Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 82. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
March 26, 2018, 06:25:49 AM

For those running the sia backbone for storage, how it exists now, how is the interface? Is it working ok?

Anything of note coming to help you guys with this process soon?

Just lurking, not running any of this, just wondering if the interface has improved to at least

toss any comments of note to us NOT doing any of this...just seeing how this part of sia-tech's plan is working (or not so much)

brad

Hi, i run a host for now o er a year. Works without issues.

I heard the GUI sucks (compared to storj) and other user end issues putting it behind ...also did those minerbox's ever ship from last summer or was that a dead end

we need ease of use for newbs like me to set this up for giggles..tried like 3 months ago ..threw up my hands

brad

Yeah I share your opinion here, Sia need a newbie friendly gui wallet. Otherwise if people can find a way to easily get into sia they might go to other coins and wont come back soon

Sia is concentrating on getting the tech behind the scenes working as well as possible. Work on the pretty user interfaces will come later.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
March 26, 2018, 06:10:31 AM
Considering next fork, I have problem upgrading wallet from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.
Till now, I was doing wallet upgrade either replacing siac/siad files with newer ones OR using siac update command. Both ways are not possible in my case for 1.3.0. to 1.3.1 update.
After doing update I can't unlock wallet using siac wallet unlock command - after pasting password it doesn't wait for key, but complaints immediately after pasting and doesn't unlocks wallet.
Tried typing password with the same result. I'm not using UI and this way of unlocking was functioning up to ver. 1.3.0. I had to downgrade to 1.3.0. to use wallet.
Any idea how to solve problem or should I wait for next update?

Anyone using wallet 1.3.1. from command line and having same unlocking problem?

I have not personally had this issue with the wallet. I do from time to time have my pc lock up whilst it’s hosting files. I think it’s something to do with cryptonote miner running in conjunction with siad.  On their own they run indefinitely or until windows decides I need a feature update🤯

Can you try to open it in the GUI wallet and see if you have same issue?  If so maybe is corrupted wallet file.  At that point you would need to restore from seed or create new wallet and send all coins from the old to new.  If your hosting files I’d imagine that’s gonna screw things up for ya.  Maybe hit someone up at https://sia.tech  contact info at bottom of page.

BR
Doug

Thank You for trying to help. Wallet file is ok and still working with pre-1.3.1 siac/siad. I'm trying to avoid UI and at all cost making new walet and synchronizing from start. Something changed with wallet unlock in 1.3.1. siac/siad so unlocking from command line is not functioning.
Since nobody is using command-line siac/siad, I'll try to migrate my 1.3.0 command-line wallet to 1.3.1 UI. I'll keep posting about results.

I can confirm that 1.3.2 command-line wallet solved the wallet unlocking problem version 1.3.1 had.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
March 26, 2018, 05:27:40 AM

For those running the sia backbone for storage, how it exists now, how is the interface? Is it working ok?

Just lurking, not running any of this, just wondering if the interface has improved to at least

toss any comments of note to us NOT doing any of this...just seeing how this part of sia-tech's plan is working (or not so much)

brad

I heard the GUI sucks (compared to storj) and other user end issues putting it behind ...also did those minerbox's ever ship from last summer or was that a dead end

we need ease of use for newbs like me to set this up for giggles..tried like 3 months ago ..threw up my hands

brad

Yeah I share your opinion here, Sia need a newbie friendly gui wallet. Otherwise if people can find a way to easily get into sia they might go to other coins and wont come back soon
Activity: 271
Merit: 100
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
March 26, 2018, 05:26:16 AM
I do not understand why negative news keeps coming.
The last is a japanese country that makes stupid news.
That would make altcoin more and more destroyed.
That shouldn't be an excuse to anyone who has financial interest in the network.
I'm an optimist but when the supply is more than the demand, the price will go definitely down. And the news does not affect.

I think the bad news in the world is very influential.
If yesterday the G20 meeting was negative about cryptocurrency.
All crypto will drop dramatically.

Here's the result of the G20 and it looks like a very positive result, 15 countries legalize crypto and let's hope Japan does not make a bad news. That will make bitcoin and crypto worse off.
But it seems this April will be a good month for crypto. Let's hope and pray.

They will need more time to develop a first framework for possible crypto regulations, and I don't think that Japan will make bad news. They have a lot of interest in the industry as there is quite a lot going on in Japan when it comes to cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
March 26, 2018, 05:12:03 AM
Why Siacoin  has beaten to death in this market?  where will it find the bottom if bTC prices goes further down?  is  0.005$  possible?

The whole market is in a downtrend, siacoin was not the only one impacted, maybe it was impacted more than some. Before the drop the high price (satoshi-wise) was at some point driven by the fact that some exchanges had issues with wallets. Nothing can really guarantee that the price stays above a given value. The project seems quite solid and the price will eventually follow the fundamentals and the market when it starts an uptrend (and it will), the unknown is when.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 04:30:16 AM
The right place would probably be Poloniex support. Personally I don't care. Do you urgently need to transfer siacoin to or out of Poloniex?
Don't panic, don't FOMO are keys to get profits in crazy crypto market.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
March 26, 2018, 04:28:17 AM
Hello, I do not know if it's the right place ...But anybody knows when sia wallet will be ok on Poloniex or nobody cares?

The right place would probably be Poloniex support. Personally I don't care. Do you urgently need to transfer siacoin to or out of Poloniex?
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
March 26, 2018, 12:39:19 AM
Reading through the thread I’ve decided to join in buying some coins.

Good decision!
Soon SIA will show the world that all who say bad will regret it.
Cheers
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 25, 2018, 10:30:48 PM
I think it's a very good entry for people interested in Sia right now
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
March 25, 2018, 10:25:17 PM

brad

brad
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
March 25, 2018, 09:08:45 PM
Reading through the thread I’ve decided to join in buying some coins.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 06:47:57 PM
Hello, I do not know if it's the right place ...But anybody knows when sia wallet will be ok on Poloniex or nobody cares?
Activity: 275
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 06:46:19 PM
Why Siacoin  has beaten to death in this market?  where will it find the bottom if bTC prices goes further down?  is  0.005$  possible?
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
March 25, 2018, 04:27:10 PM

brad

Activity: 568
Merit: 255
March 25, 2018, 03:30:25 PM
Greetings to all the supporters of decentralized storage Smiley

We are Market.space, a decentralized host aggregator, and we'll be accepting the tokens of the two leading decentralized storage systems, Sia Tech and Storj. Siacoin and STORJ will be exchanged for MASP, Market.space token, at their current price all through the ICO period,  April 16 - May 27.

Why? We'd love those who are already into decentralized storage to discover the new facets of it.

You may learn more at our website, and ask your questions in our official Telegram group and Bitcointalk thread

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
March 25, 2018, 01:33:28 PM

brad
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
March 25, 2018, 01:27:46 PM
I think that cryptocurrency nowadays (and blockchain technology) develops that fast that it can't be ignored anymore.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 252
Dextrust.org #Defi
March 25, 2018, 01:26:16 PM
yess, positive response from SC coin users last few days.
after seeing the results of the G20 Yesterday.
SC is slow for grow up.
slow but its sure for future.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
March 25, 2018, 10:06:17 AM
If dates are not officially announced its not true. Discussed this yesterday, on sia.tech the trello board
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
March 25, 2018, 01:50:11 AM
I do not understand why negative news keeps coming.
The last is a japanese country that makes stupid news.
That would make altcoin more and more destroyed.
That shouldn't be an excuse to anyone who has financial interest in the network.
I'm an optimist but when the supply is more than the demand, the price will go definitely down. And the news does not affect.

I think the bad news in the world is very influential.
If yesterday the G20 meeting was negative about cryptocurrency.
All crypto will drop dramatically.

Here's the result of the G20 and it looks like a very positive result, 15 countries legalize crypto and let's hope Japan does not make a bad news. That will make bitcoin and crypto worse off.
But it seems this April will be a good month for crypto. Let's hope and pray.
Pages:
Jump to: