Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 375. (Read 1382190 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
November 03, 2015, 02:10:07 PM
So.. tried to use this migration option..   (yes, it was synced)

https://i.imgur.com/8O0TQXZ.png

restarted the client and now I get this:   (pc restart doesn't help)  

https://i.imgur.com/IbmPXhN.png

What version is that? An earlier version (maybe... 0.4.6 and earlier?) had a bug in the UI where sometimes the config file would get set to 'undefined'. You can usually fix it by deleting 'config.json'. This bug has been fixed in the most recent version, 0.4.8
looks like Sia UI version: 0.4.6-beta Sia version: 0.4.4   (https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.4.6-beta , your link from the OP)
Downloaded the wallet the same day I published the error.

So I deleted the config.json and opened the wallet, it seems to be locked (?!), whats the password ?? it's empty anyway..   so I tried to load the legacy wallet and still getting this error

Same error happens on 0.4.8  Roll Eyes
November 03, 2015, 01:32:35 PM

What version is that? An earlier version (maybe... 0.4.6 and earlier?) had a bug in the UI where sometimes the config file would get set to 'undefined'. You can usually fix it by deleting 'config.json'. This bug has been fixed in the most recent version, 0.4.8
legendary
November 03, 2015, 12:27:17 PM
I'll just post this again just in case..

How To Migrate Coins from 0.3.3.x Wallets

0a. Don't run 0.3.3.x software. Doing so risks triggering bugs that can destroy coins.
0b. Create backups of everything before loading anything. Don't delete any backups until you are 100% sure that the coins have been properly recovered.
1. Find the wallet.dat file that has the coins. Make sure that you grab the most recent one - backups may not contain all of the coins. (It's okay to try loading both the most recent one and the backup one)
2. Load the wallet in to the 0.4.x software. In the GUI, there's a 'load legacy wallet' button you can use. With siac, you can use the 'siac wallet load 033x' command.
3. When asked for a password, provide the password for the 0.4.x wallet. The 033x wallet is unencrypted, you are being asked for a password so the 033x wallet can be encrypted.
4. repeat for every wallet and backup that you find. It's okay to load the same wallet multiple times, and to load the wallets in any order.
5. After loading all of the files, restart Sia. Make sure that 'siad' closes all the way, you may need to kill it in the task manager.

As long as you follow step 0a and 0b correctly, you have no risk of losing coins, even if you mess up on the later steps.

November 03, 2015, 10:25:00 AM

I used the upload legacy function for the 0.4.3 version I think.  But all my coins aren't backed up by my seed.  So I downloaded the newest version, wrote down my seed, and made a new address to send my coins to.  I then opened the 0.4.3 wallet but it says my coins aren't there anymore.  Is that because they weren't part of the HD wallet with the seed? Anything I can do?

I'm trying to get to the 0.4.3 wallet that I loaded my coins into and send them to my new address in the new wallet.  That way they will be backed up by the seed for the new wallet.  However, all my 0.4.3. wallets say 0 peers and 0 coins

When you load a legacy wallet,  you get a ton of new addresses, and the legacy coins don't get backed up to the seed. To get the coins backed up to the seed, all you need to do is send your entire balance to yourself using a new address from the wallet. If it says 'transaction too large', send a smaller transaction, and then send increasingly larger transactions until you are sending the whole balance.

At some point in the (probably not near) future, we'll be adding a button or feature that automatically moves all of the coins to a seed address.

OS X: still no wallet.json (latest version - 0.4.eight). This is a problem for me.

On the 'Sia' executable, right-click and there should be an option like "open pacakge contents" or something. Click on that, and then follow the folder structure to app/Sia/wallet/wallet.json.

======

Because this forum is just 1 thread, it's hard for me to follow along and be sure that I'm answering everybodies questions. Especially if you feel like your question hasn't been answered satisfactorily, it will be easier for me and the other people helping out if you ask the question at https://forum.sia.tech.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
November 01, 2015, 05:46:06 PM
Where can I trade siafunds?

How can one import Siafunds into the GUI wallet?

Please post step by step instructions.  Grin

You're going to want to be in the #trading channel on our slack. You can get an invite to the slack at https://slackin.sia.tech

There is currently no siafund support in the GUI, siafunds can be used through the cli only.

----

0a. Don't run 0.3.3.x software. Doing so risks triggering bugs that can destroy coins.
0b. Create backups of everything before loading anything. Don't delete any backups until you are 100% sure that the coins have been properly recovered.
1. Find the wallet.dat file that has the coins. Make sure that you grab the most recent one - backups may not contain all of the coins. (It's okay to try loading both the most recent one and the backup one)
2. Load the wallet in to the 0.4.x software. In the GUI, there's a 'load legacy wallet' button you can use. With siac, you can use the 'siac wallet load 033x' command.
3. When asked for a password, provide the password for the 0.4.x wallet. The 033x wallet is unencrypted, you are being asked for a password so the 033x wallet can be encrypted.
4. repeat for every wallet and backup that you find. It's okay to load the same wallet multiple times, and to load the wallets in any order.
5. After loading all of the files, restart Sia. Make sure that 'siad' closes all the way, you may need to kill it in the task manager.

As long as you follow step 0a and 0b correctly, you have no risk of losing coins, even if you mess up on the later steps.

Thanks Taek.

How do we get the coins from the legacy wallet into part of the seed backup? I think a lot of people don't realize that they won't be backed up.  And is the wallet.json file necessary to backup if you have written down your seed?

Also are there anymore passwords besides to encrypt the wallet besides the seed that is given when first opening the wallet?

thanks!

Also do you know when mac builds will be available? When I unzip the 0.4.6. it's just the 0.4.4 version. thanks

The Windows version is the same way.  Downloaded file says 0.4.6 but once you unzip it  the file name is 0.4.4 and the about page in the gui says 0.4.4.

I used the upload legacy function for the 0.4.3 version I think.  But all my coins aren't backed up by my seed.  So I downloaded the newest version, wrote down my seed, and made a new address to send my coins to.  I then opened the 0.4.3 wallet but it says my coins aren't there anymore.  Is that because they weren't part of the HD wallet with the seed? Anything I can do?

I'm trying to get to the 0.4.3 wallet that I loaded my coins into and send them to my new address in the new wallet.  That way they will be backed up by the seed for the new wallet.  However, all my 0.4.3. wallets say 0 peers and 0 coins
Activity: 671
Merit: 505
November 01, 2015, 01:55:28 PM
OS X: still no wallet.json (latest version - 0.4.eight). This is a problem for me.
Activity: 560
Merit: 255
November 01, 2015, 01:46:44 PM
is any FPGA miner?
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
November 01, 2015, 11:39:04 AM

You're going to want to be in the #trading channel on our slack. You can get an invite to the slack at https://slackin.sia.tech

There is currently no siafund support in the GUI, siafunds can be used through the cli only.

----

What is "the cli"?

"Command Line Interface" --- on Windows it's "Command Prompt", on Mac it's "Terminal"
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
November 01, 2015, 11:12:45 AM

----

What is "the cli"?
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
F#
October 31, 2015, 05:09:38 PM
forget wallet password  Cry
Activity: 129
October 30, 2015, 05:54:19 AM

----

Thanks Taek.

How do we get the coins from the legacy wallet into part of the seed backup? I think a lot of people don't realize that they won't be backed up.  And is the wallet.json file necessary to backup if you have written down your seed?

Also are there anymore passwords besides to encrypt the wallet besides the seed that is given when first opening the wallet?

thanks!

Also do you know when mac builds will be available? When I unzip the 0.4.6. it's just the 0.4.4 version. thanks

The Windows version is the same way.  Downloaded file says 0.4.6 but once you unzip it  the file name is 0.4.4 and the about page in the gui says 0.4.4.
Activity: 130
October 30, 2015, 01:45:15 AM

----

Thanks Taek.

thanks!

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 29, 2015, 06:09:18 PM

I'll wait until you add it to the GUI.  When's that going to be?
legendary
October 29, 2015, 04:08:46 PM
So.. tried to use this migration option..   (yes, it was synced)

October 29, 2015, 03:28:07 PM

----

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
October 29, 2015, 02:57:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 29, 2015, 07:58:42 AM

Please post step by step instructions.  Grin
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
October 29, 2015, 06:47:43 AM
Hi,  I have siafunds in a client 0.3X sia

I have not moved for fear of losing, Is there any safe way to move a client 0.4?

What files have to save the client 0.3X ?, I think I not had Password

anks a lot

PD: Is there a browser to verify siafunds?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 28, 2015, 02:03:55 PM
Teak any idea how to make a promo campaign?
Or its not time for it?
Jump to: