Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 151. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
December 17, 2017, 07:36:53 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 107
December 17, 2017, 02:16:58 AM
Is SIACOIN pumping right now?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
December 16, 2017, 10:22:05 PM
1600 contract and 50000 sia coin went to fork cause the new version will not load after I upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1  Says it encounters a fatal error and then hangs with error messages. \

Check this post for solving those issues: https://blog.sia.tech/troubleshooting-the-recent-hardfork-ca77e0b17f0f

BTW, coins are never lost because of a wallet issue. This is a blockchain: coins do not live in wallets, but in the blockchain, and as long as you keep the recovery seed, you'll have access to your funds
Thanks for the link!!  
I was/am mostly concerned about the contracts I have built up, and the hosting service.  It it took me forever to get up to volume of hosting contracts.  Any idea what the time frame is before host defaults and looses the collateral due to server MIA.  

NP! Yes, you are required an uptime of 97%. Even if you have 2-3 days of downtime every 3 months, you are still good.

I am concerned that as you have not updated your client since last week when the hardfork took place, you might have lost some storage proofs, and so some contracts might be failing... Nevertheless the reputation of your host as observed by the renters should be good as even if your host was outdated and forked out, your data was available.

But try to restart your host as soon as possible: delete the consensus and sync your client again. If you are using a HDD for the installation instead of an SSD, consider bootstrapping to save time: https://siawiki.tech/daemon/bootstrapping_the_blockchain

And if you find problems not being able to sync the last blocks, try this fix: http://siastats.info/nodes.html

so deleting the consensus got the wallet out of the error mode, it has been stuck on block 82960 for the last couple of hours.  I added at least 10 gateway connect addresses from the link above...  nothing... think I will look into the bootstrap above.  I did see references to deleting the  transactionpool.db, am considering adding that step, if delete consensus and then bootstrap doesn't work out.  will see.
Activity: 22
December 16, 2017, 08:14:22 PM
the volume is increasing, is there any particular news for this?
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
December 16, 2017, 06:33:08 PM
1600 contract and 50000 sia coin went to fork cause the new version will not load after I upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1  Says it encounters a fatal error and then hangs with error messages. \

Check this post for solving those issues: https://blog.sia.tech/troubleshooting-the-recent-hardfork-ca77e0b17f0f

BTW, coins are never lost because of a wallet issue. This is a blockchain: coins do not live in wallets, but in the blockchain, and as long as you keep the recovery seed, you'll have access to your funds
Thanks for the link!!  
I was/am mostly concerned about the contracts I have built up, and the hosting service.  It it took me forever to get up to volume of hosting contracts.  Any idea what the time frame is before host defaults and looses the collateral due to server MIA.  

NP! Yes, you are required an uptime of 97%. Even if you have 2-3 days of downtime every 3 months, you are still good.

I am concerned that as you have not updated your client since last week when the hardfork took place, you might have lost some storage proofs, and so some contracts might be failing... Nevertheless the reputation of your host as observed by the renters should be good as even if your host was outdated and forked out, your data was available.

But try to restart your host as soon as possible: delete the consensus and sync your client again. If you are using a HDD for the installation instead of an SSD, consider bootstrapping to save time: https://siawiki.tech/daemon/bootstrapping_the_blockchain

And if you find problems not being able to sync the last blocks, try this fix: http://siastats.info/nodes.html

December 16, 2017, 05:26:29 PM

Thanks for the link!! 
I was/am mostly concerned about the contracts I have built up, and the hosting service.  It it took me forever to get up to volume of hosting contracts.  Any idea what the time frame is before host defaults and looses the collateral due to server MIA. 
December 16, 2017, 01:10:29 PM
Error message read the following:  do not see this type of error on the blog with link above.
Will try dropping the Consensu.db and reloading.  I was late to update so maybe I am stuck on a fork.
what do I need to delete to reload the blockchain but keep my wallet keys?

A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error log: Loading...
(0/6) Loading siad...
(1/6) Loading gateway...
(2/6) Loading consensus...
Closing gateway...
difficulty adjustment hardfork incompatibility detected

That error is one of the described in that link. Close Sia completely (in Windows, clock close on "Close" on the system try icon), delete the consensus folder, open Sia again and let the client to sync the blockchain again.

By this way you are just deleting the blockchain. Your recovery seed will be always good to recover your funds. In this or in any other computer
December 16, 2017, 01:04:41 PM
Update: deleteing the files in the consensus folder allowed the blockchain to reload and looks to solve my issue... well we will see, downloading the chain again...

Error message was reading the following:  do not see this type of error on the blog with link above.
Will try dropping the Consensu.db and reloading.  I was late to update so maybe I am stuck on a fork.
what do I need to delete to reload the blockchain but keep my wallet keys?

A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error log: Loading...
(0/6) Loading siad...
(1/6) Loading gateway...
(2/6) Loading consensus...
Closing gateway...
difficulty adjustment hardfork incompatibility detected
December 16, 2017, 12:47:20 PM
1600 contract and 50000 sia coin went to shit cause the new version will not load after I upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1  Says it encounters a fatal error and then hangs with error messages.  So bumbed, what a letdown.

December 16, 2017, 12:04:33 PM
1600 contract and 50000 siacoin went to fork cause the new version will not load after I upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1  Says it encounters a fatal error and then hangs with error messages.  
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized
December 16, 2017, 11:47:33 AM
Something recently, our speculators do not favor our coin. I do not even know if she has any prospects? Is this coin undervalued?
December 16, 2017, 11:32:15 AM
What will happen to mining difficulty? Does anyone know?

In the last hardfork of last week a change in the Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm was introduced to correct the difficulty every block instead of every 3-4 days. However there is a bug that is targeting to 30 minutes blocks instead of the usual 10 minutes, what is making the difficulty to be 3x what it should be.

In the upcoming 1.3.1 version (currently in beta-testing, general release next week) a new hardfork will be introduced at block 139000 (in about 6 weeks) to correct this bug in the DAA and return the difficulty and the block time to normal values.
Activity: 219
Merit: 15
December 16, 2017, 09:39:38 AM
people did not realise that siacoin is not only a project... it's a working product that soon will explode.
Well they need to make it perfect for mass adoption, or it will become useless

too many coins around and ppl are getting lost before finding those that are right for them
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
December 16, 2017, 08:29:21 AM
What will happen to mining difficulty? Does anyone know?
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
December 15, 2017, 11:30:55 PM
people did not realise that siacoin is not only a project... it's a working product that soon will explode.
Well they need to make it perfect for mass adoption, or it will become useless
Activity: 86
December 15, 2017, 06:18:55 PM
It seems your project is quite interesting enough to read Smiley Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
December 15, 2017, 06:04:41 PM
Glad to see the price of SIA coin also back on track the last few week, it was really getting ridiculously low.
Activity: 20
December 15, 2017, 03:25:05 PM
guys, my wallet 1.3.0 wan't sync??
what can  I  do?

Hey @pinhead77, check this tool to recover connectivity: https://www.siastats.info/nodes.html Some of the commands may fail if those nodes do not accept more connections, but keep trying adding more nodes until you connect successfully to 2 or 3. If you refresh the page or click on the button, more peers will be shown. So far everybody with this issue has recovered the connectivity with this fix

Hi, I tried to connect to this nodes, but recieve only refuse mesages. Do I need to keep copy and paste them more than once? Is there more nodes I can reach? I have a lot of sia in my wallet, i'm very upset with that issue...

No just try each node once. Keep trying more nodes. The website has a database of 30 different nodes and will show you 5 random each time, so just keep adding more nodes and refresh the page if you tested 5 already
Many thanks, mate! I managed to connect to 3 nodes and now my wallet goes synchronizing!
December 15, 2017, 03:07:51 PM
what can  I  do?

Hey @pinhead77, check this tool to recover connectivity: https://www.siastats.info/nodes.html Some of the commands may fail if those nodes do not accept more connections, but keep trying adding more nodes until you connect successfully to 2 or 3. If you refresh the page or click on the button, more peers will be shown. So far everybody with this issue has recovered the connectivity with this fix

Hi, I tried to connect to this nodes, but recieve only refuse mesages. Do I need to keep copy and paste them more than once? Is there more nodes I can reach? I have a lot of sia in my wallet, i'm very upset with that issue...

No just try each node once. Keep trying more nodes. The website has a database of 30 different nodes and will show you 5 random each time, so just keep adding more nodes and refresh the page if you tested 5 already
Activity: 20
December 15, 2017, 02:59:34 PM
what can  I  do?

Jump to: