Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 247. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 494
Merit: 500
June 18, 2017, 11:50:00 PM
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
June 18, 2017, 05:42:55 PM
Is there any profit calculator?

Yes there is. http://calc.wolfchange.com/mining_calculator_siacoin

I found also a calculation for dual mining here https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc

But how much mega hash does a graphic card produces I couldn't find it yet, sia has a good potential as long as the ethereum will not switch to PoS.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1001
June 18, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
22 billion supply? Really? Why devs make these coins that have potential with some many tokens or coins? It is a major turn off for any investor. Private group of whale investors usually kill these projects just by accumulating them when they are low and then dump on people that re willing to invest for the long run. The high amount of supply just makes the life of these whales alot easier to destroy any coin. Just my thoughts since I have been around since 2014.
Activity: 714
Merit: 601
June 18, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
Hey

I would like to add address generation and manual transaction for spending coins to https://coinb.in if anyone can point me in the right direction of how addresses are generated and transactions are built and signed etc i'll get on to it.

Thanks
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
June 18, 2017, 11:49:05 AM
sia 2k this month possible?
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
June 18, 2017, 10:45:08 AM
Any Web wallet? I want to keep some SIA coin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 514
June 18, 2017, 10:25:37 AM
What makes you think Obelisk is a masternode?

Anyway be patient, the news is coming this week, maybe it's something big, maybe it isn't
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
June 18, 2017, 08:43:06 AM
What is Obelisk? Somebody please explain.
I am watching this obelisk as well, please someone answer. If this is some kind of masternode. I will be very happy running it. It will be very very nice on SC!
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
June 18, 2017, 05:40:06 AM
What is Obelisk? Somebody please explain.
Activity: 682
Merit: 540
June 17, 2017, 05:16:38 PM
Sound like a new product or big feature. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks. Hodl!

Some kind of masternode?
Activity: 326
Merit: 256
June 17, 2017, 11:40:34 AM
Sound like a new product or big feature. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks. Hodl!
Activity: 114
June 17, 2017, 11:10:42 AM
Thanks Hakkane Wink
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 17, 2017, 10:58:02 AM
tanx hakkane ...

that has already been done - and the older wallets have been imported - so my gratitude to all those that have helped to do this ...

BUT - the wallet.json ones are the issue ( i had MANY sia wallets over the mining period i went through with sia ) ...

there is NO information - NOTHING - to give me instruction on HOW to import these wallet.json files ... i know the wallet password - and i just need to import these wallets ( 3 of them ) ... but because they use the wallet.json format - and not the wallet.dat format - they cant be imported via the method above ... yet there is no information as to HOW to do such a thing ANYWHERE ...

and believe me - i have searched ...

taek? ... has he any ideas? ...

#crysx

Devs do not check bitcointalk regularly. Go to the Slack and ask it to the devs (@taek, @johnathanhowell...): https://siatalk.slack.com/messages

The length of the file contracts was a 3 months. Now its 3 months later and the rest of the ammount is still alocated.
Has the sia-tech some support ?

That is very weird, Your funds must be back in your wallet. Are you sure your client is fully sync to the blockchain? Yes, they are answering questions all the time at the Slack. Go there to the #help channel: https://siatalk.slack.com/messages

http://siapulse.com/page/tools
Activity: 114
June 17, 2017, 09:53:51 AM
Activity: 80
June 17, 2017, 09:51:59 AM
This is my simplest decentralized storage coin
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 17, 2017, 09:41:12 AM
Hi all,
Does anybody know how long are sia coins allocated ?
I allocated the coins in the October 2016 and after deleting the files in March 2017
the rest of the coins still didnt return to my wallet.

Hi, the non-used part of your allowance should be returned by the end date of your file contracts. So even if you have deleted the files in advance, if you made file contracts for longer times, they will be locked until contracts finish

The length of the file contracts was a 3 months. Now its 3 months later and the rest of the ammount is still alocated.
Has the sia-tech some support ?
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 09:12:02 AM
Finally my sia coins arrived from polo Cheesy

just today, perfect! Smiley

sia ttm!  Grin
Activity: 70
June 17, 2017, 08:24:42 AM
Finally my sia coins arrived from polo Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
June 17, 2017, 07:39:40 AM
hi all ...

does anyone know how to import an older wallet.json into the current wallet ( 1.2.2 ) ? ...

this would be a huge help ...

tanx ...

#crysx

I think some weeks ago I was talking with out this same problem... I am sad you still have that problem.In version 1.2.2 they added a command for recovering old wallets, I am not sure if back in time I suggested you already this solution:

Legacy wallets (those previous to version 0.3.3, when wallets didn't have a recovery seed) can be accessed in v1.2.2 by typing this command on the UI terminal: "siac wallet load 033x (path of the wallet file)". If you access it, I strongly recommend you to move your funds to a new address that uses a seed for recovery

Let's say I want to give some of my free space on HDD.

What is the uptime requirement?

I understand there's a 2000 collaterel, e.g., but there's no chance in hell I'm gonna host files on sia network and lose all of my monthly revenue and collateral if I have half a day of internet problems.

I am pretty sure the up time requirement is greater than 99%. This should only be done on a machine that is up all the time basically.

Then this coin is bullshit and nobody's gonna let others store files on it Wink

Amazon standard has a 25 % refund policy under 98% of uptime. If you do the math, with 2000 sia collateral, on a 6-7 Terabyte hosting I'm gonna lose more than I make if I failt to keep 98% uptime.

And amazon can offer a very high uptime thanks to multiple nodes across the US.

Still even Amazon has major disruptions of service. Still remember many websites not working this february across the globe (including github).

https://aws.amazon.com/it/message/41926/

So now, tell me, do you really think I'm gonna lose 2000 sia of collateral because I have half an afternoon of power or internet problem to host somebody's files on my pc?

No. Fuckin. Way.

2000 of a collateral is much too higher of a price.

I obviously understand the point of the collateral, but there's basically nobody in this forum that can guarantee a 98%+ uptime a month for an entire year.

... Can't you really afford 2000SC (about $25) to set up your collateral budget as a host, seriously??? If you can't guarantee an uptime of 97%, then definitely hosting is not for you. It is the files of people and companies what you are going to host, so if you can't establish a serious hosting operation... better don't do it, it is important files what you are risking, not just your pennies in Sia. Hosting is not a game for an afternoon, buddy, it is a bussiness

Most of us can actually guarantee even higher uptimes. 97% (the uptime goal) represents up to a full day of downtime in a month: totally achievable. You can't expect to run your host in home computer or laptop you just turn on from time to time: you need a dedicated machine for hosting

tanx hakkane ...

that has already been done - and the older wallets have been imported - so my gratitude to all those that have helped to do this ...

BUT - the wallet.json ones are the issue ( i had MANY sia wallets over the mining period i went through with sia ) ...

there is NO information - NOTHING - to give me instruction on HOW to import these wallet.json files ... i know the wallet password - and i just need to import these wallets ( 3 of them ) ... but because they use the wallet.json format - and not the wallet.dat format - they cant be imported via the method above ... yet there is no information as to HOW to do such a thing ANYWHERE ...

and believe me - i have searched ...

taek? ... has he any ideas? ...

#crysx
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
June 16, 2017, 11:42:19 PM
Is there something wrong with the network? How long are blocks supposed to take to be confirmed?

txn ib blocks got confirmed very fast to me

only delay is the  syncing of blockchain... at moment there is a downloable patch to speed it up
in future updates the plan is to reduce the sync time completely
Jump to: