Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 428. (Read 1382189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
June 30, 2015, 12:41:39 PM
Upgrading instructions:

Thanks Taek.  Do we have a siafund wallet yet?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
June 30, 2015, 10:26:43 AM
What hash rate do you guys get from a r9 290? And which settings?

870-880 Mh.

Code:
@echo off
setx GPU_DEVICE_ORDINAL ""
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

start sia-gpu-miner -d 0 -I 23
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 30, 2015, 09:48:56 AM
Is it okay if I don't do anything with the siafunds for now or is it necessary to make a new address and transfer them over? My siafunds are still in the original address I redeemed the sianotes with and I'd rather leave them there if possible.

Can someone please answer this ?

I'm also more inclined to keeping my siafunds untouched until there are safer/easier ways to transfer them.
Activity: 29
June 30, 2015, 08:20:21 AM
What hash rate do you guys get from a r9 290? And which settings?
Activity: 14
June 30, 2015, 06:32:13 AM
I see that siac is back in the Sia folder...

When I run the following command in command line
siac miner status

I get the info for CPU mining.

I was wondering if there was another similar command for the GPU mining? I want to check and make sure my mining is actually registering/working as it should be.
Still haven't mined a block and I've been going at it pretty strong for a while (1-2 gigahashes/sec).

"siac miner" will tell you if you mined a block succesfully with both cpu and gpu.
in order to be sure mining is working correctly, you need to wait until you find a block.
with your hashrate, you could mine a block a day or less.

On another note, anyone know the best mining GPU to use for SIA? (if electricity is not a problem)

with an r9 290x you can reach 1.1 Gh/s with overclocking.

1.25 here!
wolf0
How did you do it
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
June 30, 2015, 05:45:54 AM

siac miner status

I was wondering if there was another similar command for the GPU mining? I want to check and make sure my mining is actually registering/working as it should be.
Still haven't mined a block and I've been going at it pretty strong for a while (1-2 gigahashes/sec).

"siac miner" will tell you if you mined a block succesfully with both cpu and gpu.
in order to be sure mining is working correctly, you need to wait until you find a block.

On another note, anyone know the best mining GPU to use for SIA? (if electricity is not a problem)

1.25 here!

Did you do any precalculations on cpu? I did some experiments and can't get anything good out of it.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
June 30, 2015, 05:45:07 AM
With which miner?

mine or git (a little lower)
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
June 30, 2015, 05:05:58 AM
With which miner?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
June 30, 2015, 04:18:31 AM

siac miner status

Activity: 43
June 29, 2015, 07:36:40 PM

siac miner status

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 29, 2015, 06:29:59 PM
I opened the new sia version and let it update.  I then closed it and quit siad.  Then I pasted the wallet folder from my desktop to my home folder and deleted the new wallet folder.

0.3.3.3 doesn't use the home folder anymore.
June 29, 2015, 06:27:35 PM
Upgrading instructions:

1. turn off siad. If you are really paranoid, reboot your computer to achieve this.
2. back up all wallets. make sure siad is not running when you back up your wallets
3. download 0.3.3.3 from github and put it in a new folder. do not run it yet
4. copy (or merge, both are fine) the most recent wallet into the wallet folder of 0.3.3.3 put it in the folder containing the executable, home folder will not work anymore
5. start running 0.3.3.3, never run 0.3.3.2 again.

There is a hard fork coming in the next few days, and everyone (especially miners) needs to upgrade.

If you do the backup wallets step correctly (back up wallets while siad is not running, and then do not upload/mine/host/make transactions until you have all of your coins again), then I can help you recover your coins if you mess up on another step.

Please follow these instructions carefully, and you will be able to upgrade without losing coins.

Sorry for the hassle, the upgrade process for 0.4.0 will be much simpler.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 29, 2015, 04:46:24 PM
I made sure siad wasn't running and then I copied and backed up to my desktop the wallet folder from inside the sia folder (old version).
I opened the new sia version and let it update.  I then closed it and quit siad.  Then I pasted the wallet folder from my desktop to my home folder and deleted the new wallet folder.  I opened the updated sia but it says I have 0 coins.  What did I do wrong?

What I did is that after running the new version for a little bit, I replaced the wallet.dat with the old wallet.dat in both client folder and home folder. I also replaced the database (I think it is called chain.xx in the client folder) with the old one. Then I restarted the client. As soon as the blockchain was updated I saw my coins showed up.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
June 29, 2015, 02:13:34 PM
Is it okay if I don't do anything with the siafunds for now or is it necessary to make a new address and transfer them over? My siafunds are still in the original address I redeemed the sianotes with and I'd rather leave them there if possible.

Edit: I also just tried to update to 0.3.3.3 and I think I may have lost my coins but I'm hoping it's the same problem I had as last time.

I made sure siad wasn't running and then I copied and backed up to my desktop the wallet folder from inside the sia folder (old version).
I opened the new sia version and let it update.  I then closed it and quit siad.  Then I pasted the wallet folder from my desktop to my home folder and deleted the new wallet folder.  I opened the updated sia but it says I have 0 coins.  What did I do wrong?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 28, 2015, 05:31:28 PM
Quick offer: Selling 35m at only 0.18 btc / Million - offer valid for maximum of 30 minutes (post will be deleted in max 30 minutes)
Any bites yet? lol  Grin

offer gone as announced
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 28, 2015, 05:26:43 PM
Quick offer: Selling 35m at only 0.18 btc / Million - offer valid for maximum of 30 minutes (post will be deleted in max 30 minutes)
Any bites yet? lol  Grin
June 28, 2015, 02:39:10 PM
the network hash for the last 25 blocks swings around like crazy going + or - 100-200ghs per 1 block added.

I wonder if this is normal since the value it is reporting is for the last 25 blocks (it's an average of 25 blocks!).. wouldn't that mean that in order for you to get a swing of 100-200gh/s the network would have to actually have increased/decreased tremendously within the time span of mining a single block?

Block mining variance is very high, which is why we removed the '10 blocks' value. 10 blocks thrashed so much that it was almost worthless as a metric. 25 blocks suffers from much of the same issue, and the apparent hashrate could change significantly even if the actual hashrate is not moving around very much.

100-200ghs seems a little much to me, my guess is that the hashrate actually IS adjusting a lot right now (some farm is probably moving power on and off as it suits them - perhaps they are mining multiple coins at the same time and keep switching which one they mine based on profitability).  100 blocks is a much better approximation of the current hashrate. I think it's safe to say the network has jumped to at least 400 GH/s.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 28, 2015, 12:32:19 PM
Network Hashrate goes UP rapidly  Shocked

No kidding.

I've noticed on http://explore.siacoin.com/
the network hash for the last 25 blocks swings around like crazy going + or - 100-200ghs per 1 block added.

I wonder if this is normal since the value it is reporting is for the last 25 blocks (it's an average of 25 blocks!).. wouldn't that mean that in order for you to get a swing of 100-200gh/s the network would have to actually have increased/decreased tremendously within the time span of mining a single block?

Is that realistic? Or am I interpreting this wrong? (I know I very well could be).

P.S. It would be really nice if someone could compile the latest gpu miner for windows 64bit/zip it and post it for us windows people please Smiley

https://github.com/droghio/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/tag/1.02j

I think you are looking for this..
Activity: 43
June 28, 2015, 12:28:38 PM
Network Hashrate goes UP rapidly  Shocked

No kidding.

I've noticed on http://explore.siacoin.com/

Is that realistic? Or am I interpreting this wrong? (I know I very well could be).

P.S. It would be really nice if someone could compile the latest gpu miner for windows 64bit/zip it and post it for us windows people please Smiley
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
June 28, 2015, 08:57:51 AM
Network Hashrate goes UP rapidly  Shocked
Jump to: