Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 62. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Which of the two algorithms profit is greater than Quark or Lyra2RE?

With two 7970 do little more than 2 MH/s, but 280x can not in any way make them do more than 180-190kH/s. Where is wrong? This is with algorithm Lyra2RE.

My settings are the same for both types of video cards!
Here it is in my file:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer.exe -k Lyra2RE -o stratum+tcp://lyra2re.eu.nicehash.com:3342 -u address -p p=1 --intensity 15 --worksize 128 -g 2 --gpu-reorder

What is your gpu memory type? Is that not hynex?

Yes, the problem may be the memories. Memoryinfo says that 7970 have Hynix and 280x with Elpida. Perhaps this is the problem, because only 280x are not working.
Thank you. I know not to agonize over.

elpida surely will be slower, but not as much as you are reporting.
there must be something else going wrong.
you should get between 1050 and 1150 on tahiti cards.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250

With two 7970 do little more than 2 MH/s, but 280x can not in any way make them do more than 180-190kH/s. Where is wrong? This is with algorithm Lyra2RE.

Here it is in my file:

sgminer.exe -k Lyra2RE -o stratum+tcp://lyra2re.eu.nicehash.com:3342 -u address -p p=1 --intensity 15 --worksize 128 -g 2 --gpu-reorder

Yes, the problem may be the memories. Memoryinfo says that 7970 have Hynix and 280x with Elpida. Perhaps this is the problem, because only 280x are not working.
Thank you. I know not to agonize over.
Activity: 434

Here it is in my file:

2 DStefanov

Use optimized miner from pallas. It is free and open. Look in  parallel thread. Don't forget thanks to the author ...

I use miner from Pallas and that with it I can not bring more than 180-190 kh / s. I would gladly gave, but let us first be able to let him go. Thank you!

what are your settings for gpu core clock and gpu memory clock?

Recommended by Pallas: core clock - 835MHz and memory clock - 1500MHz

What I tried and does not get anything. I return to Quark ..for now!
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
2 DStefanov

Use optimized miner from pallas. It is free and open. Look in  parallel thread. Don't forget thanks to the author ...

I use miner from Pallas and that with it I can not bring more than 180-190 kh / s. I would gladly gave, but let us first be able to let him go. Thank you!

what are your settings for gpu core clock and gpu memory clock?
2 DStefanov

legendary
Black Belt Developer
2 DStefanov

thanks
see my signature for the link
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
2 DStefanov

Here it is in my file:

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
What should be  hashrate of 280x/7970 in Lyra2RE?
A Fools Paradise Is A Wise Man's Hell
@Pallas - I'm guessing the answer is no but never hurts to ask, have you tried or do you just know if the modified Lyra2RE.cl file can be "easily" used with the standard sgminer5 or is the sgminer code itself altered to where it's not compatible? I was gonna just give it a try but I noticed the .cl file has a slightly different name than the stock sgminers Lyra2RE.cl which makes me think compatibility will be an issue.

No, it can't be used with stock sgminer5.
Thanks, usually when I attempt things like that they not only do not work but I usually end up breaking all kinds of things in the process and have to clone a completely new one
@Pallas - I'm guessing the answer is no but never hurts to ask, have you tried or do you just know if the modified Lyra2RE.cl file can be "easily" used with the standard sgminer5 or is the sgminer code itself altered to where it's not compatible? I was gonna just give it a try but I noticed the .cl file has a slightly different name than the stock sgminers Lyra2RE.cl which makes me think compatibility will be an issue.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Lyra2RE optimized bins/kernels?
what results with 280x or 290?

See my signature
legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
Lyra2RE optimized bins/kernels?
what results with 280x or 290?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I pulled the last record - 7.4MH/s or so, no rejects over 40min.
Wow, nice work.
I tried reading through your comments in your optimized whirlpool miner for any hints but I still have no clue Smiley

That won't really help too much with Quark - but there is a way to optimize that Whirlpool miner further - left as an exercise for the reader.

"Further" = 2x :-D
Activity: 654

thank.................
Wow, nice work.
I tried reading through your comments in your optimized whirlpool miner for any hints but I still have no clue Smiley
hi, asus 270x quark speed? thank
1.7 mh/s with the stock sgminer
Probably capible of 6-7 mh/s or more with Wolf's optimizations. Before you ask, Wolf's miner is NOT publicly available.
Activity: 654
hi, asus 270x quark speed? thank
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I have started now with modding kernals..

Quark on the 280x standard clocks does 4,5 MHASH without changing the sgminer code only the .cl code..

the original code did 1.7MHASH

works on linux..

Child's play, though - you need to change the whole way it's done to get 10MH/s+.

it is a start though ...

you have been optimizing and rewriting sgminer and opencl for a while now wolf - so its no surprise to see that you can more than double the effort ...

i guess its all a learning process for all ...

will be interesting to see how this comes out and what hashrates are got from the optimizations that can be had from what sp is doing ...

im all for it - as i have been with what you have been doing wolf ... i would still like to get my hands on your miner though Wink ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: