Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 308. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
What does the fix solve? I haven't noticed any issues but will be updating.

And SC on coinmarketcap! That is awesome  Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
WALLET FIX IS OUT :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/46p23yoi2iiwkur/silkcoin-qt-fix.zip

You can now type help in the debug log in total safety  Cheesy

If my fix was helpful for anyone please feel free to donate, SC is in my signature (as I don't have hashrate to mine myself this coin)

Silkcoin can confim it was hell to sort it out as it is a very advance wallet, a fantastic wallet

Yes indeed, flubber has been working non stop since the launch if you like the fix go buy some silkcoins and do a little donation to flubber Wink

==> BDyGs1c7CeuQuyr4Pfepqy2dTcNFtve24Q
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The pool is up and running!

0% fees
Powerful dedicated server
DDOS Protection
Friendly support via email, jabber or support forums
Skilled admin

Please, join us

ps we understand that we are a bit late in the game, but still there should be some benefit of having another stable pool. Good luck with mining
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
WALLET FIX IS OUT :

If my fix was helpful for anyone please feel free to donate, SC is in my signature (as I don't have hashrate to mine myself this coin)

Silkcoin can confim it was hell to sort it out as it is a very advance wallet, a fantastic wallet
Appreciate your work and sent you a little donation. Thanks!
Transaction ID: 6450b3d5e1358cefb2b72200b2f11118824954612a57781a63df24dce13485e0
legendary
Activity: 1484
WOW!!! Perfect! Seems my stuck coins also immediately processed from old wallet and arrived safely in new wallet.. no need to do recovery options. Now i can stake hell out of them. Many thanks!  Cheesy Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
WALLET FIX IS OUT :

Activity: 196
iseebitcoins.com
WALLET FIX IS OUT :

Good job. I can confirm the wallet is working on Windows 8.1 x64 and typing getmininginfo in the console no longer crashes the wallet. The 'About silkcoin card' tab under the Help menu still takes you to www.silkcoin.com instead of www.silk-coin.com

Yes thanks for pointing that out in the first place.
This fix is only for the runtime error, new wallet version is coming out soon with all the minor fixes as the silkcoin.com link.

Our priority was to release the fix for the runtime error as soon as possible.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
WALLET FIX IS OUT :

You can now type help in the debug log in total safety  Cheesy

Good job. I can confirm the wallet is working on Windows 8.1 x64 and typing getmininginfo in the console no longer crashes the wallet. The 'About silkcoin card' tab under the Help menu still takes you to www.silkcoin.com instead of www.silk-coin.com
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
WALLET FIX IS OUT :

Activity: 106
Great news !!!

Wallet is fixed, NEVER AGAIN you'll have this **** error !
OP will be updated very soon.

Thank you to all for your comprehension, help and explainations to new comers.

And we were added to coinmarketcap Smiley.

DEV TEAM FTW
Just one question my mined coins through wallet are coming up with Huh marks are they not credited i am fully synched.

That just means that you staked a block that was already credited to someone else, or an orphan as it's known. PoS blocks are generated in a similar way as PoW blocks but instead of using your hashpower to solve PoW blocks, you are using your stake weight (a combination of coin age and the total number of coins eligible for staking) to solve PoS blocks. Just like in PoW mining, due to latency in the network, you can occasionally solve a PoS block that was already minted by another person before you. You don't lose any stake weight for your coins when that happens and those same coins are eligible for staking again right away.
Great news !!!

Wallet is fixed, NEVER AGAIN you'll have this **** error !
OP will be updated very soon.

Thank you to all for your comprehension, help and explainations to new comers.

And we were added to coinmarketcap Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1386
You are now still 1 hour on coinmarketcap, this should push the price easy 5x times higher
Activity: 153

-Press the WIN+R keys

-Type the path below in the dialog box and hit OK:

C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess

-Delete all the folders located in that directory

-Start the wallet again

It should start without crashing.

Nope, doesn't exist on the Windows 7 32-bit that I'm looking at.  I moved it all over to a windows 8 machine, it fired right up.  I'll move over to a Win 7 64-bit machine since that directory exists there also.
iseebitcoins.com
Just one question my mined coins through wallet are coming up with Huh marks are they not credited i am fully synched.
iseebitcoins.com
Lighting one up again  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX worked for me thanks Silkcoin for the help
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

I typed help in the console, and it promptly crashed, and now it keeps crashing on launch. 
There is a temporary fix bro, follow the instruction and you ll be fine but dont try to send coins here and there until dev release a new wallet with permanent fix or else you ll be risking losing your coins.. In my case i sent some 200k coins to my other computer but they are stuck now as they didnt go through and wallet crashed and i cant recover them through console no matter what.. Still waiting for a new wallet with a fix so i can try to recover my coins back to my wallet Sad  Sad

Yeah, but the directory "C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/"  doesn't exist on my machine.
programdata is a hidden directory, try to look your hidden folders and files

I'm well aware of all of that.  I even used a boot cd to look for it, it's just not there, nada, zilch, non-existent.

-Press the WIN+R keys

-Type the path below in the dialog box and hit OK:

C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess

-Delete all the folders located in that directory

-Start the wallet again

It should start without crashing.
Activity: 153
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

I typed help in the console, and it promptly crashed, and now it keeps crashing on launch. 
There is a temporary fix bro, follow the instruction and you ll be fine but dont try to send coins here and there until dev release a new wallet with permanent fix or else you ll be risking losing your coins.. In my case i sent some 200k coins to my other computer but they are stuck now as they didnt go through and wallet crashed and i cant recover them through console no matter what.. Still waiting for a new wallet with a fix so i can try to recover my coins back to my wallet Sad  Sad

Yeah, but the directory "C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/"  doesn't exist on my machine.
programdata is a hidden directory, try to look your hidden folders and files

I'm well aware of all of that.  I even used a boot cd to look for it, it's just not there, nada, zilch, non-existent.
Jump to: