Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 120. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 188
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 05:10:43 PM
Sia was always an incredible product.There is a good team behind it and they are developing and trying their best to give actual use case in blockchain projects
Activity: 35
January 18, 2018, 04:46:54 PM
I can't believe Sia has become such an incredible product. This started out a lot lower on the totem pole than I anticipated after seeing their initial company product and branding. Good team, great idea, good hold.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
January 18, 2018, 04:44:01 PM
I love the SIA project and the fact that they announced asics for the  network will only help grow the network and security. 
Activity: 21
January 18, 2018, 04:40:00 PM
guys you think Sia will skyrocket after the fork?

not necessarily. This fork is to fix the last bug they encountered during last fork. Let the product grow and attract more users to use sia network for storage.

Activity: 43
Merit: 5
January 18, 2018, 02:09:31 PM
guys you think Sia will skyrocket after the fork?
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
January 18, 2018, 01:15:26 PM
Another Upcoming SiaCoin ASIC, the DragonMint B52 Blake2b Miner

capable of 3.5 THS Blake2b mining

https://mycryptocurrencynews.online/?p=623

Winter is coming
damn my hardware will be obsolete with that kind of monster
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 18, 2018, 01:13:11 PM
As soon as the big mining companies build their mining farms they will take control of the mining hash power capacity which means individuals wanting to mine will no longer be able to compete. I posted this was going to happen on the forums as soon as the team announced they were going to launch ASIC's for siacoin. There are both advantages and disadvantages, with a big max supply of siacoin it's going to be a race to mine them all that's for sure while selling them off to pay for costs and upgrades, how this will affect host providers profits we don't know yet but this could spell disaster for the project itself without them its all over...

You are missing an important point. No matter how much hashrate is added to the network, the block time, the supply rate and the inflation rate remain exactly the same. The difficulty algorithm changes dynamically to adjust to the current hashrate in the network.

It doesn't matter if the amount of ASICs released are 10,000 or 10 millions or which is its distribution (home miners or a couple of huge farms): the coin supply and the inflation remains the same and can be predicted: https://www.siastats.info/supply_inflation.html
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 12:38:14 PM

Winter is coming
Activity: 32
January 18, 2018, 12:31:45 PM

Activity: 97
January 18, 2018, 12:16:37 PM
I mean I just bought some siacoin yesterday just because bitmain is making that new miner and I definitely think the price will go up. Look at dash look at ltc any coin that is mined with an asic has gone a lot higher. Especially a bitmain asic....

What's the magic of bitmain asics? Huh

No magic just the most popular and widely used mining machines so with that said once they release a miner MOST people buy them (the home miners as well as the big companies) so with all that new hashing power directed at whatever coin/algo they release a miner for it usually means that coin becomes that much popular raise in awareness = raise in price at least that's my thinking what do you guys think?

As soon as the big mining companies build their mining farms they will take control of the mining hash power capacity which means individuals wanting to mine will no longer be able to compete. I posted this was going to happen on the forums as soon as the team announced they were going to launch ASIC's for siacoin. There are both advantages and disadvantages, with a big max supply of siacoin it's going to be a race to mine them all that's for sure while selling them off to pay for costs and upgrades, how this will affect host providers profits we don't know yet but this could spell disaster for the project itself without them its all over...
Activity: 32
January 18, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
Hey nice i found this they are working with sia
First blockchain exit for Austria: Startup Minebox sold to New Zealand ClearCenter

https://minebox.io/

https://steemit.com/austria/@harimbadl/first-blockchain-exit-for-austria-startup-minebox-sold-to-new-zealand-clearcenter

Minebox NAS is smart data storage box that connects to peer-to-peer cloud storage network powered and secured by a blockchain.
Important files deserve a great storage and backup strategy to protect against unexpected hardware failure, natural disasters, accidental deletion or cyberattacks.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/minebox-siacoin/

The creators of the Minebox NAS storage with support for SIACoin (SC) have made available an online demo of the xOS interface that their devices apparently use, allowing users to get a feel on what to expect from the devices. Minebox is still running their limited pre-order of 200 units with 138 left to go, so you can still reserve yours if you are interested in the project and also want to support it. The sale is running a bit slow with some users not liking very much the higher price of the devices, but then again getting an NAS solution with the same HDDs for storage probably won’t be much different price wise and it will not have the features Minebox has.
Activity: 728
Merit: 255
January 18, 2018, 12:01:28 PM
I mean I just bought some siacoin yesterday just because bitmain is making that new miner and I definitely think the price will go up. Look at dash look at ltc any coin that is mined with an asic has gone a lot higher. Especially a bitmain asic....

No magic just the most popular and widely used mining machines so with that said once they release a miner MOST people buy them (the home miners as well as the big companies) so with all that new hashing power directed at whatever coin/algo they release a miner for it usually means that coin becomes that much popular raise in awareness = raise in price at least that's my thinking what do you guys think?
Activity: 512
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
January 18, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

Activity: 728
Merit: 255
January 18, 2018, 11:37:35 AM
Activity: 1204
Merit: 252
January 18, 2018, 10:10:22 AM
The charts are identical today.
Bitcoin will always dictate the alt coins so long as they are paired against it in the markets

https://imgur.com/a/jOkXK

Also agree, the altcoins walks according to the bitcoin, so if the btc goes up and it is very likely the Alts accompany.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 09:00:39 AM
It is sufficient to understand the project that it is fully functional and service provider though at limited numbers at this moment. When people miss to buy cheap or see things using own so-called ways then they speak whatever they want. Siacoin is looking good and doing fine its job.

how do you think at what level is their coin now?
Is it worth it to invest in the medium term? Is growth expected in the near future?
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
January 18, 2018, 07:19:49 AM
It is sufficient to understand the project that it is fully functional and service provider though at limited numbers at this moment. When people miss to buy cheap or see things using own so-called ways then they speak whatever they want. Siacoin is looking good and doing fine its job.
Activity: 205
January 18, 2018, 07:19:00 AM

I wonder if people are aware that Bitmain is releasing an A3 815Gh / s machine only for the Blake2b protocol so only for SIACOIN, if the miners will be paid only in SIACOIN so you can be sure that the price will go down below $ 0.04 First delivery of Asic A3 Bitmain expected in ..... 10 days Cheesy

sourcing : https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180116164357365a2ljX8gx06D3&utm_source=mass%20email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=a3-17012018

We are proud and happy to announce the release of the new Antminer A3, a new Antminer model for mining cryptocurrencies based on the hashing algorithm Blake(2b).

The Antminer A3 delivers a hashrate of 815GH/s (±5%) with a power efficiency of 1.56mJ/MH (+7%).

It is ready to order now and will ship within 10 working days from the time when the order payment is completely received by Bitmain

Basicaly you're saying: if you're mining SIA, switch to another cuz it wont be profitable for GPU miners anymore?

That was my impression. The new mining will increase difficulty which generally increases prices.  If miners are paid in Siacoin, then that should drive the price up, not down, right? This would increase demand.  I am buying SC on Bittrex now.

DASH is a good Example what a new Miner Generation will do to the Price mid/longterm.
It will go up not down.

Hello Rumhurius, did you still notice that the Circulating Supply is 7,825,164 DASH ---- DASH Max Supply is 18,900,000 DASH

That of the SIA is Circulating Supply 31,396,146,174 SC --- Max Supply more than 31 billion?!

There is a small huge difference  Shocked  Wink
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
January 18, 2018, 07:16:40 AM
Why ther are nuch people talking negative about sia ?  On twitter telegram etc  i like the idee of the project

Because they are idiots that don't do research and probably bought Sia when it had a high price and got burned. If they don't back up their claims with facts, ignore them.
Jump to: