Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 236. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"
July 07, 2017, 01:50:06 AM
I think this coin is good for the long term investment, if the price drops it's a good thing to get some at a lower price and increase your position cheaper for the long run.

Great advise. I'm thinking of buying some. I have been waiting on the sideline for a long time now. This is a good opportunity to get in.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
July 07, 2017, 12:39:09 AM
It is actually limited to max buy size so that it isn't all one buyer.  Yesterday they said the single biggest buy was 50 units.  Most of the buyers are small single or several unit purchases.  I bought 2 which I think is pretty representative.

That's a very interesting article there.

SIA ASICS preorders sold out or there's some available still?

Only 1105 of the 4000 available have been sold. https://obelisk.tech/index.html#info

While I believe in SC and have a good holding... I posted this article that might help..

https://steemit.com/mining/@drcharles/the-siacoin-obelisk-asic-miner-and-why-i-won-t-be-buying-it

Also took one, We hope that it will be as planned

Only delivery will be in a year
July 07, 2017, 12:37:24 AM
It is actually limited to max buy size so that it isn't all one buyer.  Yesterday they said the single biggest buy was 50 units.  Most of the buyers are small single or several unit purchases.  I bought 2 which I think is pretty representative.

Only 1105 of the 4000 available have been sold. https://obelisk.tech/index.html#info

While I believe in SC and have a good holding... I posted this article that might help..

https://steemit.com/mining/@drcharles/the-siacoin-obelisk-asic-miner-and-why-i-won-t-be-buying-it

Also took one, We hope that it will be as planned
July 07, 2017, 12:35:52 AM
I would like to get some suggestion please..

I bought some SC few days ago. After my entry a nice price drop happened and it is still happening.. My bad luck I believe..

So should I sale SC with a big loss or should I hold until the price rises again? Is there any hope for price rise?

Please show me the right direction..  Undecided

Just hold man, never panic sell.
Market goes down-up-down-up...

Only how long will it go down and down?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
July 07, 2017, 12:27:26 AM

I bought some SC few days ago. After my entry a nice price drop happened and it is still happening.. My bad luck I believe..

So should I sale SC with a big loss or should I hold until the price rises again? Is there any hope for price rise?

Just hold man, never panic sell.
Market goes down-up-down-up...
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
July 07, 2017, 12:02:35 AM
I think this coin is good for the long term investment, if the price drops it's a good thing to get some at a lower price and increase your position cheaper for the long run.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
July 06, 2017, 07:07:41 PM

Activity: 147
July 06, 2017, 07:05:34 PM
big hit on Polo....

That's not big, -5% for now and -10% in total in 2 days. I hope it will recover soon!
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2017, 06:42:04 PM
big hit on Polo....
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
July 06, 2017, 06:28:36 PM

July 06, 2017, 06:19:52 PM
It is actually limited to max buy size so that it isn't all one buyer.  Yesterday they said the single biggest buy was 50 units.  Most of the buyers are small single or several unit purchases.  I bought 2 which I think is pretty representative.

Activity: 93
July 06, 2017, 05:43:31 PM
It is actually limited to max buy size so that it isn't all one buyer.  Yesterday they said the single biggest buy was 50 units.  Most of the buyers are small single or several unit purchases.  I bought 2 which I think is pretty representative.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
July 06, 2017, 03:35:06 PM
do we have any news about next release? at roadmap it says June~. but so far there is no information.

It looks like they will be releasing a new release candidate for the upcoming v1.3 release today sometime.

I stand corrected.  Latest today was this:
 RC3 tomorrow, and then v130 next week. Delays because a security issue was found
July 06, 2017, 01:36:43 PM
I looked at the price chart for the past seven days and I thought it looked like a slide in an amusement park.  I also noticed it correlated with the "Big" announcement which turned out to be the ASIC miner sooooo far away.  I hate this park slide in the midst of so many Brave New Coins whose charts look like Mt. Everest. 

We need adoption and a dramatic increase in hosting.  What happened to Minebox, their site has 22 units left out of only 200, is this correct?  In the new landscape of Crypto it's not very hard to see $SC at $1.00, it might take a bit but at least now it's conceivable but we need adoption.  Now is the time to rise and shine, the time window is now open and we need some "Big News" fast before it closes and we're left behind.

Is there a possibility of introducing PoS?  Many are holding on to their $SC and it would be beautiful if we can get dividends for staking.  With the current price of mining equipment I believe the old argument that poses PoS as a way to centralize and provide the wealthier to get wealthier no longer stands.  Hybrid mining would be "Big News".   Grin

I think it's absolutely impossible to turn into PoS direction after they announce ASIC. Personally I don't trust PoS much...
Activity: 110
July 06, 2017, 12:14:15 PM
I looked at the price chart for the past seven days and I thought it looked like a slide in an amusement park.  I also noticed it correlated with the "Big" announcement which turned out to be the ASIC miner sooooo far away.  I hate this park slide in the midst of so many Brave New Coins whose charts look like Mt. Everest. 

We need adoption and a dramatic increase in hosting.  What happened to Minebox, their site has 22 units left out of only 200, is this correct?  In the new landscape of Crypto it's not very hard to see $SC at $1.00, it might take a bit but at least now it's conceivable but we need adoption.  Now is the time to rise and shine, the time window is now open and we need some "Big News" fast before it closes and we're left behind.

Is there a possibility of introducing PoS?  Many are holding on to their $SC and it would be beautiful if we can get dividends for staking.  With the current price of mining equipment I believe the old argument that poses PoS as a way to centralize and provide the wealthier to get wealthier no longer stands.  Hybrid mining would be "Big News".   Grin
July 06, 2017, 11:21:53 AM
do we have any news about next release? at roadmap it says June~. but so far there is no information.

It looks like they will be releasing a new release candidate for the upcoming v1.3 release today sometime.

They had hoped to get the release out by June (and did get the first release candidate out) but I suspect between all the Poloniex issues earlier in the month and the Obelisk excitement at the end of the month, things slipped a little.

The development team is very active on their slack and reddit.  Other forms of communication tends to be a bit more laggy. Smiley

Don't get your hopes up.

Why shouldn't I get my hopes up?  These guys have a great dev team and are producing a solid product based on a real world need.  Yes, I am biased, but that is because I researched what they are doing and put my money where my mouth is last year, back when the price averaged 40 satoshis or so.  This year I sold off a quarter of my SC holdings to purchase 2 Obelisks in the pre-sale.
Activity: 84
July 06, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

They had hoped to get the release out by June (and did get the first release candidate out) but I suspect between all the Poloniex issues earlier in the month and the Obelisk excitement at the end of the month, things slipped a little.

The development team is very active on their slack and reddit.  Other forms of communication tends to be a bit more laggy. Smiley

Don't get your hopes up.
July 06, 2017, 09:33:43 AM

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
July 06, 2017, 09:31:01 AM
I am still confuse if I should invest more in siacoin or take out everything. I am still not sure if Sia team is doing what they should to get more people willing to host their data!
Jump to: