Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 427. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 03, 2015, 07:07:35 AM
actually trying the miner (linux) but every time the whole system is crashing after some seconds, anyone else experienced this?

which version? if on linux, better compile the latest git version yourself.

that's a good idea ty, ok now it looks like it works, linux is ubuntu 14.01 (64bit).

was happy to early, frozed directly after i posted it, also while mining is active, it makes some graphical errors on my screen until it finally freezes.
will try it again when i have some free time.

You have to play around with the miner settings. Increasing -I gives you more hashrate but also makes your computer less stable. Increasing -C is good to a point but it'll slow down the rate at which you get updates.

I think the readme on the repo is fairly comprehensive at this point.

tried it, also with standard settings (here it is -I 16, yes i read the repo Wink ), but it freezes no matter what i do, all other processes running well (as example also mining and other things).
are the settings enough, i have 2 gpus (both amd)

for the first gpu as example (every miner thread in a seperate terminal):
    - export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
    - export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
    - sia_miner -d 0

i tried the precompiled version and also tried the self compilated executable.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
July 03, 2015, 03:53:02 AM
I just bought some SIA and the seller (Vampire Sumy) gave me an extra 5KS (5000 SIA) as a test transfer. Soooo.. if anyone is curious and wants some SIA to play with let me know. I will give 1000 SIA (1KS) to the first 5 that PM me with their addresses. I encourage you to actually use it to rent from a host. Please DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS HERE. PM me.  Smiley

good idea: I can share some spare KS as well.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 03, 2015, 02:41:51 AM
I just bought some SIA and the seller (Vampire Sumy) gave me an extra 5KS (5000 SIA) as a test transfer. Soooo.. if anyone is curious and wants some SIA to play with let me know. I will give 1000 SIA (1KS) to the first 5 that PM me with their addresses. I encourage you to actually use it to rent from a host. Please DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS HERE. PM me.  Smiley
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
July 03, 2015, 02:28:04 AM
How many siacoin can i generate with a 16 core cpu machine?
without pool you get nothing... You chance to find a block near to zero Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
July 02, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

not much at all with todays hashrate ...

#crysx
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
July 02, 2015, 10:43:43 PM
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
July 02, 2015, 05:21:53 PM
actually trying the miner (linux) but every time the whole system is crashing after some seconds, anyone else experienced this?

that's a good idea ty, ok now it looks like it works, linux is ubuntu 14.01 (64bit).

was happy to early, frozed directly after i posted it, also while mining is active, it makes some graphical errors on my screen until it finally freezes.

You have to play around with the miner settings. Increasing -I gives you more hashrate but also makes your computer less stable. Increasing -C is good to a point but it'll slow down the rate at which you get updates.

I think the readme on the repo is fairly comprehensive at this point.
July 02, 2015, 05:48:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
July 01, 2015, 11:58:26 PM
as for me,  at first we need new block explorer for clear transactions

same here ...

taek and his team are working on all of this ...

i think the only thing they need right now are bug reports and 'time' without much pressure - just so they can focus on what needs to be done ...

its a good project ... quite impressed so far - but quite a few things need to be implemented after quite a few bugs get squashed ...

#crysx
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
July 01, 2015, 06:08:13 PM
as for me,  at first we need new block explorer for clear transactions
July 01, 2015, 11:55:27 AM
I'm running this:

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.3.3.3-beta

On linux 64 bits.

After some time, the UI gets "empty", i.e. it doesn't update so you can see the content of the previous window which was there, then eventually becomes just all white.
The daemon is still running normally, though.

hmm. That hasn't been a problem for me, I've been running the UI continuously since launch.

We're rebuilding the UI from scratch right now, it'll be at least partially ready in 0.4.0, more announcements on that will be ready in a few weeks.
July 01, 2015, 08:54:30 AM

legendary
Black Belt Developer
July 01, 2015, 08:33:31 AM

July 01, 2015, 08:15:30 AM

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
July 01, 2015, 07:13:33 AM
I'm running this:

On linux 64 bits.

After some time, the UI gets "empty", i.e. it doesn't update so you can see the content of the previous window which was there, then eventually becomes just all white.

I can confirm this. Same platform, same whiteout happening.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
July 01, 2015, 04:59:22 AM
I'm running this:

On linux 64 bits.

Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
June 30, 2015, 11:22:44 PM
so whats going on with sia?

any movement?

I cant find a good thread with some info and update.

come here

http://siatalk-slackin.herokuapp.com
Activity: 728
June 30, 2015, 10:54:11 PM
so whats going on with sia?

any movement?

I cant find a good thread with some info and update.
Activity: 301
June 30, 2015, 06:51:30 PM
Is it okay if I don't do anything with the siafunds for now or is it necessary to make a new address and transfer them over? My siafunds are still in the original address I redeemed the sianotes with and I'd rather leave them there if possible.

Can someone please answer this ?

I'm also more inclined to keeping my siafunds untouched until there are safer/easier ways to transfer them.

It's completely fine to keep your siafunds in the address you've currently got them in. As long as you keep your private keys, there's no need to move them around.

Thanks Taek.  Do we have a siafund wallet yet?

Yes, instructions here: http://siacoin.com/siafunds-alpha.html

They are command-line only, and it's still got some sharp corners. There's not a testnet yet to try things out on. As long as you follow the instructions carefully, you'll be fine but if you don't mind waiting, we hope to have UI + wallet integration in 0.4.0.
Then, to verify that an address has siafunds expect to 4.0 without fear of losing
June 30, 2015, 03:13:04 PM
Is it okay if I don't do anything with the siafunds for now or is it necessary to make a new address and transfer them over? My siafunds are still in the original address I redeemed the sianotes with and I'd rather leave them there if possible.

Can someone please answer this ?

I'm also more inclined to keeping my siafunds untouched until there are safer/easier ways to transfer them.

It's completely fine to keep your siafunds in the address you've currently got them in. As long as you keep your private keys, there's no need to move them around.

Thanks Taek.  Do we have a siafund wallet yet?

Yes, instructions here: http://siacoin.com/siafunds-alpha.html

They are command-line only, and it's still got some sharp corners. There's not a testnet yet to try things out on. As long as you follow the instructions carefully, you'll be fine but if you don't mind waiting, we hope to have UI + wallet integration in 0.4.0.
Jump to: