Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 310. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1484
okay. but i still undertand where the coin come from... Cry
What do you mean?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
okay. but i still undertand where the coin come from... Cry
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Anything related to SilkRoad?

No !

As for what's planned, wait and see. We have bitcoins, the premine, a big community, a few outside people we already hired for full time support on different social/media parts, lot's of contacts and lots of ressources Smiley.

We'll try to cover all the possible ways of marketing, and our devs -even if they are not very "social", that's why we hired people for twitter, facebook, reddit & co- are SEO experts so they know marketing and how to handle all the process, as long as we're able to invest and hire.

As for the camel, when you think about the silk road (the real one, not the shady onion site which by the way came after  Grin) don't you think about a camel  ? And isn't this camel beautiful hehe?

Ps : For those who only know the silkroad.onion here's the real silk road/route : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road  Cheesy

Ps2 : And you would prefer it if we called it frogcoin hehe? We choose Silkcoin because it was a sharp and sexy unused coin name
legendary
Lmao! this doesnt need to relate with silkroad.. but you are already able to buy hashish there with your silkcoin exchanging to bitcoin bro Grin
Activity: 710
Merit: 500
So what does the camel signify?

No.

FAQ
No, Silkcoin is not affiliated in any way with silkroad, "silk = the very fine soft lustrous fibre produced by a silkworm to make its cocoon"
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Just an opinion...

Cut the second POW stage and limit the coin to 50 mill. Makes way more sense.

Impossible to do that now I think. The bad thing about 2 Pow stages is that you have a month of price increase (POS). After that, the multipools are going  to dump again. (But that can also be an opportunity voor us to buy cheap)

Even Blackcoin has 100 mil coins and the price is the same as cinni, which has 10x less. Max amount of coins doesn't always tell something about the price.

If we keep up the good work and handle well marketing (starts tommorow, don't be surprised if there's been no one on social at the moment), the price will rise at the first POS phase, then as you say lower once the second POW starts (still be higher than the first) because of the dumps but yes this is a great opportunity for distribution.

Once the last POS phase kicks in you'll see the high Wink, coins will be better distributed because of the 2 phases + 2 dumps phases  Shocked. My guess is 1st phase : lowest price, 2nd phase we get a big pump, 3rd phase the price goes back down a bit because of dumps from multipools and big miners- letting late comers come in silkcoin- and last phase, explosion  Roll Eyes.

Do you already have a twitter account?

Which promotions are on the planning?
Just an opinion...

Impossible to do that now I think. The bad thing about 2 Pow stages is that you have a month of price increase (POS). After that, the multipools are going  to dump again. (But that can also be an opportunity voor us to buy cheap)

Even Blackcoin has 100 mil coins and the price is the same as cinni, which has 10x less. Max amount of coins doesn't always tell something about the price.

If we keep up the good work and handle well marketing (starts tommorow, don't be surprised if there's been no one on social at the moment), the price will rise at the first POS phase, then as you say lower once the second POW starts (still be higher than the first) because of the dumps but yes this is a great opportunity for distribution.

Once the last POS phase kicks in you'll see the high Wink, coins will be better distributed because of the 2 phases + 2 dumps phases  Shocked. My guess is 1st phase : lowest price, 2nd phase we get a big pump, 3rd phase the price goes back down a bit because of dumps from multipools and big miners- letting late comers come in silkcoin- and last phase, explosion  Roll Eyes.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
My wallet is not working all of the sudden  Huh

Me too. It could be a corrupted blockchain or no nodes.

EDIT : It is not the blockchain, not the wallet, not the nodes. It just doesn't work.

Before my wallet can not run normally, several times after the restart, return to normal.
My wallet works normally.

Just when I opened it first time, it crashed. All I did was run it again and it worked like a charm

Windows 7, x64

same with me works just fine, and my word is it ever a nice looking wallet, great job dev's
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

EDIT : It is not the blockchain, not the wallet, not the nodes. It just doesn't work.

Before my wallet can not run normally, several times after the restart, return to normal.
My wallet works normally.

Just when I opened it first time, it crashed. All I did was run it again and it worked like a charm

Windows 7, x64
Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Activity: 546
Just an opinion...

I'm sure a soft fork could cut the second POS stage out? But on the other hand it could also work to our current advantage, with more miners it brings more popularity to SilkCoin. It depends on wheter the difficulty is set to 0 again for the second POW stage.
Just an opinion...

Impossible to do that now I think. The bad thing about 2 Pow stages is that you have a month of price increase (POS). After that, the multipools are going  to dump again. (But that can also be an opportunity voor us to buy cheap)

Just an opinion...

This would be perfect ^^
legendary
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad
Well, I can receive and send coins, that's all I need Smiley but yes, whatever I type into console, it crashes and don't want to start until I delete that C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess\xxxxx :/

Yes this is still the windows compilation problem, we slept for a few hours now we're all back to work. Reinstalling the whole environment is a bit long, and reinstalling it a few times is even longer Smiley but don't worry we'll stay on it until it's fixed! At the moment just try avoiding typing 'help' or a non existant command in debug.

Another thing, are there some Mac users here who can confirm if this wallet is working or not?

https://mega.co.nz/#!jBxxQIia!0-iWCCrURQfYQYi4Wtie1HC4YkzodKlcgwrx40ieh3M
Great!! you are up now. You guys are aware of the problem so lets see the fix.. im waiting  Smiley
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad
Well, I can receive and send coins, that's all I need Smiley but yes, whatever I type into console, it crashes and don't want to start until I delete that C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess\xxxxx :/

Yes this is still the windows compilation problem, we slept for a few hours now we're all back to work. Reinstalling the whole environment is a bit long, and reinstalling it a few times is even longer Smiley but don't worry we'll stay on it until it's fixed! At the moment just try avoiding typing 'help' or a non existant command in debug.

Another thing, are there some Mac users here who can confirm if this wallet is working or not?

https://mega.co.nz/#!jBxxQIia!0-iWCCrURQfYQYi4Wtie1HC4YkzodKlcgwrx40ieh3M
Activity: 95
we are gonna see a long slow price increase for a few months.
No, we are going to see a slow decrease for a few days as multipools dump their coins followed by a sharp increase.
Jump to: