Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 203. (Read 1382196 times)

Activity: 682
Merit: 540
September 14, 2017, 10:06:45 AM
I heard from some one respectable that Nebulous takes some profits from the hosts, is this true? I can't find anything immediate on it tho.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
September 14, 2017, 09:14:30 AM
Unfortunately it is not working. There is no second consensus folder in the installation folder and the consensus folder from appdata also doesn't move to my installation folder after completing the syncing. Would be thankful for other suggestions.

The other consensus folder is inside where you installed Sia, in the following path: \Sia\resources\app\Sia\consensus

If you are using version 1.3, The actual blockchain (7.3Gb) is stored there instead of %appdata%. Try to do the bootstrapping there

Alternatively, if you need to run Sia exclusively on a different drive without using %appdata% folders, even just for temporal drives, you can download the Daemon instead of the UI from Sia's webpage, and it will run exclusively locally on the folder you uncompress the zip file. But you will only be able to use Sia in a command line interface, not using a UI
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 14, 2017, 05:54:30 AM
The blockchain is is inside %Appdata% (/users/your_user/appdata/roaming/Sia-UI). I deleted it and updated to 1.3. But it still tries to download the blockchain on my SSD dist. What can I do?

There is a second consensus folder located inside the installation folder. If I am not wrong, in version 1.3 the raw blocks are first downloaded to the %appdata% folder, and once they are validated they are moved to the consensus folder of the installation. Once the sync is complete, you will end up with a very small %appdata% folder.

If you want to accelerate the sync, do bootstrapping (https://siawiki.tech/daemon/bootstrapping_the_blockchain) the canonical way is downloading the file to %appdata%, but I have seen people downloading it directly to the installation folder. You could try either way

Unfortunately it is not working. There is no second consensus folder in the installation folder and the consensus folder from appdata also doesn't move to my installation folder after completing the syncing. Would be thankful for other suggestions.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
September 14, 2017, 05:23:53 AM
Sia my love. Just burn half of the supply and everything will be ok  Wink

Everything is under circulation so supply is not a problem. I don't know about the miners though if they are earning fast. All we need to do is wait for Sia's turn to get pump. But nice updates would be nice.  Grin

till the end of the year it will be a new user friendly gui for the wallet  
Activity: 594
Merit: 253
September 14, 2017, 04:01:01 AM
Sia my love. Just burn half of the supply and everything will be ok  Wink

Everything is under circulation so supply is not a problem. I don't know about the miners though if they are earning fast. All we need to do is wait for Sia's turn to get pump. But nice updates would be nice.  Grin
Activity: 918
Merit: 1001
September 13, 2017, 10:39:25 PM
Sia my love. Just burn half of the supply and everything will be ok  Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
September 13, 2017, 10:36:42 PM
Sia is now close to dead. if there is nothing new within a few days we will go to $0
Sia had a tremendous growth in the past few months and some whales might have manipulated it to some pump prices.
The tech is solid and the price is 5X than it was around  4 or 5 months back. Why are you still complaining?

Some people can't think about the long run. They need profits: now!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dinkimole nokkalle...
September 13, 2017, 06:14:26 PM
Sia is now close to dead. if there is nothing new within a few days we will go to $0
Sia had a tremendous growth in the past few months and some whales might have manipulated it to some pump prices.
The tech is solid and the price is 5X than it was around  4 or 5 months back. Why are you still complaining?
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 13, 2017, 05:06:42 PM
To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.

I don't know, man

Activity: 71
September 13, 2017, 04:15:16 PM
hah
Activity: 183
September 12, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
It looks like volume of Sia goeas to the ground.. In my opinion, and after several analyzes it is the best moment for pump.  Cool Cool

I'm already in with nice amount Wink Let the show begin!  Grin Grin

What goes down must go up! I really like the dev team. It will be nice when the market picks up.
Activity: 504
Option Blitz
September 12, 2017, 10:24:32 AM
anyone here known about filecoin ICO?
September 12, 2017, 10:14:47 AM
The blockchain is is inside %Appdata% (/users/your_user/appdata/roaming/Sia-UI). I deleted it and updated to 1.3. But it still tries to download the blockchain on my SSD dist. What can I do?

There is a second consensus folder located inside the installation folder. If I am not wrong, in version 1.3 the raw blocks are first downloaded to the %appdata% folder, and once they are validated they are moved to the consensus folder of the installation. Once the sync is complete, you will end up with a very small %appdata% folder.

If you want to accelerate the sync, do bootstrapping (https://siawiki.tech/daemon/bootstrapping_the_blockchain) the canonical way is downloading the file to %appdata%, but I have seen people downloading it directly to the installation folder. You could try either way
September 12, 2017, 09:43:03 AM
To save space on my SSD disk, I want to move the wallet and the blockchain to my external hard disc. Where is the blockchain data located and how do I change its directory? I am using Windows. Thanks in advance.

If you are using the last version 1.3, the blockchain is inside the installation folder (the one you uncompressed for installing Sia), so you can just move the entire installation folder somewhere else. There are also some folders stored in %Appdata% (/users/your_user/appdata/roaming/Sia-UI) but they are actually very small and should not be moved, or otherwise the client will "forget" your current wallet and even lose files if you are hosting or renting.

September 12, 2017, 09:17:21 AM
To save space on my SSD disk, I want to move the wallet and the blockchain to my external hard disc. Where is the blockchain data located and how do I change its directory? I am using Windows. Thanks in advance.

If you are using the last version 1.3, the blockchain is inside the installation folder (the one you uncompressed for installing Sia), so you can just move the entire installation folder somewhere else. There are also some folders stored in %Appdata% (/users/your_user/appdata/roaming/Sia-UI) but they are actually very small and should not be moved, or otherwise the client will "forget" your current wallet and even lose files if you are hosting or renting.
Activity: 71
September 12, 2017, 06:36:05 AM
There was a huge clog of transactions on the network 2 months ago, and while devs provided tools to alleviate the problem, Poloniex was not very efficient applying them... Current withdrawals are working good, sometimes with a delay of 30 mins - 1 hour. Most of the failed transactions of two months ago were solved too. But unfortunately not all of them have been pushed again to the blockchain. So yes, I am aware of a few other cases of users in your same situation, I am sorry for you  Embarrassed If it gives you some hope, I have read of some users whose Txs were finally pushed successfully 2 months later.

Keep opening new tickets and insisting about the issue, they have to return you those funds or push that Tx to the network

Thanks, I opened a new ticket and will do that daily.
September 12, 2017, 06:04:38 AM
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 01:38:37 AM
It looks like volume of Sia goeas to the ground.. In my opinion, and after several analyzes it is the best moment for pump.  Cool Cool

I'm already in with nice amount Wink Let the show begin!  Grin Grin

We all are waiting for the show
Activity: 1112
Merit: 256
September 11, 2017, 09:24:15 PM
It looks like volume of Sia goeas to the ground.. In my opinion, and after several analyzes it is the best moment for pump.  Cool Cool

I'm already in with nice amount Wink Let the show begin!  Grin Grin

September 11, 2017, 07:15:44 PM
Anyone know when Sia will be viable for enterprise use? at least for a small company?

It can be used already. They can buy Siacoins in a exchange and start creating file contracts. At the level of reliability, while it works for most of the users (me, personally, I have 500Gb uploaded without problems), some of them are experiencing  issues. Next update (planned for next month) should solve all those problems, as they are focused right now on improving the experience of renting. In general neither Sia or any cloud service should be used as the exclusive place to store data by any user or company, and keeping local copies is always encouraged. Sia can be a very nice solution for storing large, redundant backups

The requirement of buying Siacoins to store data will be avoided when independent developers and companies deploy services that accept FIAT and store the data in Sia doing the exchange of Siacoins behind the scenes. There are several projects about that on progress.

Anyone know why Cryptopia has delisted Sia?  Undecided

They never updated to the newest version of the software and never asked for help to the developing team, so they were struggling with dropped transactions. Besides, Cryptopia did not have any real volume: it was less than 10.000SC per day of volume in it last weeks... There are much better exchanges with higher volumes of trade, as Bittrex and Poloniex

Does anyone else also tried to withdraw Siacoins from Poloniex and the transaction is listed as completed while when he's putting Txid as a hash on http://explore.sia.tech/ it shows that there is no such a hash found in a database (so the transaction is not even on the blockchain!)? I opened a support ticket 2 months ago but didn't hear back from Poloniex yet. What I can do in such a situation? I tried to withdraw rather big amount of Siacoin so I'm getting nervous about that.
There was a huge clog of transactions on the network 2 months ago, and while devs provided tools to alleviate the problem, Poloniex was not very efficient applying them... Current withdrawals are working good, sometimes with a delay of 30 mins - 1 hour. Most of the failed transactions of two months ago were solved too. But unfortunately not all of them have been pushed again to the blockchain. So yes, I am aware of a few other cases of users in your same situation, I am sorry for you  Embarrassed If it gives you some hope, I have read of some users whose Txs were finally pushed successfully 2 months later.

Keep opening new tickets and insisting about the issue, they have to return you those funds or push that Tx to the network
Jump to: