Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 376. (Read 1382190 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
October 28, 2015, 01:50:25 PM
Hi I apologize but I am still greatly confused on how to get my coins to the new 0.4 wallets without losing any coins.  So I first download the wallet and when I unlock it it has a list of words for me to write down.  Do I need to make any additional passwords?

If I then import my legacy wallet from 0.3 you are saying that all those coins aren't in the backup? I don't think that is clear to users and will cause more people to lose coins.  How can I get all my coins into the new 0.4.6 wallet that are all backed up by the seed? And in addition I should also backup the wallet.json file and the list of words?

I'd also like to request that mac builds be released when windows and linux are.  Last time there was a big release and price shot up the mac download wasn't working.  And right now the 0.4.6 mac download when I unzip it is just the old 0.4.4 release.  I'm a mac user please don't forget about me!

Thanks
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 28, 2015, 10:09:26 AM
I'm fallowing Sia from long time, and im really happy to see progress and dev involved. Its impressive.
Keep it up Smiley
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 27, 2015, 11:01:30 AM
Announcement: We're having a competition to see who can create the best backup tool.

Official rules here: http://forum.sia.tech/topic/15/decentralize-your-data-round-1-data-backup-competition
October 26, 2015, 11:21:20 AM
Ya know, I might spend more time mucking around with the 20 different ways I can "monkey" my $500 TROUBLE-FREE router...
But your project has such a long history of serious bugs that the risk/benefit is negatively skewed by orders of magnitude...
I've tried 2-3 different things and may have forwarded port 9982 correctly... and it still won't "announce"... who knows?

What exactly are the errors you are having?

Most crypto projects don't require you to forward ports because they don't have users that need to open connections with you. For most crypto projects, it's okay if nobody can initiate connections with you because you can just initiate connections with them. On Sia however, hosting requires other users to be able to initiate connections with you. The hosting part makes Sia special in terms of it's requirements for port forwarding. You don't need to mess with the router if you aren't going to be a host.
October 26, 2015, 11:12:51 AM
help please.

i tried to sent my siacoins from polo to my wallet. Now it says on polo: Complete: Error  and it looks my coins are gone  Undecided
Can anybody help me. I also tried to find it on the blockexplorer but i don´t know how to use it (where can i search my adress?).

Damn....  normally i send 1 coin first to be sure everything works fine.

Open a support ticket with poloniex.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
October 26, 2015, 02:43:12 AM
help please.

i tried to sent my siacoins from polo to my wallet. Now it says on polo: Complete: Error  and it looks my coins are gone  Undecided
Can anybody help me. I also tried to find it on the blockexplorer but i don´t know how to use it (where can i search my adress?).

This is a problem that turns up sometimes on pol; you need to contact support and they'll reset the transaction. You shouldn't have lost anything.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
October 25, 2015, 09:48:00 PM
This coin is like maid?
Is it working?

It is similar to maid but only focusing on cloud storage right now.
It is working.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
October 25, 2015, 05:15:35 PM
help please.

Oh wow,,, hmmm I hope Poli has the newer wallets j/k  lol what wallet are you using?

Ya I always test every coin with a small amount.  Shocked

v0.4.6

man, bad luck with coins last few months Sad

Have you tried looking for your TX here?

http://explore.sia.tech/
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2015, 04:34:59 PM
help please.

Oh wow,,, hmmm I hope Poli has the newer wallets j/k  lol what wallet are you using?

v0.4.6

man, bad luck with coins last few months Sad
October 25, 2015, 04:24:51 PM
help please.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
October 25, 2015, 03:52:50 PM
This coin is like maid?
Is it working?

Not like maid, more like storj.
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2015, 03:32:46 PM
help please.

Activity: 354
October 25, 2015, 03:32:33 PM
This coin is like maid?
Is it working?
October 25, 2015, 03:20:04 PM
Ya same sync problem here. Going to just stick with 4.6 for the time being  Smiley
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
October 25, 2015, 02:12:20 PM
hi all ! Sia v0.4.7 doesn't sync. Opened bug report
https://forum.sia.tech/topic/14/sia-sync-problems
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
October 25, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
Trying to import wallet.dat 4.4.6 from 3.3.3 asks for a password.
3.3.3 was not locked and a password is needed Huh
Have you synced 4.6 all the way and then unlocked the new wallet first (and generated a password), then try importing legacy wallet.

However with the fork, I am not sure if legacy wallet 3.3.3 will import as it would before the fork... just some thoughts  Smiley

unlocked asks password? What should I enter a password? I did not set any passwords.
If I have to create a password, it is still not recognized.
Thanks for the help
I think by default the password is the same as the seed phrase.
It's a long list of random words.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
October 25, 2015, 10:44:58 AM
someone have problems with syncing 0.4.7 ?

yes. stoped syncing, and restart give an error: "siad exited with code:0" and not sync.

same here!

Yep, same here. Try clearing out the Sia-UI-v0.4.7-beta-win64\resources\app\Sia\consensus\consensus.db and restarting. I couldn't be bothered waiting for it to resync and managed to copy the version I had from the 0.4.4 wallet and it was compatible with 0.4.7.

edit: i'm on windows 8.1

There's also a few people on slack experiencing the same issue, while the devs look into a fix here's a windows consensus.db from snake on slack http://pixeldra.in/u/hy_OeF extract the .zip then place the file within your consensus subfolder of sia
Activity: 272
October 25, 2015, 07:30:53 AM

In windows version (v. 0.4.x) someone find a block in last days ?

Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
October 25, 2015, 07:03:57 AM
someone have problems with syncing 0.4.7 ?

yes. stoped syncing, and restart give an error: "siad exited with code:0" and not sync.

same here!

Yep, same here. Try clearing out the Sia-UI-v0.4.7-beta-win64\resources\app\Sia\consensus\consensus.db and restarting. I couldn't be bothered waiting for it to resync and managed to copy the version I had from the 0.4.4 wallet and it was compatible with 0.4.7.

edit: i'm on windows 8.1
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
October 25, 2015, 05:18:08 AM
All figured out, thank you)
Jump to: