Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 132. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
The web site needs a update with list of Exchanges and silkcoin development progress.

They are supposed to do so, but they stated that it wasn't a priority as they were developping the eco system, developping the wallet updates, making the white paper... And they were also busy marketing with operation shock and awe.

So for everyone saying that this coin is a scam, just take a look at the awesome work devs are doing everyday since the very beggining.

But this is a fair statement, website needs an update = )
Activity: 67
The web site needs a update with list of Exchanges and silkcoin development progress.
We need a rise of the price to give back confidence to whom has been trolled by FUD.
I know that SIlk is solid, but everyone needs to be aware oh this.

The price is ok imo. Buy it, sell it, price will take care of itself as long as devs deliver, and to date they are doing fine. Price Will follow.

Price is waaaaay undervaluated right now. IMO, a descent price would be above 10k sat
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
lol good thing nobody has found out that SC can cure cancer, or else price would be through the roof....uh oh did I just leak that?
Activity: 741
We need a rise of the price to give back confidence to whom has been trolled by FUD.

The price is ok imo. Buy it, sell it, price will take care of itself as long as devs deliver, and to date they are doing fine. Price Will follow.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
No spoiler intended. But there is rumors that the new wallet will allow us to shave ourselves, to clean up the house and to build a better world.

who the hell leaked this info???

omg well secrets out i guess

Q
No spoiler intended. But there is rumors that the new wallet will allow us to shave ourselves, to clean up the house and to build a better world.

One download = 1 duckling or babby rabbit saved !
Activity: 741
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
can anyone tell me what it means that my coins will be stuck while staking? stuck for how long? governed by what factors?

thanks. I'm sure it's here in the thread, but it's a very long thread
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
S I L K C O I N = i'm going to see what we can do to get on board with these guys, looks like we have a very good opportunity to gain mainstream adoption!

Wink

https://www.gocoin.com/sales_deck

Seeing the price of this coin drop like this is very painful.. We need another huge update ASAP to get this coin back on its feet, but as long as dev is active and community still active then price will rise guaranteed in the near future.

Dude update tomorrow, White paper friday. How can you ask for more?

What update is coming tomorrow?

A wallet update is coming out tomorrow

You've been served.
Activity: 546
Seeing the price of this coin drop like this is very painful.. We need another huge update ASAP to get this coin back on its feet, but as long as dev is active and community still active then price will rise guaranteed in the near future.

A wallet update is coming out tomorrow
Activity: 90

Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
I find this coin interesting from a creative perspective although I'm not sure why other than the slick website and clear market momentum.  If I may ask a moronic Monday question about POS.  How is POS any different from a instamined scam coin if the POW stage ends so quickly that the distribution is definitely consolidated to a bunch of greedy SOBs?

SilkCoin had 2 PoW phases to ensure that there was a good distribution of the coins. The first PoW phase was pre-announced, allowing miners enough time to regroup their resources to mine SilkCoin. After the initial PoW phase there was a one month phase of full PoS.

This month long PoS phase allowed us time to build a proper foundation for SilkCoin before the second PoW phase and hence SilkCoin had grown a lot more popular and had garnered a lot more attention and visibility than in the first PoW phase.

This meant that there were far more miners in the second PoW phase leading to better distribution of the coin supply. Evidence as to the distribution can be found here : http://explorer.silk-coin.com/richlist/ where you can see how well distributed SC is.

OK just being the devils advocate here yes the distribution is fairly even according to that list but just 403 wallets.  Is that all the interest ATM in creative and slick alt coins with clear technical prowess behind them.  I would think the bare minimum number to find at leaat 2000 unique and verified individual wallets to be called fairly distributed in my book, but I guess I may be a overly optimistic type person.

I dont know if there are really just 403 Wallets but you have to see that Silkcoin is listed on the 4 biggest exchanges (Mintpal,Cryptsy,Poloniex,Bittrex) and most people leave their Coins in the exchanges.
two reasons could be: Small amount of Coins, so staking wouldnt pay out OR someone is using mobile devices/ no stationary Computer.

OK, if I may from an average Joe perspective ask a question about staking. Should I have a wallet with some coins on it and left open? Does that earn me more coins? How many should I have in the wallet to be getting more and more coins? I know I should have coin distributed, which I do across two sites and possible three with cryptsy, but apparently I am one of those folks that is not doing something with the wallet that could earn me more. Is there a document that explains this to the normal investor? I seriously thought staking the coin and the who POW and POS was just for miners. This may ultimately be the confussion in the wallet numbers if there are more "typical" folks like me that are dipping into this with others...

Lots of questions there.

To get the benefits of staking you need to have your wallet open (but encrypted) - it needs to be running as a proper node on the network. Wallets that are not supporting the network do not benefit from staking. Wallets on mobile devices or web wallets don't stake. The amount of coins you get is governed by how many coins you have in the wallet, and how long they have been there. So the more coins you own, the more you get; that is why it is called Proof-of-Stake.

If you keep your coins in an exchange then you don't get the benefits of staking. The exchanges either disable it (because of the administrative nightmare), or keep it themselves, I think one exchange has said publicly that it gives the benefits to the 'real' owner. Ask your exchange what their policy is.

I hope you know that coins kept on an exchange are not secure, they can be hacked, or the exchange can close with no warning, or the exchange can be running a fraud.

Excellent answers. About the coins on the exchange, kind of bittersweet. I like to trade, and most of the time that take a great volume of coin and well, it needs to exist on the exchange. I do like the concept of being part of the network and getting additional benefits from having the wallet local. Sounds like I need to get the wallet and read through some of the post on getting that working. Perhaps I will just need to buy some additional for the local and staking. What I feel most is having my local wallet lost, hacked or damaged. For the most part, I have most in btc in multiple accounts. I am dipping my toe into more alts, especially this one. So much to learn in this space.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
the new wallet was beautiful,lol
Activity: 560
I find this coin interesting from a creative perspective although I'm not sure why other than the slick website and clear market momentum.  If I may ask a moronic Monday question about POS.  How is POS any different from a instamined scam coin if the POW stage ends so quickly that the distribution is definitely consolidated to a bunch of greedy SOBs?

SilkCoin had 2 PoW phases to ensure that there was a good distribution of the coins. The first PoW phase was pre-announced, allowing miners enough time to regroup their resources to mine SilkCoin. After the initial PoW phase there was a one month phase of full PoS.

This month long PoS phase allowed us time to build a proper foundation for SilkCoin before the second PoW phase and hence SilkCoin had grown a lot more popular and had garnered a lot more attention and visibility than in the first PoW phase.

This meant that there were far more miners in the second PoW phase leading to better distribution of the coin supply. Evidence as to the distribution can be found here : http://explorer.silk-coin.com/richlist/ where you can see how well distributed SC is.

OK just being the devils advocate here yes the distribution is fairly even according to that list but just 403 wallets.  Is that all the interest ATM in creative and slick alt coins with clear technical prowess behind them.  I would think the bare minimum number to find at leaat 2000 unique and verified individual wallets to be called fairly distributed in my book, but I guess I may be a overly optimistic type person.

I dont know if there are really just 403 Wallets but you have to see that Silkcoin is listed on the 4 biggest exchanges (Mintpal,Cryptsy,Poloniex,Bittrex) and most people leave their Coins in the exchanges.
two reasons could be: Small amount of Coins, so staking wouldnt pay out OR someone is using mobile devices/ no stationary Computer.

OK, if I may from an average Joe perspective ask a question about staking. Should I have a wallet with some coins on it and left open? Does that earn me more coins? How many should I have in the wallet to be getting more and more coins? I know I should have coin distributed, which I do across two sites and possible three with cryptsy, but apparently I am one of those folks that is not doing something with the wallet that could earn me more. Is there a document that explains this to the normal investor? I seriously thought staking the coin and the who POW and POS was just for miners. This may ultimately be the confussion in the wallet numbers if there are more "typical" folks like me that are dipping into this with others...

Lots of questions there.

To get the benefits of staking you need to have your wallet open (but encrypted) - it needs to be running as a proper node on the network. Wallets that are not supporting the network do not benefit from staking. Wallets on mobile devices or web wallets don't stake. The amount of coins you get is governed by how many coins you have in the wallet, and how long they have been there. So the more coins you own, the more you get; that is why it is called Proof-of-Stake.

If you keep your coins in an exchange then you don't get the benefits of staking. The exchanges either disable it (because of the administrative nightmare), or keep it themselves, I think one exchange has said publicly that it gives the benefits to the 'real' owner. Ask your exchange what their policy is.

I hope you know that coins kept on an exchange are not secure, they can be hacked, or the exchange can close with no warning, or the exchange can be running a fraud.
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
Where are the real people invested in Silkcoin that aren't part of this scam?

I have been trading coin for a while. I just started to use this forum to try and understand things a little more clear. Based on your immediate assumption about my history, I find anything you say unfounded. I just signed up for a new account on AtlasATS to safe harbor my BTC, does that mean I just found out about the internet? Although I still may be new to a lot of the things developing within the alts, I have done well in the BTC\LTC market. SILK is going to help me understand more about how true ALT work and make my other inveestments grow. I can really teach you things about trading if you want to know, but sounds like you are just trying to be a troll, and quite frankly an ass.

Evidence this is a scam.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-silkcoin-is-one-of-a-bunch-of-similar-scams-653509

It's absolutely a scam. Same format as the other scams, same design, and, yes - the voice-over sounds identical. I'm not an FBI audio analyst or anything but I have high quality speakers (and massive ears). If it wasn't a scam why would they lie about the size of the premine? On that note, why would the premine be so massive? Why do people keep insisting the entire premine is accounted for when it isn't?!

People question my motives for being vocal - I'm sick of seeing people get ripped off! I'm sick of seeing the bad guys win over and over and over! They aren't even being clever about it! Clearly, they don't need to! Once you trickle enough free coins out to people they defend the coin to the death to protect their investments. Nobody invested in this coin known jack shit about cryptocurrency, general currency, or economics - it's perfect for a scam! They're getting robbed in plain site and they're happy about it.

Honestly, at this point, if you don't personally know a coin dev of a new PoS coin you can ASSUME it's a scam. Guilty until proven innocent - don't just jump in wallet first! Do some research! Here's another red flag: any coin that has over a 1% premine - no matter how many they claim to give away and whatnot (pretty simple to fake) isn't a good investment. This coin had nearly 5x that which is crazy for a coin going PoS only. Quit making these guys rich at your expense! They're ruining cryptocurrency and hurting legitimate coins and legitimate developers. These guys have done this multiple times - be mad at the robbers not the people begging you to use your head and open your eyes!

I dealt with identical responses and the same levels of anger with DaMaCoin and Yellowcoin and many others. They all ended up nearly worthless just as quickly as I predicted but somehow we're the bad guys? You will lose money holding this and it's up to you guys to decide how much you're willing to lose. There are more Silkcoins out there right now than Litecoins - nobody is going to be able to "pump" this for one last big dump. The sooner you dump the better. Why not dump half just in case I'm right? If I'm wrong, prove your trade to me and I will pay you the difference. I'm that confident.

I have done the research as a normal investor that has been burned by Gox, Whitecoin, and a few others. I think I know now what to look for and honestly, this coin has legs. It has good dev, technicals and trades well. Carry your message to DRK, XC and CINNI for pump and dumps. This is not one of those coins.

You seem very knowledgeable about crypto even though your account is only a week old. Impressive.
Activity: 630
Merit: 505

seeing price drop isn't painful, its profitable... if you know whats coming for silk  (-:
Jump to: