Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 63. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
if we can get the damned adsl connection back on - and running STABLE ( a word that these comms companies seem to know nothing about ) - then i will setup a donation link specifically for the algo and miner that you have optimized as part of the testing of the donation links ( which are currently donating for sp at the moment ) ...
Next time You speak with telecom support, tell them to DECREASE the speed of the line. They will tell You that they are measuring, bla, bla,... that the link is OK for the X speed, bla, bla,... I struggled long time with unstable ADSL until one wise support lady did decreased the speed. Later, when problem arose (it was once or two times a year) I knew that someone upped the speed, so it was easy to convince support to decrease again.  Cool

tanx for the advice ...

but unfortunately that had already been tested for 24hours ... 3rd level dropped it ( aparently he was 'testing' - but i bet he knew what the issue was and thought he could fix it ) to 1.5mbit - which worked for a short while - but apart from being completely frustrated by it and the connection for 24jors - was useless to the issue we were receiving ... its now sitting on the 16mbit profile ( i think ) and it was running fine until the day before yesterday ...

as usual support say its MY network / link / cabling at fault ... silly people ...

here we go again with the round of finger pointing before THEY realize its THEIR optus dslam thats the issue - AGAIN ...

#crysx
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
if we can get the damned adsl connection back on - and running STABLE ( a word that these comms companies seem to know nothing about ) - then i will setup a donation link specifically for the algo and miner that you have optimized as part of the testing of the donation links ( which are currently donating for sp at the moment ) ...
Next time You speak with telecom support, tell them to DECREASE the speed of the line. They will tell You that they are measuring, bla, bla,... that the link is OK for the X speed, bla, bla,... I struggled long time with unstable ADSL until one wise support lady did decreased the speed. Later, when problem arose (it was once or two times a year) I knew that someone upped the speed, so it was easy to convince support to decrease again.  Cool
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
I have started now with modding kernals..

Quark on the 280x standard clocks does 4,5 MHASH without changing the sgminer code only the .cl code..

the original code did 1.7MHASH

works on linux..
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
ah, ok, mine is 290 without X Smiley

weird, because xI=512 is slightly slower for me... but I may be cpu-bound, because the cpu is ancient Core e2180 @2GHz, 2GB ram Smiley

Cpu has no effect, i have two Rigs with 290 cards, one had a regular Pentium and the other has an i5, same speed on those cards..

However, drivers, that's something that does have an effect!
If opencl dlls are in the folder of sgminer, then drivers are not important

I guuess you never tried it then..

Because they are...

You're on Linux, he's on Windows.

True, but it has also an effect in Windows.

I remember that from the days i use to mine scrypt when i was on Windows.

This isn't scrypt, i know, but the affect it has on the cards should be more or less the same.

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

Because they are...
I admit for being completely out-of-touch with crypto for last 6 months. My claim is based on exp with Claymore's miners.
What driver version is best for 290 ?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
CPU may have an impact on some optimised miners (like whirlpoolx) or if you don't set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
legendary
Huh?

weird, because xI=512 is slightly slower for me... but I may be cpu-bound, because the cpu is ancient Core e2180 @2GHz, 2GB ram Smiley

Cpu has no effect, i have two Rigs with 290 cards, one had a regular Pentium and the other has an i5, same speed on those cards..

Because they are...
legendary

legendary
Huh?

legendary
Huh?
Rux
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024
https://crypto.ba
i have also slow cpu some celeron but i have 8 gb of ram , 4 x 290 on rig
legendary
Rux
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024
https://crypto.ba
legendary
legendary
legendary
Anybody with a good working lyra2RE config?
And what is the normal hashrate with 280x around 700 or more ?

see the thread in my signature.

tanx pallas ...

ill have a test with them this week ...

an issue has just pulled down our entire system ( internet AGAIN ) and connectivity is down most of the time - with a little bit of uptime ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

I known how you feel: I've been struggling with unstable DSL for years, then I switched to wimax just to have similar problems over again :-(
If the miner works fine for you and you wish to support, there is a sample conf with my address you can mine a bit with. Thanks! ;-)

we will mine on there for a donation for you ( with the machines that the miner works on ) - no problem Smiley ...

think its time to connect the cable link back again ... both adsl 2+ links are down - and so we get intermittent connectivity with intermittent mining and intermittent internet ...

i wonder if intermittent payment to these companies would be a suitable offset? ...

#crysx

Thanks mate ☺

no worries ...

time for bed for me now - im tired beyond description ...

here is to the hope the links come up tomorrow ...

nite all ...

#crysx

Dunno what country you're from, but over here, the only thing that made my rigs disconnect was a power outage.

I have a dynamic IP, one that only changes when the modem reboots and i usually keep my same dynamic ip for half a year or so Smiley

Guess it depends on where you live..

that is true - even though there we have static ips for our links ...

its adelaide australia ... the ass end of the country ... its a gorgeous place - aaand everyone is asleep ...

im personally from sydney - and that is one hell of a different place from here ... alive and vibrant - not sleepy and slow ...

in any case - the issues here are that the telstra cable in the road are old and decayed - which makes for a very flaky connection at the best of times ...

telstra is the main culprit for this infrastructure - but does almost nothing to upgrade it in some of the areas that require high speed and reliability - the other companies ( optus - vodafone ) bulk buy a lot of their data and airtime - though i think recently that has changed and they have been building their own infrastructure these last few years ...

in any case - the link comes up and down like a bloody yoyo ... and one of the links is still dead ...

the home link ( where im messaging from now ) is a fibre nbn connection ... so its still up ... which does nothing for the office or the main part of the farm ...

which ever way this goes - the links NEED to be up and running soon ...

and funnily enough - 'they' continue to charge the monthly fee - even with no stable connection for weeks at a time sometimes ... without ANY compensation for the down time ...

#crysx
legendary
Huh?

tanx pallas ...

an issue has just pulled down our entire system ( internet AGAIN ) and connectivity is down most of the time - with a little bit of uptime ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

I known how you feel: I've been struggling with unstable DSL for years, then I switched to wimax just to have similar problems over again :-(
If the miner works fine for you and you wish to support, there is a sample conf with my address you can mine a bit with. Thanks! ;-)

we will mine on there for a donation for you ( with the machines that the miner works on ) - no problem Smiley ...

think its time to connect the cable link back again ... both adsl 2+ links are down - and so we get intermittent connectivity with intermittent mining and intermittent internet ...

i wonder if intermittent payment to these companies would be a suitable offset? ...

#crysx

Thanks mate ☺

no worries ...

nite all ...

#crysx

Dunno what country you're from, but over here, the only thing that made my rigs disconnect was a power outage.

I have a dynamic IP, one that only changes when the modem reboots and i usually keep my same dynamic ip for half a year or so Smiley

Guess it depends on where you live..
legendary

tanx pallas ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

#crysx

Thanks mate ☺

no worries ...

nite all ...

#crysx
legendary
#crysx

You need a satelite link, a mobile link and a adsl/cable link in a bridge connection. Then you are safe.

i think you are spot on sp Wink ...

luckily linux makes it an easy thing to bridge connections to the one machine as a single link - for proxy or direct internet ...

will have to look into it Cheesy ...

downtime is very costly for us ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

tanx pallas ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

#crysx

Thanks mate ☺
Pages:
Jump to: