Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 199. (Read 1382196 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 119
September 27, 2017, 04:51:36 PM

Great news...I better go buy some SIA while its still cheap Smiley

I have question about Obelisk...where from will buyers in EU get their ASICs from?
Because if its sent outside of EU, we have to pay lots of customs and taxes

Great question! We are still figuring out the situation for EU customers. We honestly won't know until closer to ship date.

Also, Duplicati integration post is live! https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-full-computer-backup-with-sia-through-the-new-duplicati-integration-62dd17cbcfb7
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 27, 2017, 03:04:02 PM
Hi guys, it is me! https://twitter.com/zachherbert/status/913034849216339969

Hi guys! Zach here, I'm VP of Ops for Sia. We don't spend too much time on bitcointalk, since most of the discussion takes place in our Discord or subreddit. But I'll try to monitor bitcointalk closely for the next day or so, and answer any question that you may have.

Any news about last bounty, is it going well?

The bounty for Duplicati is going really well. It's complete, and has been tested. We will be announcing shortly and paying out the reward. Duplicati has already merged it into their upstream code.

Bounty for Minio (https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-s3-style-file-sharing-for-sia-through-the-new-minio-integration-bb880af2366a) is functioning, but the submitter is working through some final requirements in order to merge into their upstream code.

Great news...I better go buy some SIA while its still cheap Smiley

I have question about Obelisk...where from will buyers in EU get their ASICs from?
Because if its sent outside of EU, we have to pay lots of customs and taxes
September 27, 2017, 09:40:26 AM
Hi guys, it is me! https://twitter.com/zachherbert/status/913034849216339969

Hi guys! Zach here, I'm VP of Ops for Sia. We don't spend too much time on bitcointalk, since most of the discussion takes place in our Discord or subreddit. But I'll try to monitor bitcointalk closely for the next day or so, and answer any question that you may have.

The bounty for Duplicati is going really well. It's complete, and has been tested. We will be announcing shortly and paying out the reward. Duplicati has already merged it into their upstream code.

Bounty for Minio (https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-s3-style-file-sharing-for-sia-through-the-new-minio-integration-bb880af2366a) is functioning, but the submitter is working through some final requirements in order to merge into their upstream code.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
September 27, 2017, 09:00:27 AM
How do we know you are who you are caliming to be? Anybody from the Sia community vouch for you? Sorry bitcointalk has lot of scammers under different names.
I can confirm he is the real Zherbert. I made a comment on Discord about his message here (we have a BTCtalk feed) and he answered he wants to say hello here Cool
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
https://www.projecton.pro/
September 27, 2017, 06:10:46 AM
we need the usual attention to the news if there are specific topics for discussion, and stakeholders of the company for feedback they can get from the community here..
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
September 27, 2017, 06:09:42 AM
The SC team is so active on Twitter but seems like they are not here. Not sure why price is syncing.  Cry

I don't see anything to be worried about after watching closely market activities both selling and buying. You need to see things as whole to understand better what is being done so it can be named easily consolidation phase because volume alone on Trex is pretty decent.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 27, 2017, 05:55:12 AM

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 03:40:56 AM
The SC team is so active on Twitter but seems like they are not here. Not sure why price is syncing.  Cry
Activity: 364
dinkimole nokkalle...
September 27, 2017, 01:17:55 AM
How do we know you are who you are caliming to be? Anybody from the Sia community vouch for you? Sorry bitcointalk has lot of scammers under different names.
September 26, 2017, 05:53:12 PM
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
September 26, 2017, 05:39:23 PM
Sia is now the worst coin from my portfolio now  Sad I can't understand why??? There is good WORKING technology with updates and price goes down... Is there some known release/conference that will be able to push price up soon?

I agree that there is very good working technology here .
But how we can see the working principle is not always the case because marketing and psychological effects of the market plays big role also, unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
September 26, 2017, 04:54:33 AM
I'm dual mining Ethereum/Sia using Claymore. I've noticed the Sia difficulty has decreased substantially in the last week or two. It's currently ~166TH. I used to get ~3000 Sia/day and am now getting ~4000. Any thoughts about what's going on? Are miners shifting attention somewhere else?
Sia difficulty is being decreased as price surging lower.

It is now less profitable to mine sia because the price of sia just went down so more miners are leaving sia mining as they probably doing more money at other coins.

I think that sia is going to return back to about 200 sat/sia and then probably the hash rate will be increased and the difficulty as well.

With the Ethereum "ice age" there was a massive increase in Ethereum difficulty in the last week... maybe folks who were dual mining Sia w/ Claymore are starting to shift to something else.
miner working where beneficial or where there is prospect of good growth coins in the near future
they are switching and those who will stay will benefits after the price surged back again, the only concerned is there's no update yet
from the team that's why we can't say if this coin still a good coin to mine just switch to NH instead of mining with other pool, its much
better to sell my hash rate and just an easy converted to btc.
Activity: 588
https://www.projecton.pro/
September 26, 2017, 03:55:14 AM
I'm dual mining Ethereum/Sia using Claymore. I've noticed the Sia difficulty has decreased substantially in the last week or two. It's currently ~166TH. I used to get ~3000 Sia/day and am now getting ~4000. Any thoughts about what's going on? Are miners shifting attention somewhere else?

It is now less profitable to mine sia because the price of sia just went down so more miners are leaving sia mining as they probably doing more money at other coins.

I think that sia is going to return back to about 200 sat/sia and then probably the hash rate will be increased and the difficulty as well.

With the Ethereum "ice age" there was a massive increase in Ethereum difficulty in the last week... maybe folks who were dual mining Sia w/ Claymore are starting to shift to something else.
miner working where beneficial or where there is prospect of good growth coins in the near future
Activity: 27
September 25, 2017, 06:09:51 PM

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
September 25, 2017, 01:34:37 PM
It is a big pleasure for me to introduce you the result of my efforts during the last weeks - https://siastats.info , a website full of charts, tables and metrics about the Sia network. Mining pools distribution, file contracts number, cost and size, average pricing of storage, transactions volume, indexes of hosts centralization… I created it for the community to have a tool for monitoring the health of Sia and for Sia-related companies or individuals that need charts to promote the use and adoption of Sia. Charts can be used without any restriction for any purpose (please just cite the source).

As you'll see, there are plenty of interesting parameters in Sia aside the market value. I encourage you checking the increase in the number of daily contracts (https://siastats.info/new_contracts.html) or the current average pricing for storing data in Sia (https://siastats.info/storage_pricing.html) (no competence can offer these pricing).

During the next weeks I’ll keep making improvements in the design, usability (right now it is not mobile-friendly) and I’ll add more contents. Please feel free to share it around and making comments!

I appreciate your hard work, looking great so far - Thanks.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
September 25, 2017, 09:00:26 AM
It is a big pleasure for me to introduce you the result of my efforts during the last weeks - https://siastats.info , a website full of charts, tables and metrics about the Sia network. Mining pools distribution, file contracts number, cost and size, average pricing of storage, transactions volume, indexes of hosts centralization… I created it for the community to have a tool for monitoring the health of Sia and for Sia-related companies or individuals that need charts to promote the use and adoption of Sia. Charts can be used without any restriction for any purpose (please just cite the source).

As you'll see, there are plenty of interesting parameters in Sia aside the market value. I encourage you checking the increase in the number of daily contracts (https://siastats.info/new_contracts.html) or the current average pricing for storing data in Sia (https://siastats.info/storage_pricing.html) (no competence can offer these pricing).

During the next weeks I’ll keep making improvements in the design, usability (right now it is not mobile-friendly) and I’ll add more contents. Please feel free to share it around and making comments!

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
September 25, 2017, 08:10:04 AM
Sia is now the worst coin from my portfolio now  Sad I can't understand why??? There is good WORKING technology with updates and price goes down... Is there some known release/conference that will be able to push price up soon?

I hear Cryptopia is delisting the SIA coin what is the reason behind it. I think this coin has good potential but still, it is undervalued coin only.
There are many people who are holding a lot of SIA coin because SIA has a good development team.
SIA is listed on Bittrex and   Poloniex - biggest altcoin exchanges. Cryptopia has low volume and nobody cares about it.
Activity: 172
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
September 25, 2017, 06:34:26 AM

I hear Cryptopia is delisting the SIA coin what is the reason behind it. I think this coin has good potential but still, it is undervalued coin only.
There are many people who are holding a lot of SIA coin because SIA has a good development team.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
September 25, 2017, 06:31:16 AM
Any news from minebox? Theay said it will be delivered for beta testers in september but i ve got nothing so far  Undecided

Seems like the development over their has been stopped for a while as the development team are away on a vacation as far as I heard from their twitter.

I think that it is about to happen at the end of the next month(October)

I am trying to get updates on this and I will keep this thread updated once I find what is going on with Minebox beta tests.
Jump to: