Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 182. (Read 1382196 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 281
October 30, 2017, 03:05:56 AM
Is Siacoin ready to compete with Filecoin? Is it possible to compare them? I'll start buying Siacoin, I believe in this technology.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
October 30, 2017, 02:37:45 AM
How long will this miner's sale run?

Not sure, they will not dump until the price is 10 sat, I want to get more cheap sia
Getting more cheaper SIAs? Are you serious? I dont think it is a good idea. SIA seems to be abandoned by the team of developers.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
October 30, 2017, 02:36:40 AM

Not sure, they will not dump until the price is 10 sat, I want to get more cheap sia
Activity: 203
Merit: 11
October 30, 2017, 02:34:18 AM
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
October 30, 2017, 02:24:40 AM
Has the coin been dead? Has the team of developers abandoned the project? Has anyone really used/ experienced services of Sia project? I have lots of question about the reality of the project.
all information is just a lie, clearly visible siacoin can no longer grow like a tree and experience death.
it might be one of the biggest scam coins. good luck, dude

Please guys, do the community of cryptos the favor of reading a bit more about a coin before making so bold assertions, or you could be called FUDsters all across the boards of bitcointalk for trying to spread some lies without any proof supporing you

Siacoin and the Sia network are working and healthy: Only yesterday 811 new contracts were formed for 2TB of new data stored on the network: https://siastats.info/new_contracts.html.

14414 new transactions on the  network yesterday: https://siastats.info/transactions.html

Yesterday we reached a new yearly record of active contracts, with a total of 71472 https://siastats.info/active_contracts.html

6 Pull Requests have been merged to the main code on the last 7 days: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/pulse . 24 merged Pull Requests and 90 closed Issues in the last month. This public progress report was made by the CEO of Nebulous and Core developer David Vorik 4 days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/78nr20/development_and_progress_update/

"Has anyone used the services of SIa project" you ask, @savetytdpbl? With more than 95TB of storage usage, 3.2PetaBytes of offered storage (https://siastats.info/hosts_network.html) and more than 300TB of used storage in the history of Sia (https://siastats.info/total_contracts.html), I would say: Obviously yes, and very successfully so far

So please guys, don't do this thing again. It is not cool making that kind of statements that can be proven false in less than 1 minute with one quick search at the available resources for the Sia community

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 01:32:41 AM
Has the coin been dead? Has the team of developers abandoned the project? Has anyone really used/ experienced services of Sia project? I have lots of question about the reality of the project.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 01:12:06 AM
all information is just a lie, clearly visible siacoin can no longer grow like a tree and experience death.
Activity: 716
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 07:46:53 PM
What goes up must come down and vice versa. Have to be patient sia has been around for awhile and there's people still holding.
Activity: 36
Merit: 1
October 29, 2017, 03:29:23 PM
I hope Sia is gonna bounce. Still holding
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
October 29, 2017, 03:20:04 PM
Siacoin is dead, no good

Simply sell, and go away then, but I suspect you will be crying in 2 - 3 years. Because while the price has declined the project is going ahead with very active development from a very excellent development team. I am in SIA because I think it is important to own the blockchain storage protocol to be.
Activity: 392
Merit: 211
October 29, 2017, 02:03:22 PM
Siacoin is dead, no good

Never fear...... if Sia is dead (which I don't believe), Sia will be reborn. Count on it!! Smiley

I agree, SiaCoin is booming.
I think you have to do some research before making claims that are incorrect.
Activity: 104
October 29, 2017, 01:45:46 PM
If you can afford to buy more like me at these price then it is perfect chance to reduce the cost of coins. Siacoin is going anywhere and will make come back one can understand after watching total volume that this disappointment is temporary. Some are buying while others are leaving the boat at this decisive moment.
Now this is a great suggestion. I don't know why but I still want to trust in this coin.
October 29, 2017, 01:41:29 PM
This is not the only coin that people mine it's the story of every coin. Look at the supply chart one year will generate 7-9b coins? What do you think will happen when all these new coins comes in market? I know company will progress right?

I think you are still confusing what "the company" and "the network" are. Siacoins are the instrument for paying storage contracts on the Sia network. And Siacoin is a mined coin, what means that you are not buying the new coins to Nebulous ("the company" of the devs), but to a miner. The inflation of the coin is the mechanism to provide miners an incentive to keep securing the blockchain. In other words, Nebulous Inc does not take any benefit from the inflation. Moreover, Sia was not a premined coin by the devs.

The instrument that incentivizes the developers to keep working on Sia are the SiaFunds, the second asset of the network, that pays their holders a proportional part of the 3.9% of fees on every file contract formed on the network. Thus, developers get profit only if the cloud storage network of Sia gains massive adoption. And if that happens, the value of Sia will rise too, in order to accommodate all the demand of Sia storage, that can be paid only with Siacoins. So as you see, the interests of developers ("the company") and investors are aligned.

Thanks Hakkane for your time and effort explaining, I think I was upset because of my lose. I know about Sia network that was the only thing that attracted me to this coin.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
October 29, 2017, 01:39:55 PM
If you can afford to buy more like me at these price then it is perfect chance to reduce the cost of coins. Siacoin is going anywhere and will make come back one can understand after watching total volume that this disappointment is temporary. Some are buying while others are leaving the boat at this decisive moment.
October 29, 2017, 01:36:14 PM
This is not the only coin that people mine it's the story of every coin. Look at the supply chart one year will generate 7-9b coins? What do you think will happen when all these new coins comes in market? I know company will progress right?

I think you are still confusing what "the company" and "the network" are. Siacoins are the instrument for paying storage contracts on the Sia network. And Siacoin is a mined coin, what means that you are not buying the new coins to Nebulous ("the company" of the devs), but to a miner. The inflation of the coin is the mechanism to provide miners an incentive to keep securing the blockchain. In other words, Nebulous Inc does not take any benefit from the inflation. Moreover, Sia was not a premined coin by the devs.

The instrument that incentivizes the developers to keep working on Sia are the SiaFunds, the second asset of the network, that pays their holders a proportional part of the 3.9% of fees on every file contract formed on the network. Thus, developers get profit only if the cloud storage network of Sia gains massive adoption. And if that happens, the value of Sia will rise too, in order to accommodate all the demand of Sia storage, that can be paid only with Siacoins. So as you see, the interests of developers ("the company") and investors are aligned.

Very good explanation. I was never interested in mining, maybe you can enlighten me, in case I have Siacoins is it possible to do POS mining? Or it is only POW? I will appreciate if you could provide me with some links for "beginners" as I'm totally zero in this. Thanks

It's just speculation about technology, the truth is bad. sc was the worst reflection of recent weeks. Personally I am very disappointed with the purchase of sia coins. Supply is high, possibly due to high inflation?   Sad Sad Sad

You are not alone, I'm on the same boat with 85% lose. I think I trusted so so much because of unique tech project. Anyways let's hope it will recover some day.
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
October 29, 2017, 12:28:44 PM

Very good explanation. I was never interested in mining, maybe you can enlighten me, in case I have Siacoins is it possible to do POS mining? Or it is only POW? I will appreciate if you could provide me with some links for "beginners" as I'm totally zero in this. Thanks

It's just speculation about technology, the truth is bad. sc was the worst reflection of recent weeks. Personally I am very disappointed with the purchase of sia coins. Supply is high, possibly due to high inflation?   Sad Sad Sad
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 11:49:22 AM

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
October 29, 2017, 11:38:59 AM

October 29, 2017, 03:50:49 AM
As an investor it doesn't help me you know, if company is growing and me as investor is sinking. BTW what growth you are talking about? was it all about twitter/facebook/reddit? and some xyz joining the company Huh. How someone can justify company growth when price is sinking?

In the end it is all about the price.

Is not the growth of the "company" (Nebulous Inc, the company of the developers) what those graphs mentioned by the other user are talking about, but the organic growth of the Sia network. Price charts of coins are totally unrelated to the status of a network or project, and this is specially true for Sia, where the price can be going down but every other network health indicator goes in the opposite direction. Price charts only represent the mood of investors.

Wall Street investors don't make decisions based exclusively on the price charts: they check quarter reports, figures of internal growth, international expansion, operational milestones... Good investors will buy when everybody else is selling because the have access to more information. Crypto investors should be doing the same thing and get more information than just the price charts of the exchanges.

For whoever is interested in these other indicators about the Sia network, I own the website https://siastats.info . I am an independent developer not related to Nebulous. Check charts like active contracts, total contracts, transactions, used storage... all of them show a grow in the use of Sia and a healthy network. Check also the monthly community updates and tri-annual updates on the Sia official blog.

How is sia progressing, seems to have gorn very very quite. anyone know if the github is active or if they have one?

Just google "Sia GitHub" ad you'll find it. Quiet? Absolutely no. For instance, check this development report from yesterday https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/78nr20/development_and_progress_update/

I get it. BTW if company is doing really that great Huh Then where is this "Street Investor" ? Why company has to make an announcement after day or 2?? saying they r doing good n bla bla "Top" members of company is also seeing it going down.

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 10:41:34 PM
Is it possible to earn SIA by sharing diskspace to the network?
Yes, but you can’t make sc by renting out 100 GB on a pc that’s on and off. There is an algorithm that lets renters know how stable your equipment is (online time), and penalty for low available disk space.

So if I have a VPS with 1TB I could make some money? Or isn't it worth the trouble?
There is a 3TB minimum free space penalty, so you wouldn't be getting very far. This is to ensure hosts can store large amounts of data.

Siacoin is dead, no good
And you determined this how? By the fact that they recently hired a new dev, passed a storage milestone, and a new version is slated for release next month? Yep, sounds like a dead product to me!

Siacoin is very strong and keep being top 100 since last year. I have bought siacoin at 20 sat and now I am still holding it, I hope I would earn more money if Sia has new releases, maybe next price will be 200 sat again.

There already 1.3.1 hosts on the network testing. https://siahub.info/network

i saw this morning that i can buy a "Minebox siacoin" for around 1750 dollar but still not know if it could give some ROI , does anyone know how many sia i can mine with this (asic ?)
Code:
Specification Minebox 8TB Minebox 16TB
HP Model HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T
HP Model version 819185-001 819185-001
Processor Intel® Celeron® G1610T 2.4GHz Intel® Celeron® G1610T 2.4GHz
Processor cores 2 cores 2 cores
Cache Memory 2MB (1x2MB) L3 cache 2MB (1x2MB) L3 cache
Memory 4GB (1x4GB) PC3L-128000E DDR3 UDIMM 8GB (2x4GB) PC3L-128000E DDR3 UDIMM
Network controller HPE Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter HPE Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter
Storage controller HPE Dynamic Smart Array B129i Controller HPE Dynamic Smart Array B129i Controller
Hard Drive 2x Seagate IronWolf 4TB 2x Seagate IronWolf 8TB
Internal storage 4 LFF NHP-SATA HDD CAGE 4 LFF NHP-SATA HDD CAGE
PCI-Express slots 1 standard (1-Low Profile) PCIe 2.0 1 standard (1-Low Profile) PCIe 2.0
Power supply 150W 150W
Fans One (1) Non-redundant system fan ships standard One (1) Non-redundant system fan ships standard
Operating System Minebox OS 1.0? Minebox OS 1.0?
Form factor Ultra Micro Tower Ultra Micro Tower
Warranty 1-year parts 1-year parts
Size 229.7 x 232.4 x 245.1 mm 229.7 x 232.4 x 245.1 mm[code/]

that was top secret insider info now we will fly to 300x500 Cool #why did you do that? Wink weeee

If you want a SIA ASIC, buy the real thing: https://obelisk.tech/

This is the official (and only) SIA ASIC miner. Due to start shipping in June based on current development status.
i am interested but how about the price ?

$2500 Join the #obelisk channel on https://discord.gg/sia for more info
Jump to: