Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 200. (Read 1382196 times)

zro
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 06:27:05 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I really like the concept and started to follow this community. Keep up the good work!
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
September 25, 2017, 04:48:59 AM
I'm dual mining Ethereum/Sia using Claymore. I've noticed the Sia difficulty has decreased substantially in the last week or two. It's currently ~166TH. I used to get ~3000 Sia/day and am now getting ~4000. Any thoughts about what's going on? Are miners shifting attention somewhere else?
Sia difficulty is being decreased as price surging lower.

It is now less profitable to mine sia because the price of sia just went down so more miners are leaving sia mining as they probably doing more money at other coins.

I think that sia is going to return back to about 200 sat/sia and then probably the hash rate will be increased and the difficulty as well.
Activity: 27
September 24, 2017, 10:56:24 PM
I'm dual mining Ethereum/Sia using Claymore. I've noticed the Sia difficulty has decreased substantially in the last week or two. It's currently ~166TH. I used to get ~3000 Sia/day and am now getting ~4000. Any thoughts about what's going on? Are miners shifting attention somewhere else?
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 24, 2017, 07:18:14 PM
Any news from minebox? Theay said it will be delivered for beta testers in september but i ve got nothing so far  Undecided

Next software version is postponed for November, would not surprise me if minebox is postponed for November too
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
September 24, 2017, 12:42:06 PM
Any news from minebox? Theay said it will be delivered for beta testers in september but i ve got nothing so far  Undecided
Activity: 417
Merit: 105
September 24, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
Sia is now the worst coin from my portfolio now  Sad I can't understand why??? There is good WORKING technology with updates and price goes down... Is there some known release/conference that will be able to push price up soon?

My understanding of it is that people jumped the gun a bit and bought up Sia in large amounts pushing the price up to 4x or so what it was worth.  As of right now Sia has a WORKING technology but it is still not RELIABLE and the network is still small.  The devs are working hard on developments but there is still a long way to go as far as i know before it is enterprise ready, which is the goal of Sia.  I haven't been able to get any info about when we could expect it to be enterprise ready but let's wait and see. 

One thing is for sure is that it's not just some piece of junk, it has a real use case, it's just not ready for it yet.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
September 24, 2017, 08:24:22 AM
Sia is now the worst coin from my portfolio now  Sad I can't understand why??? There is good WORKING technology with updates and price goes down... Is there some known release/conference that will be able to push price up soon?
September 24, 2017, 01:59:38 AM
finally some movement from SIA.
i thought it will go back to its previous price of 30 satoshi..

Yes its nice to see.  It would have been a real shocker if it went down to something like that because it's still a great piece of advanced technology and already has what you could call a working beta i guess.  I'm just wondering how far away it is from enterprise usability or at least small businesses to be able to fully trust.  Hope to see more developments in the coming few months because I think it will be a crucial time for Sia.  If the network and development doesn't advance far enough in the coming months then I would be a bit worried about the future.
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
September 23, 2017, 05:06:42 PM
I have Sia on my Poloniex account, but they have frozen it for whatever reason, but I do now know why.

Anyone knows what to do?

Poloniex does not answer to my tickets for 3 weeks now.
September 22, 2017, 06:18:04 PM
Ok, so hello people, I'm sure this has been covered here, but really there are so many pages to search through and I just don't have the time right now, but here it is:

I've been following/owning Sia forever now, but I haven't kept up with it in recent weeks...

Obviously I noticed that Filecoin had an ICO and plans to do something which I hear is quite similar to Sia but I remember once one of the devs speaking about the differences between the two.. I am wondering how do they differ?

I was also wondering what I can find the statistics of Sia's network usage and hosting?

Lastly, I was also wondering what stage in the development are we at now?  How far away from small business usability and reliability?

Thanks for any responses, I appreciate it.
Activity: 38
September 22, 2017, 06:10:06 PM
Love the logo on this!
September 22, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
I am really really scared at this point.. bought at 450 satoshi
and price is dropping like dead end.  Cry

What is you scared of? If you scared then go to church...

hahahaha thanks for saying my favorite line.  I always say that too.   Grin Grin
Activity: 1299
Merit: 502
September 22, 2017, 06:00:00 PM

What is you scared of? If you scared then go to church...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
September 22, 2017, 05:12:18 PM
Activity: 141
Merit: 14
September 21, 2017, 04:55:04 PM
Hi guys, on August I have seen on the Roadmap that there are a lot of (small) milestones / updates planned for September.

Unfortunately I did not safe the roadmap and I am not so close with SIA, so I don't know if all updates dated for Sept. were done so far.

Currently next update is planned for ~ nov 2017.

I was a bit surprised that price drops to such a low level, however, I see it as good entrance chances, but I also guess that price will not rise a lot until nov.

SIA is one of the projects with the highest lose from ATH this June (similar to ICN or also a bit like GNT). To be honest I am not quite sure why all shit projects get hyped that much and serios projects like sia, icn, gnt, stratis, waves and so on are far away from their hypes? Although market has risen a log since june.

Were they so much "over hyped" and is the price on a "normal" level currently? Are all these serious altcouns undervalued at the moment?

Just remain silent and in the meantime do what smart money usually do in despair phase of market cycle... also buy some popcorn... november is coming soon...
Activity: 266
Merit: 110
September 21, 2017, 04:32:02 PM
sia is very very good project.
and i love this cryptocurency.
but my question is for invest .
is this price good for buy or more dump ??

As long as you believe in the project, one day it will soar by 5x, 10x, 50x.
Any price you buy now is a good price!
Just believe in yourself!
Activity: 513
Merit: 150
September 21, 2017, 11:14:31 AM
Hi guys, on August I have seen on the Roadmap that there are a lot of (small) milestones / updates planned for September.

Unfortunately I did not safe the roadmap and I am not so close with SIA, so I don't know if all updates dated for Sept. were done so far.

Currently next update is planned for ~ nov 2017.

I was a bit surprised that price drops to such a low level, however, I see it as good entrance chances, but I also guess that price will not rise a lot until nov.

SIA is one of the projects with the highest lose from ATH this June (similar to ICN or also a bit like GNT). To be honest I am not quite sure why all shit projects get hyped that much and serios projects like sia, icn, gnt, stratis, waves and so on are far away from their hypes? Although market has risen a log since june.

Were they so much "over hyped" and is the price on a "normal" level currently? Are all these serious altcouns undervalued at the moment?

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dinkimole nokkalle...
September 21, 2017, 09:41:31 AM
why siacoin remove from exchanges?
is this issue important?
is siacoin in bittrex safe?
Bittrex seems to be OK for now but its always better to store your coins locally in your own wallet as the exchanges could get hacked and you may end up losing all your coins.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
September 21, 2017, 09:36:01 AM
is this issue important?

Check here:

https://blog.sia.tech/psa-regarding-siacoin-on-exchanges-67c6b472525f

Yunbi is closing due to Chinesse regulations, Cryptopia never had any real volume of operations in Sia, and never asked devs for help with their issues.

While Bittrex is safe (I have seen some false FUD about Bittrex closing recently, I don't know where is it coming from), the safest place will always be a wallet in your computer
Activity: 24
September 21, 2017, 07:47:55 AM
is this issue important?
Jump to: