Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 77. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 159
April 05, 2018, 10:16:37 PM
The last that I read a couple of days ago, the chips manufacturer have sent them already the chips. They are functional (that's good) but they are still testing their final specifications. I am guessing they will publish an update soon. But considering there is an arms race between Obelisk and Bitmain, I won't be surprised if they decide to hide the final shipping date and specifications until the very moment they start shipping to keep the strategic advantage over Bitmain (I am sure they in turn have a "A3+" model on works aimed just to damage Obelisk)

If you want to stay in the loop I would recommend you joining the Discord of Obelisk: https://discord.gg/zt9JznT  Wink
It is good to hear such important news from you, Hakkane. I and Sia community eagerly waiting for ASICs from Obelisk over the last few months. Internally, Sia made a hardfork to implement new difficulty-adjustment algorithm, which help the Sia network to fight against difficulty blossom in the future when ASICs joined the mining party.
Hope all things will work fine for both Obelisk and Sia.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 05, 2018, 08:11:19 PM
Is there a coinburn coming up for Siacoin ? I just read somewhere that it is scheduled for April 29 and 47.99% of total supply will be burnt. I would like if to confirm if this is a fact or just a rumor.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 05, 2018, 05:30:04 PM
So is Sia-Tech still saying around the 1st of June 2018, for the miners to ship? Or has anything changed?

trying to stay more in the loop! (I've 5 of these 'hopefully not' doorstops in the wind) Sad

brad

The last that I read a couple of days ago, the chips manufacturer have sent them already the chips. They are functional (that's good) but they are still testing their final specifications. I am guessing they will publish an update soon. But considering there is an arms race between Obelisk and Bitmain, I won't be surprised if they decide to hide the final shipping date and specifications until the very moment they start shipping to keep the strategic advantage over Bitmain (I am sure they in turn have a "A3+" model on works aimed just to damage Obelisk)

If you want to stay in the loop I would recommend you joining the Discord of Obelisk: https://discord.gg/zt9JznT  Wink

No time..I'm 'obsessing' over my crypto hoards drop in value from $18k BTC...it is all encompassing my life Sad

I wish they would JUST fork ...if siacoin is MAINLY to be used by Sia-Tech for the network anyway...it would be a fine 'slap down' of Bitmain games...but then again....Sia-Tech

has the money for the obelisk units already...so they probably 'don't care' if Bitmain units are the main source of their network...so it is not a big deal to them, about their

own units being doorstops (I have 5 obelisk sc1's in the wind) ..thus the main thing I need to remember is for "doorstop use' keep them unopened in the box...they slide

easier...left in the cardboard box...

So yeah, pretty much doomed, by June of these Obelisk's being worth anything...as an example note the D3 units (x11 coin) are selling for $311 on the Bitmain site....IF you run

them at 10c kWh electric ..it is at a loss already...the next price they should go for is probably $180 on next go around... the same price will likely be at around JUNE for the

blake2b units by bitmain.

I suspect the sia-coin A3 will be going for around 550 usd on the next go around  and again by June....figure 300 bucks.....also likely delivered the 'next week' ..so that is a 2 month

advantage in these blake2b units and 2k savings compared to the

obelisks...arriving around June 1st 2018...so that boat sunk...IMHO...(with no fork that is..bitmain wins...sia-tech is ..meh! did not hurt us any...the rest of us 'screwed" for beliving

in Sia-Tech concept and getting their ASIC's back in the day Sad

Anyway, without a fork of siacoin...this is how it is gonna play out IMHO, Bitmain has 'too much manufacturing' ability for it to be otherwise..they will run their blake2b units like

'toasters' and again I figure the price by June first will be equivalent to the x11 D3 doorstop they sell...the bitmain blake2b units will be also around $311 by June 1st 2018 and

the 'supposed' shipping for the Obelisk Sc-1 units.

so yeah, IMHO, a fork would be our only chance to even 'approach' breaking even on Obelisk SC-1 units..

live an learn..chump or champ....crypto always drama

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
April 05, 2018, 04:47:10 PM
So is Sia-Tech still saying around the 1st of June 2018, for the miners to ship? Or has anything changed?

trying to stay more in the loop! (I've 5 of these 'hopefully not' doorstops in the wind) Sad

brad

If you want to stay in the loop I would recommend you joining the Discord of Obelisk: https://discord.gg/zt9JznT  Wink
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
April 05, 2018, 03:47:24 PM
I am greatly looking forward, can the actual big forex trading platform as soon as possible, leading to concern
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 04, 2018, 04:33:46 PM

brad
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
April 04, 2018, 08:24:35 AM
We are working on SIA
to List on Trade Satoshi Exchange,

Please Help Our Work.

Donate addresses:
Bitcoin: bc1qfrr764jqe768w2552w63renu8teszmxerlqsx5
Litecoin: ltc1q4hqk0mydu94fvsyn75gkmgvgm9nx3zwayff0ga
Eth: 0xa1d13a1638bf312b2a17ba9a35fb7dff3542b231

Maybe you should find some more trusted member to do collecting money for you?

a newbie scammer, do we have a moderator here?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
April 04, 2018, 06:42:25 AM
Decentralized forex trading platform is the tendency of upcoming cryptocurrency! Upon coin expenses, voting fees are excessive!
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
April 04, 2018, 06:28:08 AM
We are working on SIA

Please Help Our Work.

Donate addresses:

Fake exchange, and newbie account, yea right.
Activity: 196
April 03, 2018, 07:30:50 PM
~
Siacoin seems to have these good and bad cycles on approximately 6 months. Last spike was in January so we will need to wait till late May or June I think.
June or July will probably see exponential growth for the whole crypto market, not only for Siacoin. Let's wait and see what will happen.

From you mouth to Crypto Gods ears Cheesy
Its all a cycle, the whole cryptomarket grew to fast in the last months and then the newcomers started selling at every FUD&FOMO and crashed the price
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
April 03, 2018, 06:05:44 PM
i would not trust this at all. I think this is not very serious. If sia would want to collect some funds they will do this via there website or some offical channel
Activity: 378
Merit: 107
April 03, 2018, 06:02:49 PM
I think it's hard to believe a person who has just joined the forum and already asks to be sponsored. Who has other opinions and why?
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
April 03, 2018, 05:58:26 PM
We are working on SIA

Please Help Our Work.

Donate addresses:

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
April 03, 2018, 05:29:03 PM
SIA COIN will moon this year great project think we will see $ 0,50 very soon. end of year $ 1,00

Why such a forecast? Even bitcoin does not know what will happen, and the remaining coins very strongly repeat all the movements.

Just a shilling bagholder, ignore.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
April 03, 2018, 03:14:37 PM
SIA COIN will moon this year great project think we will see $ 0,50 very soon. end of year $ 1,00

Why such a forecast? Even bitcoin does not know what will happen, and the remaining coins very strongly repeat all the movements.
Activity: 66
April 03, 2018, 02:55:19 PM
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
April 03, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
If Sia loses the big region associated with Asia, I believe it is foolish. It is a really wrong choice for tanto.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
April 03, 2018, 12:38:40 PM
Hi folks! Please tell me if it's true that market space for some reason are going to accept sia and storj? Is it official or just rumors? Why do they do that?
Here is their link
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ico-is-complete-marketspace-decentralized-host-aggregator-2961359

Well according to their first post, they will be accepting sc and storj. What do you mean "why do they do that"? They are holding and ICO, they are free to accept whatever coin for whatever reason. They are probably trying to attract people interested in cloud storage, hence who might be already holding sc and/or storj.
Activity: 30
April 03, 2018, 12:28:12 PM
Hi folks! Please tell me if it's true that market space for some reason are going to accept sia and storj? Is it official or just rumors? Why do they do that?
Here is their link
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ico-is-complete-marketspace-decentralized-host-aggregator-2961359

As they say that's going to develop the market itself, dont know what they actually mean...
Activity: 66
April 03, 2018, 11:20:05 AM
Think end of this year Siacoin  $ 0,50

Let me know what you think of this super project.
Pages:
Jump to: