Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 235. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
July 08, 2017, 06:39:54 AM
do we have any news about next release? at roadmap it says June~. but so far there is no information.

It looks like they will be releasing a new release candidate for the upcoming v1.3 release today sometime.

I stand corrected.  Latest today was this:
 RC3 tomorrow, and then v130 next week. Delays because a security issue was found

Another shit for brains that doesn't know what their talking about. This is the end of today which is the tomorrow you spoke about in your post. No RC3 today. You idiots should get your shit together instead of posting lies. You would be much more believable.
RC3 came out yesterday.  Which was what I had said.  You are correct that these things can slip but in this case you are wrong.  Latest I heard was the plans are still for the formal release to be next week.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 08, 2017, 03:44:27 AM
do we have any news about next release? at roadmap it says June~. but so far there is no information.

It looks like they will be releasing a new release candidate for the upcoming v1.3 release today sometime.

RC3 tomorrow, and then v130 next week. Delays because a security issue was found

Another shit for brains that doesn't know what their talking about. This is the end of today which is the tomorrow you spoke about in your post. No RC3 today. You idiots should get your shit together instead of posting lies. You would be much more believable.
i never seen the fuckest coin ever like sc why ? because from up to one monthe all market going down but after down all coins goes for recovring but sia no no no just down down and down no recovery where is the team of sc ?the sc team doing nothing more then half sia down 830 to 350 now next i dont know may be 0.00000001 .idiot team
you are idiot, you clearly don't understand what is happening now in altcoins market and blame
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 07, 2017, 11:03:55 PM

i never seen the fuckest coin ever like sc why ? because from up to one monthe all market going down but after down all coins goes for recovring but sia no no no just down down and down no recovery where is the team of sc ?the sc team doing nothing more then half sia down 830 to 350 now next i dont know may be 0.00000001 .idiot team
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 07, 2017, 10:54:23 PM

i dont know how is the fuckest man basturd sell sc in panic
Activity: 84
July 07, 2017, 09:05:18 PM

Activity: 882
Merit: 252
July 07, 2017, 06:16:58 PM
Any word on why price has slid so much?  Is it the Obelisk thing with pre-orders for a year before delivery?  Whatever it is we need a quick correction here, too many strong players now entering space. 

Can we do more as a community to promote the necessity of $SC?  How can we quintuple the current hosting size?  Does anyone know when the Mineboxes are shipping?

I'm going to purchase some Mineboxes does someone have an opinion as to why I should or shouldn't buy them - Sincere question would appreciate input.
I think SC will prove itself but it might take a while. There are so many "popular" coins out there that really don't have any function besides just being a coin and they are worth much more than SC.  I think when this altcoin hype starts to slow down a lot of coins will be gone and the useful ones with real world function and good development will come out stronger. I am holding SC for sure, I have not invested more than I can afford to lose, I spread it out over different coins but SC is one of my favorite "alt" coins..
Activity: 110
July 07, 2017, 05:22:55 PM
Any word on why price has slid so much?  Is it the Obelisk thing with pre-orders for a year before delivery?  Whatever it is we need a quick correction here, too many strong players now entering space. 

Can we do more as a community to promote the necessity of $SC?  How can we quintuple the current hosting size?  Does anyone know when the Mineboxes are shipping?

I'm going to purchase some Mineboxes does someone have an opinion as to why I should or shouldn't buy them - Sincere question would appreciate input.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
July 07, 2017, 05:05:27 PM
I just want to mention that I'm selling 70TB of sata disks. See here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19979094

It might interesr someone.
Activity: 236
Merit: 101
July 07, 2017, 04:23:05 PM
Taek42
Thanks for the encouragement. We are just as determined as ever, even if we have had to take a few steps back and restructure our presale. We will find a way to move forward, even if the sales stop here.
Sia has had huge developments this month too. File repair without needing to keep the files locally - that's ready. A fee market for transactions is also ready. Big improvements to wallet scalability. We added a wallet backup button to the UI. Renters will now automatically replace hosts who are no longer competitive. By the end of the week renters will also automatically replace unresponsive hosts. Initial blockchain download time was cut in half. We invented and hardforked in a new difficulty adjustment algorithm. We fixed several security vulnerabilities.
And file sharing is up next.

i hope it will effect the price.
Activity: 147
July 07, 2017, 09:45:27 AM
the people who buy the 4000 preordered units will have 6 weeks to mine SC before subsequent units become available, according to the website.

Yes, but they order ASIC chips (the most important part of the device) on a chip factory. It's very hard to get a spot for the production in the factory and it might take many months to wait for this moment. So I assume they will produce a lot of chips and they'll have a plenty left after 4000k ASIC manufacturing. So you need to believe that the company will be honest and won't mine... These thought stop me from ordering an ASIC now!
Activity: 658
Merit: 286
July 07, 2017, 08:23:01 AM
I would like to get some suggestion please..

I bought some SC few days ago. After my entry a nice price drop happened and it is still happening.. My bad luck I believe..

So should I sale SC with a big loss or should I hold until the price rises again? Is there any hope for price rise?

Please show me the right direction..  Undecided

If you do so you will be in Big loss don't panic because the market will pick up. Right now the market is completely down not only with SIA there are many other coins facing the same situation but now is the right time buy all the dips. When the market settle you will get good profits from it.
he rate fell because a lot of coins in 1 hand. And this is not a good investor ,prices in sells them to 300 ,which I bought. And so , the market is due to the Bitmain announcement of the upcoming software fork of bitcoin, 1 Aug. To sell there is a sense from those who just came in. The rest just wait. When the greedy crowd will tear the market after 1 August. Those who bought a 600 and now goes....lose!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
July 07, 2017, 06:52:02 AM

I bought some SC few days ago. After my entry a nice price drop happened and it is still happening.. My bad luck I believe..

So should I sale SC with a big loss or should I hold until the price rises again? Is there any hope for price rise?

If you do so you will be in Big loss don't panic because the market will pick up. Right now the market is completely down not only with SIA there are many other coins facing the same situation but now is the right time buy all the dips. When the market settle you will get good profits from it.
Activity: 60
July 07, 2017, 06:51:51 AM
the people who buy the 4000 preordered units will have 6 weeks to mine SC before subsequent units become available, according to the website.
July 07, 2017, 06:45:09 AM
It is actually limited to max buy size so that it isn't all one buyer.  Yesterday they said the single biggest buy was 50 units.  Most of the buyers are small single or several unit purchases.  I bought 2 which I think is pretty representative.

That's a very interesting article there.

SIA ASICS preorders sold out or there's some available still?

Only 1105 of the 4000 available have been sold. https://obelisk.tech/index.html#info

While I believe in SC and have a good holding... I posted this article that might help..

https://steemit.com/mining/@drcharles/the-siacoin-obelisk-asic-miner-and-why-i-won-t-be-buying-it

Thanks for the list! I will track the sales. There is always a very big problem with ASICs. If there's no competition (if you have a competitor, you both need to follow some rules, E.g. not overflood the market), they can produce much more ASICs and mine themselves. I mean 4000 limit of the units is not guaranteed, unless there's a very limited amount of chips produced by the factory (and it will be the perfect proof!).
Activity: 97
July 07, 2017, 04:41:32 AM
I am still confuse if I should invest more in siacoin or take out everything. I am still not sure if Sia team is doing what they should to get more people willing to host their data!

I sold all of it just before the ASIC announcement at 0.00000800 BTC. It will probably continue to drop probably around 0.00000300/250 BTC as everyone is selling their altcoins, the bitcoin fork announcement will weigh heavily on alt coins up until August so be careful not to get burned.

It is actually limited to max buy size so that it isn't all one buyer.  Yesterday they said the single biggest buy was 50 units.  Most of the buyers are small single or several unit purchases.  I bought 2 which I think is pretty representative.

You know that's impossible to police right?  simply get employees, friends and families to buy for you and give them the funds and you can buy as many as you want. The Chinese miners are going to own you all
July 07, 2017, 04:19:36 AM

Nobody can tell you that. Altcoin prices are also based on BTC and ETH value. BTC price movement just creates very big affect on altcoin market...
Activity: 178
July 07, 2017, 04:03:17 AM
[quote ]

Only how long will it go down and down?  Smiley

On the 11th of July at 9:34 UTC time your pain will end. Phoenix time afterwards.
[/quote]

What is "Phoenix"? Altough price dropped holding strong, this is a promising project guys, don`t be weak.
July 07, 2017, 03:20:39 AM
[quote ]

On the 11th of July at 9:34 UTC time your pain will end. Phoenix time afterwards.
[/quote]

what happens on the 11th?
Activity: 148
Merit: 106
July 07, 2017, 03:19:41 AM
[quote ]

[/quote]

July 07, 2017, 03:09:07 AM
This is painful  Shocked still not selling.
Jump to: