Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 149. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
December 20, 2017, 10:10:07 AM
Hi

Some time back i downloaded sia wallet had a look at it and remove it again. Now i have bought some siacoin and want them in the wallet, but it ask for password that i dont have because i didn't have any use of it at that time. How do i fix this?

There is always a long password generated when you create your wallet, hopefully you have saved it somewhere.. have you ?

No i did not save it. Just had a look at it, to see how the wallet was. thought i could downloade it and open a new one, one's i decided  to buy siacoin. So is there a way i can make it forget my computer? Or can i use another computer to get a password and use that on my own?

If you didnt save the passphrase at the start of opening the wallet then there is no way to access those funds.

I dont have any funds there. I just download it that time to have a look at it. now i want to use it and send coin in to it. so there is no way i can open a new one on my computer?

There should be an option to generate password/backup the wallet once youre inside. Do you see those options?

I cant find where to generate new password or wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
December 20, 2017, 09:43:45 AM
Hi

Some time back i downloaded sia wallet had a look at it and remove it again. Now i have bought some siacoin and want them in the wallet, but it ask for password that i dont have because i didn't have any use of it at that time. How do i fix this?

There is always a long password generated when you create your wallet, hopefully you have saved it somewhere.. have you ?

No i did not save it. Just had a look at it, to see how the wallet was. thought i could downloade it and open a new one, one's i decided  to buy siacoin. So is there a way i can make it forget my computer? Or can i use another computer to get a password and use that on my own?

If you didnt save the passphrase at the start of opening the wallet then there is no way to access those funds.

I dont have any funds there. I just download it that time to have a look at it. now i want to use it and send coin in to it. so there is no way i can open a new one on my computer?

There should be an option to generate password/backup the wallet once youre inside. Do you see those options?
legendary
December 20, 2017, 09:20:02 AM
Hi

legendary
December 20, 2017, 08:52:03 AM
Hi

December 20, 2017, 06:00:34 AM
Hi

Activity: 206
Merit: 20
December 20, 2017, 05:30:09 AM
Hi

December 20, 2017, 04:38:11 AM
Hi

Activity: 76
December 20, 2017, 12:42:20 AM
I read this new:

24- December SC 1.3.1 release
         1.3.1 General Availability (public release) is expected next week.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 07:41:15 PM
Hello Again.

Can any Dev reach HITBTC.com?

They have frozen all SIA deposit and withdrawals since more than 10 days ago and they do not reply in requests!

They dont even let you trade those you have in your main account!

can anyone suggest a dev active on bitcointalk.org that I can PM for this HitBTC matter?

Actually, I have experienced this "wallet maintainance" thing with many exchanges and with many coins by now. I always wonder whats the deal with it. Most likely the exchanges are pursuing some sort of interest when they are putting deposits and withdrawals at a hold for a particular coin. With SIA I have experienced this quite a few times on Bittrex.
Hope that you will be able to access your SIA again soon an HitBTC. I must admit that I avoid this exchange whenever I can, read too many scary stories about it.
Activity: 44
December 19, 2017, 04:09:09 PM
they have annoucment at 24.December that they realese 1.3.1. , anyone know something about this? anything ?
http://coinmarketcal.com/?page=5
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
December 19, 2017, 02:47:11 PM
Hello Again.

They have frozen all SIA deposit and withdrawals since more than 10 days ago and they do not reply in requests!

can anyone suggest a dev active on bitcointalk.org that I can PM for this HitBTC matter?

No devs of Sia are active on Bitcointalk as this is not an official channel. To directly communicate with them use the Discord or also the Reddit.

As far as I know, devs are aware of issues with some exchanges and they are working with them, specially with Bittrex

Hello Hakkane, how can I make a backup of my host?
I have a Raid 1 server with 4x1,5 TB. if one day 2 hard drives break at the same time, all data will be lost.
Can I then simply replace the 2 broken disks or will i loose all collateral.
THX

LOL, I just answered you in Reddit  Cheesy I'll just add three details:

- Yes, if you have a total data loss, you'll lose the risked collateral

- While you can use backup tools to back your hosted data, I think RAID redundancy is enough for the task, and using an external disk to backup a RAID-1 array is probably a waste of resources (3 HDDs to keep the data equivalent to 1 disk is just too paranoid). Instead I would use other redundancy schemes as I told you in Reddit: RAID-5/6 or RAID-Z/Z2

- What I definitely recommend you to buck up daily (or even twice per day) is your Sia installatation and the external folders of Sia (in Windows located in %appdata%). Those are just a few GBs and if Sia gets corrupted and you don't have backups, you'll lose the whole hosting operation because the host database get corrupted. As I run Wndows Server, the native tool is enough for me.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
December 19, 2017, 12:58:29 PM
Hello Again.

Activity: 32
December 19, 2017, 11:57:01 AM
Hello Hakkane, how can I make a backup of my host?
I have a Raid 1 server with 4x1,5 TB. if one day 2 hard drives break at the same time, all data will be lost.
Can I then simply replace the 2 broken disks or will i loose all collateral.
THX
Activity: 72
December 19, 2017, 10:53:03 AM
Hello Again.

copper member
Activity: 623
Merit: 22
December 19, 2017, 07:50:42 AM
Hello Sia Team!

Does anyone of your team deal with legal aspects of Personal Data collection?
I'd like to wonder about one point.
Activity: 97
December 19, 2017, 07:37:05 AM
is there any sia mining calculator for ROI ?
also what about obelisk miner? any update so far?

Yes
https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
December 19, 2017, 06:44:27 AM
is there any sia mining calculator for ROI ?
also what about obelisk miner? any update so far?
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
December 18, 2017, 05:25:06 PM
Looks like you know a lot about Sia, are you a community manager?
I was wondering where I can get a full instruction how to mine Sia, I think it has great potential and would like to understand how to mine it, maybe you can recommend with what and how should I start? Thanks

No, I am not related to Nebulous, the company of Sia developers. I am a moderator of the official Discord and an independent developer (the author and owner of https://siastats.info). And of course an enthusiast of Sia too  Cool

Sure thing: another relevant contributor of Sia made this awesome guide about how to start mining Sia in Windows: https://mtlynch.io/windows-sia-mining/

I just checked because I wanted to know if it was under ICO price, maybe I would invest in this coin, but it has an almost half a billion marketcap, so you couldn't be doing too  bad I guess.

Take in mind Siacoin never had an ICO, it is a coin mined by PoW. The developers only pre-mined the first 100 blocks (less than one day of pre-mining). So it is coin that was fairly launched, like every good coin should be...
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
December 18, 2017, 03:50:41 PM
guys i think that SIA must rocket soon . what do u think Huh thx  Huh

I would be a very happy man if we can get back to the 300 sat range.

I just checked because I wanted to know if it was under ICO price, maybe I would invest in this coin, but it has an almost half a billion marketcap, so you couldn't be doing too  bad I guess.
Jump to: