Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 179. (Read 1382196 times)

wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
November 03, 2017, 07:51:20 PM
any plans for coin burn soon?

When a host misses the uptime requirement of about 97%, its collateral is currently being burnt. Additionally, in a future update Proof of Burn mechanics will be introduced for hosts: they'll have to burn a part of their profits for proving they are legit (and so avoiding Sybil attacks).

It is not possible to predict how many coins will be burnt, as it will depend on how much storage space is being used. But if the network usage is big enough, PoB could counteract the mining coin supply and make Siacoin deflationary.

when will it work? How sia valuation for 2 satoshi be? Investors are concerned about what is going on around the project
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
November 03, 2017, 07:11:00 PM

When a host misses the uptime requirement of about 97%, its collateral is currently being burnt. Additionally, in a future update Proof of Burn mechanics will be introduced for hosts: they'll have to burn a part of their profits for proving they are legit (and so avoiding Sybil attacks).

It is not possible to predict how many coins will be burnt, as it will depend on how much storage space is being used. But if the network usage is big enough, PoB could counteract the mining coin supply and make Siacoin deflationary.
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
November 03, 2017, 06:15:27 PM
sia is the biggest ****coin the last few months, whether btc up or down. Sia falls and falls, very sad that I bought this project Sad

burn probably the price Shocked
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
November 03, 2017, 05:19:17 PM
this coin is like a dry tree slowly to death. there are still many better coins than this, think before it's too late.

Almost 5x growth in the number of file contracts in the last 6 months. Source: https://www.siastats.info/active_contracts.html

If Sia is dead, then it looks like the corpse is making a lot of noise!. Some people would even say there is a party inside the coffin  Smiley

Hahaha xD Sia is growing in all ways, except the price 

but seriously the no of contracts should go elliptical and then SC would boom, still holding onto a ton of it mined

well not a ton in btc but a ton in sia haha

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
November 03, 2017, 03:06:28 PM
this coin is like a dry tree slowly to death. there are still many better coins than this, think before it's too late.

Almost 5x growth in the number of file contracts in the last 6 months. Source: https://www.siastats.info/active_contracts.html

If Sia is dead, then it looks like the corpse is making a lot of noise!. Some people would even say there is a party inside the coffin  Smiley
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
November 03, 2017, 01:34:13 PM
Activity: 691
Merit: 500
November 03, 2017, 01:10:23 PM
When start trading on Binance?
Activity: 154
November 03, 2017, 11:57:05 AM
Sia is probably No.1 when you look at coins that lost most of the price value.

Sad, nice project though.

Will y'all quit talking about the damn price drop. Either sell and move on or hold. We all know the price has dropped. Every other post doesn't have to keep saying the same shit over and over!

You are right sir, but the price droped a lot.
Activity: 1299
Merit: 502
November 03, 2017, 11:21:04 AM

Will y'all quit talking about the damn price drop. Either sell and move on or hold. We all know the price has dropped. Every other post doesn't have to keep saying the same shit over and over!
Activity: 154
November 03, 2017, 11:04:06 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 07:56:58 AM
Do you provide any pool for help in translating?
Activity: 53
November 03, 2017, 06:59:10 AM
Not bad guys. I am in
Activity: 21
November 03, 2017, 06:22:59 AM
Is there any Slack/Telegram group to talk with the dev easily???
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
November 03, 2017, 05:35:29 AM
Hello Sia Community!

we are getting a lot of new users every day, and they would appreciate your honest opinions and experiences about Sia at REVEX.CO/SiaCoin

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 78
November 03, 2017, 12:27:58 AM
I agree siacoin down to 10-20 sat.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
November 02, 2017, 11:46:50 AM
will buy sia back @10-20 satoshi Cool #rats bailing ship >> all into btc Smiley weee
Activity: 513
Merit: 150
November 02, 2017, 11:35:11 AM
I know I'm a newbie, But don't people realize the reason that Sia is down is because everyone is putting there money into BTC for the Segwit2x Once Nov. 16th hits everyone will buy back into whatever Alt coins they like. I believe in Sia and will hold it for a long time. Everything is at an all time low right now. Be patient it will go back to normal in a couple wks.

I agree with you, its a good project, but at the moment it does not really matter, when you look at all the charts. I just checked the roadmap on their homepage, a lot of releases announced for approx. nov, so hopefully they come closely after btc fork.
https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
Activity: 45
November 02, 2017, 09:05:51 AM
I know I'm a newbie, But don't people realize the reason that Sia is down is because everyone is putting there money into BTC for the Segwit2x Once Nov. 16th hits everyone will buy back into whatever Alt coins they like. I believe in Sia and will hold it for a long time. Everything is at an all time low right now. Be patient it will go back to normal in a couple wks.
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
November 02, 2017, 05:13:30 AM
No wonder they are bad, I also record a very big loss. It is currently the largest shitcoin with medium volmen, the bounce are immediately strangled by the large supply  Undecided Undecided Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
November 02, 2017, 05:13:12 AM
RNDR + Sia
Announcing a partnership linking decentralized rendering and decentralized storage

Dear RNDR Community,
We are pleased to announce an official partnership with Sia to bring their decentralized storage platform to the RNDR network as we roll out development and our roadmap over the next six months.
As RNDR scales, there will be a need for storage in order to distribute and process the load of jobs that will go back and forth on the network. And because RNDR requires dynamic uptime, decentralized solutions are the only practical solution to meet the demand.
By utilizing Sia’s already built out infrastructure, we are able to store various pieces of the RNDR task on many secure nodes across the globe. Doing this gives us a significant advantage over any centralized solution, as it gives us near-constant uptime and removes single solution risk. The result: significantly lower access costs with performance that can rival and ultimately surpass traditional CDN solutions.
The Sia partnership is the first of an entire ecosystem of partnerships that will form the RNDR economy — it is also one of the most important. With over 70,000 file contracts and 300TB of data on their platform across six continents, Sia’s credibility is unmatched and proves that blockchain solutions are delivering on their promise today.
This integration will be built into Phase 2 beta and Phase 3 launch of our peer-to-peer platform, providing the decentralized data solution that we need in order to scale and sustain growth in our RNDR network.
David Vorick, co-founder of Sia, sees the potential for decentralized rendering integrating with Sia:
“The past decade has seen the emergence of numerous disruptive marketplaces, and the product being built at RNDR is bringing that same power to the rendering industry. At Sia, we’re honored to be able to assist RNDR with their goals by providing a storage solution for the projects and renderings that move through the RNDR network.
Jules Urbach, co-founder and CEO of OTOY, comments on the potential of decentralized rendering with Sia storage:
“The RNDR partnership with Sia will provide low-latency storage for our users within 50 milliseconds of every major city in the world at nearly 1/100 of the price. Our combination of rendering and storage is a complete solution that far surpasses any centralized graphics pipeline at a price point that will make the future of media possible.”

https://medium.com/@rendertoken/rndr-sia-edc39df03c31

Jump to: