Author

Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine - page 299. (Read 823858 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu
You should use CWI 0.9.8 to mine SIGT, no exceptions)

Im getting pretty much exactly what whattomine calculates with this

Now that I have switched to the palginmod version of ccminer I am getting what the calculator says.  Of course, I only switched to it a little less than 4 hours ago.

Let me further quantify what I have seen.  My last 8 payouts of 50 coins took the following minutes to accomplish.  All were with the KRNLX version.  Top being the more recent figures.

335 minutes with KRNLX_170810
331 minutes with KRNLX_170810
329 minutes with KRNLX_170810
340 minutes with KRNLX_170810
360 minutes with KRNLX-80
362 minutes with KRNLX-80
392 minutes with KRNLX (some down time for tinkering)
383 minutes KRNLX (maybe some minor down time here too)

All of these were with reported hashrates from the miner of between 245 and 257 Mh/s.

I have now been running the NON-KRNLX palingmod ccminer, reporting 227 Mh/s for exactly 240 minutes and am 5 coins shy of 50.  I should come in on this next 50 coins in about 265 minutes.  That's 4 hours and 25 minutes versus an average above that is closer to 6 hours.  And, that 4 hours 25 minutes is almost exactly what the calculator projected while ALL of the previous 50 coin segments took 30-35% longer than what they should have.

I am not trying to do anything here but help.  Been reading for days about the strange discrepancies in calculated earnings versus real earnings.  Just trying to parse it all out in an open and transparent manner.  Everyone is looking for the best way to do this and I think something odd is going on here.  

Although your timeframe is a bit short, i think its safe to say you get better results with palginmod.
I find CWI even better than palgin though. Get yourself the beta access and help testing out. See more here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-chainworks-industries-cwi-project-cwigm-simple-powerful-stable-2054431

Cheers
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Now that I have switched to the palginmod version of ccminer I am getting what the calculator says.  Of course, I only switched to it a little less than 4 hours ago.

Let me further quantify what I have seen.  My last 8 payouts of 50 coins took the following minutes to accomplish.  All were with the KRNLX version.  Top being the more recent figures.

All of these were with reported hashrates from the miner of between 245 and 257 Mh/s.

I have now been running the NON-KRNLX palingmod ccminer, reporting 227 Mh/s for exactly 240 minutes and am 5 coins shy of 50.  I should come in on this next 50 coins in about 265 minutes.  That's 4 hours and 25 minutes versus an average above that is closer to 6 hours.  And, that 4 hours 25 minutes is almost exactly what the calculator projected while ALL of the previous 50 coin segments took 30-35% longer than what they should have.

I am not trying to do anything here but help.  Been reading for days about the strange discrepancies in calculated earnings versus real earnings.  Just trying to parse it all out in an open and transparent manner.  Everyone is looking for the best way to do this and I think something odd is going on here.  

Interesting thanks for your research, could you compare the normal original tweaked skunk ccminer vs the SP- mod version?

i'm having the feeling the skunk raptor algoritm doesn't feel comfortable with boosted hashrates. it's only a theory maybe thats the main reason?

IMO your using too short a time frame to judge and compare when so much luck as well as DGW Difficulty adjusments
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
If SIGT is indeed dying...

1. Why all the discussion of it?  Ideas that die are not talked about.  Products that die are not attacked OR defended.

2. If it is 'dying' then how is it that it is within ~5% of the profitability of one of the MOST LIVING coins... ETH?  Right now, with similar Nvidia setups, ETH is giving me about 22.00/day while the DYING SIGT is in its 'death throes' while STILL delivering 20.86 per day while in a really bad SIGT/USD slump?

I thought dead things not only stopped breathing, they stopped moving, they stopped EVERYTHING.

Dead?  I don't think so.

I agree w you, best time to buy sigt
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.

I have now been running the NON-KRNLX palingmod ccminer, reporting 227 Mh/s for exactly 240 minutes and am 5 coins shy of 50.  I should come in on this next 50 coins in about 265 minutes.  That's 4 hours and 25 minutes versus an average above that is closer to 6 hours.  And, that 4 hours 25 minutes is almost exactly what the calculator projected while ALL of the previous 50 coin segments took 30-35% longer than what they should have.

Interesting thanks for your research, could you compare the normal original tweaked skunk ccminer vs the SP- mod version?

i'm having the feeling the skunk raptor algoritm doesn't feel comfortable with boosted hashrates. it's only a theory maybe thats the main reason?
Activity: 254
Merit: 110

you are totally right, more miner in CWI more benefit for all...

I wanted to try that myself but is it out of beta yet? 
Activity: 48

you are totally right, more miner in CWI more benefit for all...

I have now been running the NON-KRNLX palingmod ccminer, reporting 227 Mh/s for exactly 240 minutes and am 5 coins shy of 50.  I should come in on this next 50 coins in about 265 minutes.  That's 4 hours and 25 minutes versus an average above that is closer to 6 hours.  And, that 4 hours 25 minutes is almost exactly what the calculator projected while ALL of the previous 50 coin segments took 30-35% longer than what they should have.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
Very detailed explanation on profit calculator. I would like to replenish another point:
c) And also the luck of you (and all the miners in the pool), maybe poor luck in last few hours, then no block found, no reward.
Yes, it calculates the ideal situation. Pool luck, worker efficiency, speed drops when you are working on a mining PC, all that further influences the resulting reward.

I completely get all of that.

What i do NOT get is how this 'volatility' of difficulty, luck and everything else ended up giving me a COMPLETELY consistent under-performance of 30% for over 96 straight hours - like a fine tuned Swiss watch.

That does not seem to be the kind of thing that 'noise' would create.  Now, it IS possible that noise suddenly created my 35% per mH/s improvement over the last THREE hours.  That is certainly plausible.

That is why I am going to let this run for a lot longer.  If I now go 4 days with my actual results mirroring the expected results, then the only real variable that has changed will have been the version of the miner.

In the meantime, if someone has the skills and means to test the outgoing network traffic from the KRNLX version of ccminer, they could perhaps help get to the real reason for this.

For right now, for me, it is a very curious thing.  Not an accusation yet.  Just a very curious thing indeed.

Very detailed explanation on profit calculator. I would like to replenish another point:
c) And also the luck of you (and all the miners in the pool), maybe poor luck in last few hours, then no block found, no reward.
Yes, it calculates the ideal situation. Pool luck, worker efficiency, speed drops when you are working on a mining PC, all that further influences the resulting reward.

1. Why all the discussion of it?  Ideas that die are not talked about.  Products that die are not attacked OR defended.

2. If it is 'dying' then how is it that it is within ~5% of the profitability of one of the MOST LIVING coins... ETH?  Right now, with similar Nvidia setups, ETH is giving me about 22.00/day while the DYING SIGT is in its 'death throes' while STILL delivering 20.86 per day while in a really bad SIGT/USD slump?

I thought dead things not only stopped breathing, they stopped moving, they stopped EVERYTHING.

Dead?  I don't think so.
for 1070 and 1080 maybe it is good,but on the radeon ETH+DCR the profit is twice more

The 1080 is terrible for ETH mining unless you have one of more esoteric ones with better memory bandwidth.

When dual mining, I get 32 Mh/s out of my 1070's on 125 watts.  Please point me in the direction of an AMD card that can double up on that.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Whattomine is only accurate for that one split second you hit refresh. Not saying you shouldn't be skeptical, I am skeptical myself.
For some reason many miners have no idea how profit calculators work...
They take average diff for the last 24h, then average block time and calculate reward based on that.
So it is not accurate even at the very second you pressed refresh, because
a) calc cannot predict the future, only analyze history
b) making current diff as a base for calculations is pointless, because it changes all the time and fluctuations can be up to ±10-30-50%

Activity: 462
Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.
Please do not get angry. I love this coin first times, but SIGT is dying unfortunately. I know you still want to believe but unfortunately this is the case.

Apart from genuine mining questions all your other posts are FUD on coins to decrease the price, and Lies on development to increase it, plus loads of other total bullshit about how you can no longer get hard over your goats and you feel they are looking elsewhere for sex. Get off the thread, head down to the doctors and get some medication to sort that impotence problem. your goats need you man, we dont.

LOL. So much salty.

If you want to talk salty, why not get on the thread and talk about the salty surprise you swallow when choking on goat lipstick, anything else is purely un-entertaining to the community. have something constructive to say, fine explain away, however, wasting minutes of your life spreading FUD on a new coin, that neither you or your goats will get back is a sad affair.

https://i.hizliresim.com/okRrm7.jpg

Did not quite understand what you was saying then, some burbling about me being mad, it was hard to understand with all the slurping, groans and goat bleets pal, not to mention your dad in the background shouting some shit about swallowing, gets a bit distracting if you know what i mean.

Get off the thread, your contributions are that of a spazmoid, i am not pro sigt, im pro crypto with fingers in many coins, because i understand what benefits it has for the future (cryptocurrency as a whole), if we all backed coins we could all be rich, but there is always one tit who thinks he can be richer than the rest. It is unhealthy for crypto to let BTC monopolize, it needs competition to prosper. but there is always some uneducated goons that come along and chat shit while their dad slaps his cock in their face.

What is it with you and goats?

Gets lonely in them thar hills... goats have many uses. Just ask any man in Afghanistan
Interesting findings with ccminer versions.  Very interesting.

I had been using various versions of the 'krnlx' ccminer for the last 5 days or so and when I plugged in my MINER-reported hashrate into the profitability calculators, my actual results were immediately proven to be significantly LESS than what the calculators were saying.  Using 'whattomine', and the krnlx_170810 version (32 bit Cuda 7.5) I was getting a MINER reported overall hashrate of 255 Mh/s.  But, my rewards were coming at a 190 Mh/s rate.  Ie., if I adjusted hashrate in the calculator to match my rewards, I had to go from my reported rate of 255 all the way down to 190.

So, I have these 12 GPU's getting 9.09 coins per hour while the calculator says I should be getting 13.5. 

Reading a post that I initially through was born of paranoia, insinuating that it was possible that some of these 'faster' modded ccminer versions might be skimming hashrate and delivering it elsewhere, I decided to go with the version that poster recommended, the palingmod versions.

So, I fired that up using the exact same settings for cards and the exact same .bat files.  And, this is what happened...

My MINER reported rate went from 255 to 233. 

At 233, whattomine tells me to look for 12 coins per hour.  That is one coin every 5 minutes.  I have been running on palingmod for 138 minutes.  I am told by whattomine, adjusted for difficulty mind you, that I should have 27 coins.  I have 25.  At my previous 'rate' of 255 I was losing 33% of what I was 'supposed to get' when using the krnlx version.  I am now off by about 8%.

So, I am running SLOWER and getting MORE. 

I know this is not a static environment, but I can tell you that since day one of mining this, I have been consistently OFF by 30-35% on the 'expected' numbers. 

If someone has the expertise to sniff out all the network traffic that the krnlx versions are making, it might be interesting to see if anything suspicious is taking place.

138 Minutes isn't even remotely close to a good sample size. You also said it yourself, the testing environment is not stable. 5 minutes ago the difficulty was 15k, now it is 26k. Whattomine is only accurate for that one split second you hit refresh. Not saying you shouldn't be skeptical, I am skeptical myself.

I totally understand the shifting difficulty.  But one thing that caught my eye was that my reported hashrate (miner reported) never jived with what that calculators were saying.  I did not spend more than a half hour before finding the 'superior' miners so did not spend any time at all to speak of with the stock ccminer or the palingmod version.  They were 'too slow'.  

Honestly, always 30% off from reported to experienced hashrate.  If it was volatility in difficulty that was to blame, I never saw it do anything other than act against me to the tune of -30%.

BTW, just hit the 3 hour mark with palingmod version.  Whattomine says I should be at 35 coins using my current 227 Mh/s rate.  My actual rewards right now?  34.21.

That is the first time in my 5-6 days of mining SIGT that the two things have matched.

I will know more in 24 hours.  Over the last three days I was supposed to be getting 315 coins but only getting about 209 (at miner reported 255).  

If by this time tomorrow, my current 227 ends up giving me 283 coins... I will have VERY strong suspicions about the KRNLX versions.  Not only that they might be somehow faulty, but that there could be potential for something less savory going on.
Whattomine is only accurate for that one split second you hit refresh. Not saying you shouldn't be skeptical, I am skeptical myself.
For some reason many miners have no idea how profit calculators work...
They take average diff for the last 24h, then average block time and calculate reward based on that.
So it is not accurate even at the very second you pressed refresh, because
a) calc cannot predict the future, only analyze history
b) making current diff as a base for calculations is pointless, because it changes all the time and fluctuations can be up to ±10-30-50%
Activity: 180

Dead?  I don't think so.
for 1070 and 1080 maybe it is good,but on the radeon ETH+DCR the profit is twice more
Activity: 49

I had been using various versions of the 'krnlx' ccminer for the last 5 days or so and when I plugged in my MINER-reported hashrate into the profitability calculators, my actual results were immediately proven to be significantly LESS than what the calculators were saying.  Using 'whattomine', and the krnlx_170810 version (32 bit Cuda 7.5) I was getting a MINER reported overall hashrate of 255 Mh/s.  But, my rewards were coming at a 190 Mh/s rate.  Ie., if I adjusted hashrate in the calculator to match my rewards, I had to go from my reported rate of 255 all the way down to 190.

So, I have these 12 GPU's getting 9.09 coins per hour while the calculator says I should be getting 13.5. 

Reading a post that I initially through was born of paranoia, insinuating that it was possible that some of these 'faster' modded ccminer versions might be skimming hashrate and delivering it elsewhere, I decided to go with the version that poster recommended, the palingmod versions.

So, I fired that up using the exact same settings for cards and the exact same .bat files.  And, this is what happened...

At 233, whattomine tells me to look for 12 coins per hour.  That is one coin every 5 minutes.  I have been running on palingmod for 138 minutes.  I am told by whattomine, adjusted for difficulty mind you, that I should have 27 coins.  I have 25.  At my previous 'rate' of 255 I was losing 33% of what I was 'supposed to get' when using the krnlx version.  I am now off by about 8%.

I know this is not a static environment, but I can tell you that since day one of mining this, I have been consistently OFF by 30-35% on the 'expected' numbers. 

If someone has the expertise to sniff out all the network traffic that the krnlx versions are making, it might be interesting to see if anything suspicious is taking place.

138 Minutes isn't even remotely close to a good sample size. You also said it yourself, the testing environment is not stable. 5 minutes ago the difficulty was 15k, now it is 26k. Whattomine is only accurate for that one split second you hit refresh. Not saying you shouldn't be skeptical, I am skeptical myself.

Dead?  I don't think so.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250

On the first day I use KRNLX tools found this problem, according to pool the hash and miners are about 15%  gap between, profitability and later I changed back to the ccminer, hash back to normal, income also is normal, I have been looking at, so there will be no mistake, so I think there may be some problems
Jump to: