Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 85. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Has anyone compiled a new windows version of sgminer that includes wolf0's whirlpoolx optimizations that troky committed.

Also the ziftr miner is out thanks to wolf0, can it be merged into this particular sgminer?  Or wolf0, can your miner be used to mine other algos, I noticed it has those pre-generated card-specific bins for zftr.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
So i've got my 6870's pulling 1mh each running at 950core 1000mem with worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 8192, Shouldn't they be going a bit faster? Darkcoin kernel

No, its the best you will get. Those old GPUs arent optimized correctly for X11 mining.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
He just said it was all rejects - I've got 500kh/s on 280X working, but just barely.

You newb's, I tell ya..  Barely working at 500, sheesh, can't even put out the effort to get it stable...  Wink

Haha, it is stable. Just barely over 500  Wink

510 here. Smiley

damm315er probably was mining scrypt with the older sgminer, that explains 100% rejects.. Smiley

Do you use a private miner (kernel)?

We've worked together a bit on it.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
has someone put a new sgminer containing ziftr kernel ??

Huh? Ziftr released it.

thanks i'll look more
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
So i've got my 6870's pulling 1mh each running at 950core 1000mem with worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 8192, Shouldn't they be going a bit faster? Darkcoin kernel
Activity: 528
has someone put a new sgminer containing ziftr kernel ??
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I also had some weird issues with 14.12.

On one machine, GPU0 would not accept GPU engine clock changes very easily. If doing it manually inside GPU settings, usually sgminer would say "driver reported failure" and the clocks would be pretty much random after that, usually very low clocks though. However, after lots and lots of tries, it actually accepted the clock change and would then run many days without problem.

This was also the same with aticonfig, also it would report fail and GPU0 would have random clocks afterwards.

gpu-auto in sgminer didn't really work at all, because it would get stuck at some low frequency if the clock setting failed. I did a small patch, that would retry increasing the clock after a few seconds, until full speed is reached.. But it could take something like 30 minutes to get it running at full clocks!

All this was only on GPU0, other GPUs were fine. I didn't try switching boards around, but with 14.6 drivers GPU0 changes clocks without problems.

On my other machine, 14.12 would crash X instantly if starting sgminer. This was fixed with option --no-adl. I remember having exact same behaviour with some Catalyst 13.xx, it didn't like "fanless" GPUs where GPU fan readings are always at 0rpm.. This is a watercooled system so there are no fans.  However 14.6 again works fine, with adl enabled.

So now I'm back at 14.6. I have a desktop machine with 14.12, and run CodeXL there so I can generate 14.12 binaries for any GPU.. They usually work just fine with 14.6 drivers.

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
guys who experience slot 0 problems,
do you have some driver dll's in sgminer folder ?
(i got some other weird effects on 15.3 with 14.7 dll's in there,
when mining on pregenerated bin, not when compiling it)

Can't be, I'm on linux ;-)
Activity: 672
Quick question:
what hash speed can I get with AMD R9 290 on X11 algo?

With 280x I get 6,6 mh/s with wolf's bins, how much more can I get with 290?

Thanks.

Can you share your settings? Im using the latest 5.0.1 and all im getting is about 3.8mh.

Nevermind, fixed it.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Mining x11, gpu0 hashes but no submitted shares and no hardware errors, gpu1 is ok.
Tried switching the two gpus but still gpu0 doesn't work (i.e. the gpu in the top pci slot).
I'm using wolf0's binaries.
Mining other algos works fine.
Also tried older sgminer versions but no change.
Any clues?

I'd say the problem is between Wolf's x11 bins and new AMD drivers (14.12 and 15.3beta).
Standard x11 kernel works with any driver version. Sgminer version is irrelevant here.

Wolf, do you have any explanation? Smiley

I can add the information that I had this problem with pregenerated bins: if I compile them myself, they work.
Maybe it's a 32/64 bit issue?

I am mining on Ubuntu 14.04 Linux, AMD 14.7 drivers, 6x 280X, and the slot 0 card fails in less than 10 minutes.  AMD 14.7 drivers for Linux were reputed to be the best and fastest.  I replaced the card with a new one and had the same result.

The last time I had a stable sgminer build was pre-November '14 and the accompanying Neoscrypt craze.  The latest Linux sgminer binaries give the same results; card 0 dies.       --scryptr

Same problem here, slot 0 doesn't hash with 14.12 drivers. It does hash with 14.9 or lower..
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Mining x11, gpu0 hashes but no submitted shares and no hardware errors, gpu1 is ok.
Tried switching the two gpus but still gpu0 doesn't work (i.e. the gpu in the top pci slot).
Any clues?

I'd say the problem is between Wolf's x11 bins and new AMD drivers (14.12 and 15.3beta).
Standard x11 kernel works with any driver version. Sgminer version is irrelevant here.

I can add the information that I had this problem with pregenerated bins: if I compile them myself, they work.

I am mining on Ubuntu 14.04 Linux, AMD 14.7 drivers, 6x 280X, and the slot 0 card fails in less than 10 minutes.  AMD 14.7 drivers for Linux were reputed to be the best and fastest.  I replaced the card with a new one and had the same result.

The last time I had a stable sgminer build was pre-November '14 and the accompanying Neoscrypt craze.  The latest Linux sgminer binaries give the same results; card 0 dies.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Any clues?

It was only the wind.
wolf, if you don't share your bin optimized, you can just shut the fuck up..
we don't care of your bragging..
LOL

Some do, namely, the people who buy it.
Activity: 2
Any clues?

Activity: 2
Any clues?
Any updates or fixes?  I'm having the exact same issue.  Thanks!
It was only the wind.
He just said it was all rejects - I've got 500kh/s on 280X working, but just barely.

You newb's, I tell ya..  Barely working at 500, sheesh, can't even put out the effort to get it stable...  Wink

Haha, it is stable. Just barely over 500  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Hi, sorry for this noob question but ten months I didn't try mining, I forget many things. I have three 280 TRIX, I downloaded sgminer v5 for window but unable to write properly the .bat to mine DigiByte groestl on hub pool. Can someone help please ?

Try this update version of SGminer 5.1.1. Precompiled for Windows

http://cryptomining-blog.com/4535-updated-windows-binary-of-sgminer-5-1-1-with-fixed-lyra2re-support/

You are better off using Configuration file.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
Hi, sorry for this noob question but ten months I didn't try mining, I forget many things. I have three 280 TRIX, I downloaded sgminer v5 for window but unable to write properly the .bat to mine DigiByte groestl on hub pool. Can someone help please ?
It was only the wind.
Can somebody help me configure my R9 290 on Neoscrypt?

My R9 280x do about 515kh/s. While my R9 290 get only about 360? Can't be. On X11 the 290s do about 6900, which seems ok to me?

This is my config:
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.2.77,W:93.130.41.63",
"api-listen" : true,
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "4",
"gpu-engine" : "960,960,960",
"gpu-fan" : "67,67,70",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250,1250,1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "20,20,20",
"intensity" : "16",
"temp-target" : "85",
"temp-overheat" : "90",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
"shaders" : "2560,2560,2560",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"sharethreads" : "32,32,32",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"tcp-keepalive" : "30"
}

I'm using the 14.7RC Drivers. Stilt BIOS also installed. But somehow the cards wont gain much speed.

EDIT -- ok with lower Intensity (13 - similar to old scrypt configs) the Hashrate goes up to about 620. But somehow I'm getting R:100% ?

EDIT -- ok, it's been the version von SGminer I've been using. Updated to the latest provided by Nicehash. Rejecteds been the same problem to my r9 280Xs.. Been wondering why my hashrate was so high. With latest miner it's dramatically lower.. Sad

What is the version of miner you use? Where do you download it? It is very fast for 280x.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
New MinerControl pack available at Crypto Mining Blog for Yamp and Nicehash:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/4549-miner-control-1-6-4-pack-for-amd-radeon-r9-280x/

Adjust for you cards hashing output and put you wallet address in and remember to just add Wolf0's X11 (50% boost), X13 (50% boost) and X15 (25% boost) modded bins and make sure those 3 modded algos have 64 worksize.

Bins download from:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/

Using bigger worksize for qubit (128) and whirpool (256) get higher hash output on a R9 290 Smiley

You can donate to Crypto Mining Blog a few Litecoins or mBTC as Thank You for their hard work Wink
Pages:
Jump to: