Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 377. (Read 1382190 times)

Activity: 732
Merit: 500
October 25, 2015, 05:13:50 AM
someone have problems with syncing 0.4.7 ?

yes. stoped syncing, and restart give an error: "siad exited with code:0" and not sync.

same here!
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
October 25, 2015, 04:50:35 AM

yes. stoped syncing, and restart give an error: "siad exited with code:0" and not sync.
October 25, 2015, 04:47:09 AM
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
October 25, 2015, 03:40:16 AM
Trying to import wallet.dat 4.4.6 from 3.3.3 asks for a password.
3.3.3 was not locked and a password is needed Huh
Have you synced 4.6 all the way and then unlocked the new wallet first (and generated a password), then try importing legacy wallet.

However with the fork, I am not sure if legacy wallet 3.3.3 will import as it would before the fork... just some thoughts  Smiley

unlocked asks password? What should I enter a password? I did not set any passwords.
If I have to create a password, it is still not recognized.
Thanks for the help
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
October 25, 2015, 12:35:45 AM
anyone here mining with success? i had 5 amd r9-270 running with a collective hashing of 1400Mhs over the last 2.5 days without any luck. even with the difficulty drop the shear amount of hashing pouring onto the network it seems to me that solo mining is not worth it and that a pool really is needed. however, it did get me thinking about how multi-gpu mining works with this coin. if all the gpus feed off the one siad and you need to run 5 separate miner threads how do they coordinate what nounce range to use between them. what i'm getting at, i'm hoping, they're all not running the same set of computations which would affectively mean i didn't throw 1400Mhs but rather 270Mhs (duplicated 5 times). can anyone confirm that is not the case?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2015, 11:37:11 PM
Have you synced 4.6 all the way and then unlocked the new wallet first (and generated a password), then try importing legacy wallet.

However with the fork, I am not sure if legacy wallet 3.3.3 will import as it would before the fork... just some thoughts  Smiley
legendary
October 24, 2015, 11:23:27 PM
IDK about you or anyone else, but I am using a lowly old outdated Linksys WRT54g wireless router and have had no problems with port forwarding in it nor announcing on the assigned IP ranges on multiple Pc's

Sometimes ya just got to keep it simple, basic and practical lol

I know the devs are fully aware of everything you said, and am sure in time all of that will be addressed. Again, I have been with this since the first blocks were mined and have seen it advance tremendously since. It is far from prime time and no one says otherwise.

The fact is, it does work and will only get better with time and development.  Smiley

PS: and Dropbox is powered by fiat not crypto  Grin more specifically SIAcoin

Hang with us Zer0sum

legendary
Activity: 1588
October 24, 2015, 10:46:11 PM
I'm willing to pay the price for convenience...

The most valuable item in a functional adult's life is TIME...
The most costly item in a functional adult's life is AGGRAVATION...
And, frankly, despite it's merits your project has consistently abused both of the above = reflected in 14 sat price.

Ya know, I have a network of > 10 computers on a multi-WAN router...
And am running a large real-time trading operation, a crypto mining operation and dozens of wallets, etc, etc...
And YOU are the ONLY entity in the last 5 years that has required me to "monkey around with my router configuration".

Ya know, I might spend more time mucking around with the 20 different ways I can "monkey" my $500 TROUBLE-FREE router...
But your project has such a long history of serious bugs that the risk/benefit is negatively skewed by orders of magnitude...
I've tried 2-3 different things and may have forwarded port 9982 correctly... and it still won't "announce"... who knows?

Please make this one-click and idiot proof... or you are consigning yourself to a tiny ghetto like 95% of crypto...
This coin is a microcosm of the Bitcoin syndrome =  despite widespread merchant adoption, consumers are shunning the Big Hassle...
It's called the "fiatization of Bitcoin"... where most real world "Bitcoin tx" are really offchain fiat IOU transfers.

But you adapted nicely by replacing the console with a mostly terrific GUI (the condom/tampon in "sia" logo is a nice touch)...
So we are 90% of the way to something your grandma and 8 yo niece would use... you know, like Dropbox.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
October 24, 2015, 09:08:43 PM
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
October 24, 2015, 11:30:02 AM
after installing 0.4.6 and then 0.4.7 versions of the wallet (windows 8.1) and running it it seems i have to resync the full blockchain again. any chance you stop this from happening with future releases?
Activity: 821
October 24, 2015, 06:46:34 AM
When is the hard fork happening?
legendary
October 23, 2015, 11:11:19 PM
Disappearing files seems like an important bug to fix  Tongue

We're looking into it now. As best we can tell, it's not happening all the time. We've got a 0.4.7 release coming out in a few hours [we hope!] that fixes the majority of the remaining database corruption issues. We'll try and squeak in a fix to the problem you are reporting as well, but like I said above, hard to be certain that the bug we found was responsible for the files disappearing.

Hey thanks Taek, will watch for 4.7 and give it a try  Wink

Thank you,

PS: Would that error 500 when uploading have anything to do with it? wasn't seeing that ever until 4.4... I posted a screenshot at the top of this page. Just a thought  Smiley

Screenshot: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12760814

I think I saw a commit pushed that fixes it, so it should be soon, but in the mean time go into your renter/ folder and manually rename the .sia_temp files to just .sia and the files will appear once again. That's all I had to do for them to return
Hey Thanks! I will try that. Ill report back  Wink

EDIT: Your brilliant!  Smiley yes removing the _temp (on each individual file) makes them reappear like magic lol

At least now this problem has been identified. Which brings me a great sigh of relief... I felt I was all alone on this one  Wink

Will be waiting for that fix to be announced.

AWESOME!   Grin
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
October 23, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

We're looking into it now. As best we can tell, it's not happening all the time. We've got a 0.4.7 release coming out in a few hours [we hope!] that fixes the majority of the remaining database corruption issues. We'll try and squeak in a fix to the problem you are reporting as well, but like I said above, hard to be certain that the bug we found was responsible for the files disappearing.

Thank you,

PS: Would that error 500 when uploading have anything to do with it? wasn't seeing that ever until 4.4... I posted a screenshot at the top of this page. Just a thought  Smiley

I think I saw a commit pushed that fixes it, so it should be soon, but in the mean time go into your renter/ folder and manually rename the .sia_temp files to just .sia and the files will appear once again. That's all I had to do for them to return
legendary
October 23, 2015, 03:04:07 PM

Thank you,

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 23, 2015, 02:40:23 PM
Can someone help unlocking 0.4.4. Cant start sincyng for me!

When you created the wallet, you were given a 29 word password. You use that password to unlock the wallet. Depending on whether or not you are downloading the blockchain, it may take a few minutes to unlock the wallet.

Make sure you are using the most recent version. 0.4.6 is the current release, and we're going to

So any ideas as to where my uploaded files are vanishing too?

A few ideas, but it's not happening to us so it's difficult to be certain. Luke found a few bugs in the way he was handling files, those are fixed now. We're not 100% sure that's what was causing the issue, but maybe it will fix things.

Ok, been with this project since launch, I have rolled with the punches with good results,,,, But this issue needs figured out.. I am at wits end..

THX  Smiley

Disappearing files seems like an important bug to fix  Tongue

legendary
October 23, 2015, 02:07:07 PM
So any ideas as to where my uploaded files are vanishing too?

And what is that Error: 500 internal server error I am getting when I do upload a file and pay for that storage, yet after I close Sia and reopen it my files are gone? I have done clean installs of the very latest Sia versions... cleared apps data out each time, and yes "siad" is stopping when closing....

Still waiting, otherwise Sia is useless with this problem for me. And if its happening to me its going to happen with others.....

It does this on 3 different Pc's.. 2 are W7 64 and another W10 64... all suffering the same issue... LOST or VANISHING FILES?

Ok, been with this project since launch, I have rolled with the punches with good results,,,, But this issue needs figured out.. I am at wits end..

THX  Smiley
October 23, 2015, 01:25:18 PM
Can someone help unlocking 0.4.4. Cant start sincyng for me!
Activity: 247
October 23, 2015, 11:30:37 AM
Wouldn't it be great for Siacoin to have some form of Dropbox-esque solution for users?

I'd happily pay $10-20 USD a month just to have my primo-files safe via crypto and backed up for my convenience.

...would love to have a solution that I can trust to keep my personal files (i.e. doctors reports, passport scans, two-factor authentication backups, fingerprint scans, DNA scans, password backups etc) online and secure.

I trust cryptography to keep my files safe, but haven't found a provider who can keep this promise without the threat of being brought down by lawsuits from idiotic copyright dipshits.

...I'm asking for 1GB (at maximum) to keep my personal files safe in a 'locker' which can be updated at will.

Have you tried the Sia client? If you download it and run it, you'll find it already does pretty much what you want it to.

There will be 3rd party services coming soon, that will build on the Sia network and bring some features that are not planned for the Sia main project.
legendary
Activity: 1310
October 23, 2015, 08:13:17 AM
THANK YOU!

Keep up the good work.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 23, 2015, 08:04:50 AM
https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.4.4-beta

from OP

ps: where can i find the wallet dat? Someone asked few weeks ago but can´t find it atm.

Ah, forgot to update the OP, thanks.

wallet.dat is is 0.3.3.x, 0.4.x is wallet.json.

both can be found in Sia/wallet/, where 'Sia' is whatever folder you are running the daemon from. In the UI for 0.4.x, it's app/Sia. In the UI for 0.3.3.x I think it's in app/resrouces/dependencies/Sia
Jump to: