Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 76. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
April 07, 2018, 02:42:41 PM
I understand that correctly, when the wallet is done with the synchronization of Blockchain and I am asked to enter my password, I should once again enter the seed.
Once again all the words ...

Yes, paste the seed again (the 29 words)... Your old password does not work anymore when you delete the wallet

If you want to use a custom password again, you can create it AFTER unlocking your wallet with the sed the first time
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
April 07, 2018, 02:15:00 PM
I understand that correctly, when the wallet is done with the synchronization of Blockchain and I am asked to enter my password, I should once again enter the seed.
Once again all the words ...
April 07, 2018, 02:05:42 PM
It worked. I have entered all the words of the seed.
Scanning the Blockchain...

Now the scanning is done and I should enter my password. I did this. Now comes the message

Wallet Locked

Enter your wallet password to unlock the wallet.

Unlock
error when calling /wallet/unlock: provided encryption key is incorrect

I'm sure I entered the correct password for the wallet. I had always signed up with this password until yesterday. That is impossible. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks Hakkane, for your time...

No, don't use your password: use your recovery seed again to unlock it. When deleting the wallet, the password get deleted too. The password is something local, the seed is global

Unlock first using your seed again and then set up a new custom password if you want
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
April 07, 2018, 01:55:34 PM
Your vision is great. Good luck!
April 07, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
It worked. I have entered all the words of the seed.
Scanning the Blockchain...

Now the scanning is done and I should enter my password. I did this. Now comes the message

Wallet Locked

Unlock

I'm sure I entered the correct password for the wallet. I had always signed up with this password until yesterday. That is impossible. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks Hakkane, for your time...

April 07, 2018, 01:05:30 PM
I entered the command in the wallet. Left at Terminal. Then below in the input bar

Then that error message is weird... but there is another way to nuke the wallet and recover the previous one with the seed.

1 - In "About" click on "Show Sia folders" and in the folder that pops up go to "sia" (alternatively, the folder path in Windows is C:/Users/your_user/appdata/roaming/Sia-UI/sia).

2 - Close Sia completely (in Windows, click close on the system try icon)

3 - In the folder you open, delete or rename the "wallet" subfolder. As long as no folder with the name "wallet" remains you are good

4 - Open Sia again and and click on load a wallet (the icon is an old key, iirc)

5 - Use your recovery seed when prompted. Be patient, the re-scanning of the blockchain can take something between 10 minutes and 1 hour
April 07, 2018, 12:32:13 PM
I entered the command in the wallet. Left at Terminal. Then below in the input bar
April 07, 2018, 12:26:13 PM
I have now entered init-seed --force at Terminal. In the middle is now something with Error

Error: unknown command "init-seed" for "C:\\Users\\...................

Are you trying to introduce the command in a Terminal of Windows or in the Terminal of the Sia-UI? What I meant is using the Terminal included in the UI: there is a tab in the left side of the UI that says "Terminal" use the command "wallet init-seed --force" there and if a prompt pops up asking you for a seed or password, use the recovery seed
April 07, 2018, 12:23:16 PM
Money, money for what. Is this a forum where you can exchange views. Which I am very grateful but money, sorry  Huh Is this normal for you?

I have now entered init-seed --force at Terminal. In the middle is now something with Error

Error: unknown command "init-seed" for "C:\\Users\\...................

Activity: 91
April 07, 2018, 12:17:07 PM
can I GET MONEY ?
April 07, 2018, 12:14:25 PM
All words entered correctly, I have, with single space. Yes, I think that happened. In the many attempts, I have created a new wallet. What exactly do I have to do now?
init-seed --force enter in the line at terminal, right? and then?
April 07, 2018, 11:34:28 AM
So, I have tried it now. I entered all words. It does not work. It stands there...

Wallet Locked

Unlock

Check that you are introducing 29 words, with a single space between them, no missing words, no extra spaces or line breaks. Check all the words make sense in English.

Also, it is possible during your attempts you created a new wallet, so Sia is expecting you to introduce the new seed, not the old one. If that is the case you need to delete the current wallet and initialize a new one with the seed you have. For this, go to the Terminal tab of the UI and type
Code:
wallet init-seed --force
. Anytime it prompts you for a password, introduce your recovery seed.

what is your telegram ?

Sia does not have any official Telegram group. If you find one claiming to be the official, it is a scam, most probably a fake pump&dump group.
Activity: 98
April 07, 2018, 11:22:36 AM
what is your telegram ?
April 07, 2018, 11:20:09 AM
So, I have tried it now. I entered all words. It does not work. It stands there...

Wallet Locked

Unlock

April 07, 2018, 10:56:25 AM
Thanks for the answer. Do I understand this in the right manner. If I'm asked for the password, I should enter the seed. Everything? All words?
April 07, 2018, 10:25:56 AM
Hi, I want to try my luck here once. I hope someone of you can help me. I'm from Germany. In Germany in the forum nobody knows or nobody is there.
Can someone tell me how to restore my Sia Ui Wallet? What exactly do I have to do? What do I have to enter where? If possible please explain exactly. I do not have much experience with the Sia Wallet yet or generally with crypto currencies. I'm only a short time.
Sorry for my not so good english Roll Eyes

Nothing works at the moment. The wallet no longer accepts my password. I can not log in anymore. I think it wanted to create a new Sia Wallet. I broke it off. Now he does not recognize my old one anymore ...

Looks like that accidentally you or the software deleted the wallet folder. It is not an issue as long as you keep the recovery seed (the sequence of 29 words). After loading Sia, whenever it asks you for a password, type the seed. Afterwards you can create a new custom password.

But in general remember that:
- Password: only valid for your local machine
- Recovery seed: valid in any computer on any future time. Forever
Activity: 1022
Merit: 340
April 07, 2018, 07:08:19 AM
I am greatly looking forward, can the actual big forex trading platform as soon as possible, leading to concern
And what gives in reality Forex and other financial official markets for cryptocurrencies? I that what I do not understand probably, but also waited for additions, many of community, and the beginning of the auction on futures. As a result waited and we see result of it now. It seems to me every day this market crypto loses decentralization.
April 07, 2018, 06:59:30 AM
Hi, I want to try my luck here once. I hope someone of you can help me. I'm from Germany. In Germany in the forum nobody knows or nobody is there.
Can someone tell me how to restore my Sia Ui Wallet? What exactly do I have to do? What do I have to enter where? If possible please explain exactly. I do not have much experience with the Sia Wallet yet or generally with crypto currencies. I'm only a short time.
Sorry for my not so good english Roll Eyes

Nothing works at the moment. The wallet no longer accepts my password. I can not log in anymore. I think it wanted to create a new Sia Wallet. I broke it off. Now he does not recognize my old one anymore ...
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
April 07, 2018, 04:37:02 AM
Is there a coinburn coming up for Siacoin ? I just read somewhere that it is scheduled for April 29 and 47.99% of total supply will be burnt. I would like if to confirm if this is a fact or just a rumor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/8a1rzs/warning_fake_sia_resources_trello_etc_are/

all major projects are being attacked by scammers, so this project, as a major one, is interesting to be scammed too
eyes open my friends

regards.

Why should there be any untrue news.
This will make many people who do not know the truth.
The Siacoin Developer should get it straight.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
April 06, 2018, 03:58:45 AM
Is there a coinburn coming up for Siacoin ? I just read somewhere that it is scheduled for April 29 and 47.99% of total supply will be burnt. I would like if to confirm if this is a fact or just a rumor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/8a1rzs/warning_fake_sia_resources_trello_etc_are/

all major projects are being attacked by scammers, so this project, as a major one, is interesting to be scammed too
eyes open my friends

regards.
Pages:
Jump to: