Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 64. (Read 877846 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
think its time to connect the cable link back again ... both adsl 2+ links are down - and so we get intermittent connectivity with intermittent mining and intermittent internet ...
i wonder if intermittent payment to these companies would be a suitable offset? ...
#crysx

You need a satelite link, a mobile link and a adsl/cable link in a bridge connection. Then you are safe.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Anybody with a good working lyra2RE config?
And what is the normal hashrate with 280x around 700 or more ?

see the thread in my signature.

tanx pallas ...

ill have a test with them this week ...

an issue has just pulled down our entire system ( internet AGAIN ) and connectivity is down most of the time - with a little bit of uptime ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

I known how you feel: I've been struggling with unstable DSL for years, then I switched to wimax just to have similar problems over again :-(
If the miner works fine for you and you wish to support, there is a sample conf with my address you can mine a bit with. Thanks! ;-)

if we can get the damned adsl connection back on - and running STABLE ( a word that these comms companies seem to know nothing about ) - then i will setup a donation link specifically for the algo and miner that you have optimized as part of the testing of the donation links ( which are currently donating for sp at the moment ) ...

we will mine on there for a donation for you ( with the machines that the miner works on ) - no problem Smiley ...

think its time to connect the cable link back again ... both adsl 2+ links are down - and so we get intermittent connectivity with intermittent mining and intermittent internet ...

i wonder if intermittent payment to these companies would be a suitable offset? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

tanx pallas ...

an issue has just pulled down our entire system ( internet AGAIN ) and connectivity is down most of the time - with a little bit of uptime ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

I known how you feel: I've been struggling with unstable DSL for years, then I switched to wimax just to have similar problems over again :-(
If the miner works fine for you and you wish to support, there is a sample conf with my address you can mine a bit with. Thanks! ;-)
legendary

tanx pallas ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

You can get more with Pallas his version.

i believe i got around 1.2Mh on my 280x's. (14.12 drivers, *nix)
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

legendary
I think it's time to make a sgminer (sp-mod). Open source.
For the last 9 months I have been sucessfully increasing the hashrate in all hashing algorithms for the NVIDIA GPU's. Time to move on to the AMD's.

Wolf0 a private quark kernel that does 18MHASH@quark on the 290x, and the opensource version is only doing 2.5MHASH.

I think I can push the opensource quark to 10MHASH pretty easy.

Who wants to donate some beers?

I shall donate if your miner is comparable to the fast private or closed source ones.

we have been setting up testing links for donations if mining is your thing ... the tests so far are for sp - but will be expanded to other devs soon ...

if you are interested in sending some hashrate for sp - then let me know ...

so far - all the hashing and mining will be going through nicehash - as yaamp only just got back on line ...

the more hashrate - the better ... it will all be funneled into a single user hashing under sp's btc address on a few algos ...

as said earlier though - if this all goes through well - we will move it all to a better server and make it a more permanent thing for miners to donate hashrate - not just btc ...

sp's ccminer fork is one of the best out there currently - in my opinion ...

#crysx
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think it's time to make a sgminer (sp-mod). Open source.
For the last 9 months I have been sucessfully increasing the hashrate in all hashing algorithms for the NVIDIA GPU's. Time to move on to the AMD's.

Wolf0 a private quark kernel that does 18MHASH@quark on the 290x, and the opensource version is only doing 2.5MHASH.

I think I can push the opensource quark to 10MHASH pretty easy.

Who wants to donate some beers?

I shall donate if your miner is comparable to the fast private or closed source ones.
legendary
It's obviously a bunch of machines pointing to 1 worker.

I made some changes and got my 290x cards working, I get 10mh/s x11 and 16mh/s Quark at stock clocks, not too shabby.

it is defintely a number of machines pointing to one btc address ( as noted in the machine list underneath ) ...

but what you described is the way we do it with our farm also ... a number of machines pointing to one worker and mining as one worker ...

btw - what miner do you use to get those rates - and what settings do you use for the miner? ...

nice hashrates Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It's obviously a bunch of machines pointing to 1 worker.

I made some changes and got my 290x cards working, I get 10mh/s x11 and 16mh/s Quark at stock clocks, not too shabby.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
That guy has very high speed, one rig has over 600MH/s, how could that be? FPGA?

https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=12&addr=1MPnrpSFBEvzDqpFpv2Fit4ktRVzkBVfdQ

More than likely using multiple rigs or even renting rigs and just mining into the one BTC address.

Unlikely as you can see the rigs listed below

You can also connect with multiple Rigs to a pool and then connect that pool to nicehash, so nicehash will only see 1 worker...

It's in my personal opinion impossible to reach those speeds with one rig.
Even if you would manage to reach 50Mhash per card (unlikely) you would still not be able to get even close to 600Mhash...
Activity: 14
That guy has very high speed, one rig has over 600MH/s, how could that be? FPGA?

https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=12&addr=1MPnrpSFBEvzDqpFpv2Fit4ktRVzkBVfdQ

More than likely using multiple rigs or even renting rigs and just mining into the one BTC address.

Unlikely as you can see the rigs listed below
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 14
What sgminer version did you use?

Thanks.
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
Activity: 59
how much should speed 290 in quark?
legendary
The Russian(?) virus kernals are too slow...

Quark:

Gigabyte winddforce gtx 970 standard clocks (running opensource sp-mod version 51): 16.2MHASH (1664 shaders) 140WATT
Overclocked radeon 290 (2560 shaders) 16MHASH 300watt++

It`s injected with @double-shares "option" because of the same creator - kachur aka kpnt24 - we have faced with monero @double-shares "option" miner.
I wouldn't say that without any proof. I have been running it for a week and my miner and work at pools all show equivalent work. Sure it is possible that
it could be skimming an insignificant amount that I  can't detect, but without proof you are just making accusations.

here is the difference ...

we know nothing really about the full workings of the miner due to it being closed ...

that being said - we dont really know a great deal about the developer himself ...

so all this speculation about whether it skims or it doesnt really is irrelevant - especially if you are running the miner without ANY prior research into the miner AND the dev AND dont take precautions to protect your systems from any malicious code as well ( the 'just in case' factor ) ...

the difference is simple in this respect ...

devs like sp - djm34 - wolf0 ( amongst a few others ) are blunt and open ... they are respected community members and when they develop - they develop with no ambiguity ... there are no questions whether the miner or optimizations they develop are questionable in any way - because they TELL the community if it is open-source or closed-source AND what the miner does and doesnt do ... whether they sell their work or not - there are no questions ... unlike what we are going through at the moment with this miner ...

this brings about a level of TRUST that you dont get with these other devs that release 'their' apps and bring nothing else really to the table ...

this is why we can afford to wait and see and NOT go with the miners we have doubts and unanswered questions ... and there is no way we ( ACE ) would risk our farm ( linux or not ) with a miner that is released from a developer that we cant trust - due to his lack of transparency ...

if YOU want to run it - its at your own risk ... either way its YOUR decision ...

simple ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
The Russian(?) virus kernals are too slow...

Quark:

Gigabyte winddforce gtx 970 standard clocks (running opensource sp-mod version 51): 16.2MHASH (1664 shaders) 140WATT
Overclocked radeon 290 (2560 shaders) 16MHASH 300watt++

It`s injected with @double-shares "option" because of the same creator - kachur aka kpnt24 - we have faced with monero @double-shares "option" miner.
I wouldn't say that without any proof. I have been running it for a week and my miner and work at pools all show equivalent work. Sure it is possible that
it could be skimming an insignificant amount that I  can't detect, but without proof you are just making accusations.
Pages:
Jump to: