Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 84. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

ok sgminer works but now I get lots of HW and everything just rejects and look how low my hashrate is for a XFX R9 290X  

sgminer --help
"
--algorithm|--kernel|-k Set mining algorithm and most common defaults, default: scrypt
"

Thanks for the help, so do I put --help in the batch file?

OMG, NOPE
i mean use help
help says -k, not --k

Sorry I did say I am a noob lol Smiley ok I will try now
EDIT ok that worked now I just need temps down and I think I will be mining Smiley I am grateful for the help no HW this time Cheesy  http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc271/baz80/Capture_zpsit68n8fi.jpg
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Wolf0 you might as well be the sgminer developer Cheesy

Everybody wants you tech, whether it's for free or you have to buy it Wink

This why you are a "Hero Member" on this forum Grin

And, yes, some of your old kernels are in the officially bundled version of the obsolete "official" SGminer release Shocked

Naturally, everyone thinks you are one of the SGminer developers Shocked

That's nothing, one of the people who coded the obsolete neoscrypt kernel put this into the coding "F*ck you, AMD".

Yelp, all the miners with AMD cards seem to really dislike them at moment, Nvidia can expect bumpers sales in 2016 when all the AMD cards die Tongue

So funny, that bit in the coding Cheesy

No, that was me who put that comment into my code - goddamned buggy compiler.

I am NOT an SGMiner developer. Don't even joke like that - even if I was, I'd beg to not be associated with developing that thing.

Oh but you are, your kernel is included in the current release!

If you like, I can replace it with my version..

Your version is based on my version... lol.

ok sgminer works but now I get lots of HW and everything just rejects and look how low my hashrate is for a XFX R9 290X  

sgminer --help
"
--algorithm|--kernel|-k Set mining algorithm and most common defaults, default: scrypt
"

Thanks for the help, so do I put --help in the batch file?
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc271/baz80/Untitled_zpsffpiskx4.jpg

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
please could someone tell me where I am going wrong,

I have downloaded sgminer v5 and I am trying to mine Myr with one XFX R9 290X 4GB  but I am having trouble since I am a noob and last time I mined someone set it all up for me
this is what my batch file is like but the problem is sgminer closes on me

@echo off
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe --k -o stratum+tcp://europe1.myriadcoin-groestl.miningpoolhub.com:20479 -u xxxxxx.xxxxxx -p x -I 16 -g 2 -w 64 --no-submit-stale --failover-only --gpu-engine 1025 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 0

kernel is missing
It was only the wind.
Can someone tell me what is the current performance of a R9 280X on X11 and X13 WITHOUT overclocking ?

I'm averaging at about 3.3 - 3.4 MH/s (X11) with latest sgminer on AMD's Omega Drivers @ Linux and think it might be a bit slow.

Thanks !

oc

Hi,

With the modded X11 kernel and modded Tahiti bin file, it is around 5.8mhs Roll Eyes Overclocked is around 6.7mhs

Previous post has the filedropper location of the leaked mod by LoveToShares.

Replace the (delete) old sgminer kernel file and put the modded one in it's place, delete the old bin files and replace with modded bins for Tahiti GPU.

Make sure your config file worksize is set to 64

It is as easy as that Shocked

Omega drivers are rubbish for mining and you need amd-catalyst-14.7 RC1 up to RC3

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/amd-catalyst-14-7-rc1-(14-200-1004-july-9)-download,1.html

Or

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/amd-catalyst-14-7-rc3-(14-200-1004-august-11)-download,1.html

Hope that helps Grin

The leaked Kernel and Bins were originally developed by Wolf0 (one of named SGminer developers), he does welcome donations in Darkcoin for those people who feel guilty about using his tech for free Roll Eyes

I am NOT an SGMiner developer. Don't even joke like that - even if I was, I'd beg to not be associated with developing that thing.
please could someone tell me where I am going wrong,

I have downloaded sgminer v5 and I am trying to mine Myr with one XFX R9 290X 4GB  but I am having trouble since I am a noob and last time I mined someone set it all up for me
this is what my batch file is like but the problem is sgminer closes on me

@echo off
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe --k -o stratum+tcp://europe1.myriadcoin-groestl.miningpoolhub.com:20479 -u xxxxxx.xxxxxx -p x -I 16 -g 2 -w 64 --no-submit-stale --failover-only --gpu-engine 1025 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 0
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Which algo is the most (top 3) user friendly to mine (lowest GPU temp, lowest power consuption)?
Definitely Fresh

QUBIT

FRESH? What's that? Never heard of this algo...Which coin(s) are FRESH?

What about Qubit - top 3 qubit coins?

That's not your question.  The question was "Which algo is the most (top 3) user friendly to mine (lowest GPU temp, lowest power consuption)?"

You didn't ask about familiarity.
legendary
Which algo is the most (top 3) user friendly to mine (lowest GPU temp, lowest power consuption)?
Definitely Fresh

QUBIT

FRESH? What's that? Never heard of this algo...Which coin(s) are FRESH?

What about Qubit - top 3 qubit coins?
I don't always drink...
Definitely Fresh

QUBIT
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
So i've got my 6870's pulling 1mh each running at 950core 1000mem with worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 8192, Shouldn't they be going a bit faster? Darkcoin kernel

No, its the best you will get. Those old GPUs arent optimized correctly for X11 mining.

I'll assume that it's still better than mining scrypt coins though right?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Definitely Fresh
It was only the wind.
legendary
I don't always drink...
Wolf0,

I am using the Ziftr miner on 6 different rigs.  These rigs all have AMD 14.6 or 14.7 installed so I put the 15.3b drivers in your miner folder.  After about 18 hours of running with no reboots (yea!) each rig has multiple hardware errors and it is ALWAYS and ONLY gpu 0.  Does that mean anything to you?

I am using Tahiti cards, 1050/1500, xI 1024, w 256, g 2

Please advise.

14.7 vs 15.3b DRIVERS --

First, version 14.7 drivers are Linux, and contemporary with 14.6 Windows drivers.  I run my 280x cards on Linux, and if I let them run for 18 hours, it is a long run.  I usually am forced to reboot by the power switch because sgminer will not close out cleanly.  During the last few hours of a 15-18 hour run, performance drops dramatically.  The longer it drops, the more likely it is that the rig will need a hard (power switch) reboot.  Many times I can only run for a few hours.

The performance is similar over several algos, Lyra2, x11, whatever.       --scryptr 

Interesting.  I almost never have to hard reboot my rigs.  The performance I am getting from Wolf0's latest ZR5 miner is the same as when I started it.  Few rejects.  I am mainly concerned about the hardware errors only from gpu 0 when none of the others are affected.  It seems like this pattern should be able to be addressed logically.  Having said that, I am going to hard reboot each one and see what happens over the next 24 hours.
It was only the wind.
Wolf0 Neoscrypt mod must have been sold to every big miner Wink

2 days ago FTC network hash was 779mhs

Today, the FTC network hash is 1.05GHs  Shocked

A whopping 35% increase in 2 days Tongue

Nope - my guy may have switched back to Neo, though.

What do you think of my post on the CCminer thread wolf0?

"It's math and macro economic strategy for most people to make a return on alts.

"Yeah, but remember, big funds outside of the Crypto Sector have, only, a 5% success in investments into new business ventures   Shocked

Why should new crypto coins have a bigger success ratio, maybe a lower success rate of 4%. Developers disappearing is not such a surprise, when you think about it? Some investors and miners have unrealistic outlooks on new alts, even old alts  Huh

Buying or mining into coin before they have their 1st Block halving or late on in their pre-POS as the initial buzz of the launch has worn off, the the most efficient way to get a big position with such a low success rate.

Taking a position of 0.001% to 0.0001% is necesssary to ensure the few successes you achieve return a net profit compared to failed investments.

Here's a few examples:

Pheonixcoin, 98 million coins, equals 98,000 to 9,800 position; Block halving 2015.

Feathercoin 300,000,000 coins, equals 300,000 to 30,000 position; Block halving 2019.

Vertcoin 84,000,000 coins, equals 84,000 to 8,400,000 position; Block halving 2018.

Therefore, if one or two investments reach 10-50 cent a coin, you have made a net profit on the investments, even though your investment in the other 24 coins made a mad loss   Grin"

Hope it helps newcommers Wink"

I think that strategy will probably work - but you won't make much that way. I'm more inclined to invest in something I think will succeed, if I invest at all, rather than hedge every bet I make.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Wolf0,

I am using the Ziftr miner on 6 different rigs.  These rigs all have AMD 14.6 or 14.7 installed so I put the 15.3b drivers in your miner folder.  After about 18 hours of running with no reboots (yea!) each rig has multiple hardware errors and it is ALWAYS and ONLY gpu 0.  Does that mean anything to you?

Please advise.

14.7 vs 15.3b DRIVERS --

First, version 14.7 drivers are Linux, and contemporary with 14.6 Windows drivers.  I run my 280x cards on Linux, and if I let them run for 18 hours, it is a long run.  I usually am forced to reboot by the power switch because sgminer will not close out cleanly.  During the last few hours of a 15-18 hour run, performance drops dramatically.  The longer it drops, the more likely it is that the rig will need a hard (power switch) reboot.  Many times I can only run for a few hours.

The performance is similar over several algos, Lyra2, x11, whatever.  I am planning on reloading my rig with Windows and trying the newer drivers.  Does anyone have performance data to share with newer drivers, newest versions of sgminer, etc?      

--scryptr  
I don't always drink...
Wolf0,

I am using the Ziftr miner on 6 different rigs.  These rigs all have AMD 14.6 or 14.7 installed so I put the 15.3b drivers in your miner folder.  After about 18 hours of running with no reboots (yea!) each rig has multiple hardware errors and it is ALWAYS and ONLY gpu 0.  Does that mean anything to you?

Please advise.
It was only the wind.
Wolf0 Neoscrypt mod must have been sold to every big miner Wink

2 days ago FTC network hash was 779mhs

Today, the FTC network hash is 1.05GHs  Shocked

A whopping 35% increase in 2 days Tongue

Nope - my guy may have switched back to Neo, though.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
there's a lot of talk here of AMD 14.7 + drivers ,,, has there been some break through regarding hash rates of these newer drivers ?

cheer's
Pages:
Jump to: