Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 395. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
September 15, 2015, 11:06:44 AM
Sorry guys I was at the Bitcoin scalability conference (really cool btw) and I missed a lot of things. If there's anything you still need help with, you should post again.

can someone explain this?
Code:
A lock was held for too long, id '29164'. Call stack:
        File: '/home/luke/go/src/github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/modules/consensus/synchronize.go:74'
        File: '/home/luke/go/src/github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/modules/consensus/accept.go:231'
A lock was held until deadlock, subsequent call to unlock failed. id '29164'. Call stack:
        File: '/home/luke/go/src/github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/modules/consensus/synchronize.go:80'
        File: '/home/luke/go/src/github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/modules/consensus/accept.go:231'
As far as I remember I used "siac stop" before I shut down my computer yesterday. (Windows 10)

That happens when you unlock the wallet while a block is being processed. It's unrelated to database corruption. This should be fixed in 0.4.3
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
September 15, 2015, 10:36:02 AM
can someone explain this?
Code:
A lock was held for too long, id '29164'. Call stack:
        File: '/home/luke/go/src/github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/modules/consensus/synchronize.go:74'
A lock was held until deadlock, subsequent call to unlock failed. id '29164'. Call stack:
        File: '/home/luke/go/src/github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/modules/consensus/synchronize.go:80'
As far as I remember I used "siac stop" before I shut down my computer yesterday. (Windows 10)
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
September 15, 2015, 08:54:08 AM
when will we have a mac wallet that works so I can announce my HD space without getting an error message?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
September 15, 2015, 07:54:41 AM
Can someone who is minning Siacoin contact me via pm?
I would be grateful.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 15, 2015, 07:27:08 AM
Ok, to stop siad on W7: NOT USING TASK MANAGER

Using CMD prompt, change directory (cd) to - example command line: cd C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\resources\app\Sia   (or wherever you have you SIA 4.2 directory) in my case it is on my desktop.

Then type: siac stop

Got the message: Sia daemon stopped

Restarted wallet, unlocked it, all good.

Just not sure if I did not do the above step to close siad, and I do a PC restart will that corrupt file again? I don't feel like testing that lol.... in the event of a power failure, PC shut down etc. that could result in corrupt files again.... we will need a better way to totally close siad in the future so there is NO risk of corruption in any way  Wink

You can shift+right click the SIA folder and open a command prompt with the location already set.

Or just make a batch file.
Activity: 546
September 15, 2015, 07:23:37 AM
I'll bite. Got at least 10 TB laying around unused.
Activity: 664
September 15, 2015, 04:21:14 AM
How mining of SIA? Where to take the instruction? There is mining pools for SIA?
Give detailed links.

See the mining Sia section in this article - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zNpAct53E_5p4KO3_-ZOrg5N9HQw8ACTQ7zAyksSIf8/mobilebasic?pli=1

Mining pool is coming soon. Devs are working on it.

Thanks.
Information hasn't enough.
Where it is possible to see samples of .bat and .conf of files?
Activity: 763
September 14, 2015, 09:15:53 PM
How mining of SIA? Where to take the instruction? There is mining pools for SIA?
Give detailed links.

See the mining Sia section in this article - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zNpAct53E_5p4KO3_-ZOrg5N9HQw8ACTQ7zAyksSIf8/mobilebasic?pli=1

Mining pool is coming soon. Devs are working on it.
September 14, 2015, 04:10:13 PM
What is necessary for mining solo? Give the instruction.
legendary
Activity: 2198
September 14, 2015, 02:33:34 PM
Give detailed links.

If the developer make make a python module for the algorithm I can add it to my pool. 
I know there is plans for a pool, but its on the back burner while other areas of development take priority. Mining is all solo since launch. I have mined on xpool before, all good. I'm sure in time everyone would be glad to see you and others get involved. Stayed tuned in here. Taek is the lead dev for SIA.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
September 14, 2015, 02:21:36 PM
Give detailed links.

If the developer make make a python module for the algorithm I can add it to my pool. 
September 14, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
Give detailed links.
legendary
September 14, 2015, 12:34:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
September 14, 2015, 11:59:47 AM
is this minable with X11???
Activity: 1
Activity: 803
September 14, 2015, 07:15:41 AM
Hello,

I'm trying siacoin. It looks very promising.

But I have a few questions:

- where do I save the files I download with the client? And how can I change the directory?
- Is mining the standard-operation with siacoin?

Thank you!
Activity: 26
September 14, 2015, 06:43:56 AM
Sia blockchain explorer web site is back online.

http://explore.siacoin.com/
legendary
September 13, 2015, 07:00:30 PM

Using CMD prompt, change directory (cd) to, example command line: cd C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\resources\app\Sia   (or wherever you have you SIA 4.2 directory) in my case it is on my desktop.

Just not sure if I did not do the above step to close siad, and I do a PC restart will that corrupt file again? I don't feel like testing that lol.... in the event of a power failure, PC shut down etc. that could result in corrupt files again.... we will need a better way to totally close siad in the future so there is NO risk of corruption in any way  Wink

Yeah, good question. I'd use Siac to avoid the possible inconvenience, which is what it is. I don't like the fact that I have two wallet files, one for the imported wallet and one for the new. I wonder if I should just send all my coins associated with the imported address to the new seed associated address. Hm... maybe do a few tests first.
IDK what to say on that one myself, not sure of the differences it may have?  I still have the bulk of my coins sitting in a separate laptop on 0.3.3.3 until I feel 110% confident in 4.2. I had a few hundred coins in the legacy wallet (0.3) I imported from, into 4.2 for testing. All seems to be ok, and I have sent a few of those coins to Poli as well from 4.2. Let us know what you find out if you test that out  Smiley

What OS do you use?
legendary
Activity: 938
September 13, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Using CMD prompt, change directory (cd) to, example command line: cd C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\resources\app\Sia   (or wherever you have you SIA 4.2 directory) in my case it is on my desktop.

Yeah, good question. I'd use Siac to avoid the possible inconvenience, which is what it is. I don't like the fact that I have two wallet files, one for the imported wallet and one for the new. I wonder if I should just send all my coins associated with the imported address to the new seed associated address. Hm... maybe do a few tests first.
legendary
September 13, 2015, 02:20:48 PM

Using CMD prompt, change directory (cd) to - example command line: cd C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\Sia-UI-v0.4.2-beta-win64\resources\app\Sia   (or wherever you have you SIA 4.2 directory) in my case it is on my desktop.

Jump to: