but they were doing 1 or 2 things that required little effort from a server ...
Oo oO
This is fun ; )

Let's not start another linux vs win OT. I know by experience that it's pointless, it's like android vs iphone ;-)
Planes running Java with GC kicking in at any time..

*nix vs win, opensource vs prop., .net vs java is so much fun ; )
legendary
Let's not start another linux vs win OT. I know by experience that it's pointless, it's like android vs iphone ;-)

only posting experiences ... thats all mate ...

ive had very bad ones with windows and hair pulling and frustrating but satisfying ones with linux ...

there - its out now ...

where was that linux version of the optimized quark miner again? ...

Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
In the datacenter we are decomissioning, we have several Windows 2000 servers still left in operation, at least one of which was actually installed in 2000.  It's running IIS and custom web packages, and was still in use as of last month.  Any OS can be stable

Live atm.
C:\>systeminfo | find /i "install date"
Original Install Date:     11.08.2009, 14:33:04
In operation much earlier, but was only partially restored(on clean install) from catastrophic HDD failure.

2k3 - DC, TFS, IIS/Apache, SMTP, DNS, MS/My SQL, RDP, multihomed 3x.

Tho.. ofc.. if u have hands growing out of the ass u can screw up even iOS.

hahaha ... so true ...

though i think you really need to be either really stupid - or know what the hell you are doing to screw that up Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
In the datacenter we are decomissioning, we have several Windows 2000 servers still left in operation, at least one of which was actually installed in 2000.  It's running IIS and custom web packages, and was still in use as of last month.  Any OS can be stable

Live atm.
C:\>systeminfo | find /i "install date"
Original Install Date:     11.08.2009, 14:33:04
In operation much earlier, but was only partially restored(on clean install) from catastrophic HDD failure.

2k3 - DC, TFS, IIS/Apache, SMTP, DNS, MS/My SQL, RDP, multihomed 3x.

Tho.. ofc.. if u have hands growing out of the ass u can screw up even iOS.
Pages:
Jump to: