Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 309. (Read 332099 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

I typed help in the console, and it promptly crashed, and now it keeps crashing on launch. 
There is a temporary fix bro, follow the instruction and you ll be fine but dont try to send coins here and there until dev release a new wallet with permanent fix or else you ll be risking losing your coins.. In my case i sent some 200k coins to my other computer but they are stuck now as they didnt go through and wallet crashed and i cant recover them through console no matter what.. Still waiting for a new wallet with a fix so i can try to recover my coins back to my wallet Sad  Sad

Yeah, but the directory "C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/"  doesn't exist on my machine.
programdata is a hidden directory, try to look your hidden folders and files
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

I typed help in the console, and it promptly crashed, and now it keeps crashing on launch. 
There is a temporary fix bro, follow the instruction and you ll be fine but dont try to send coins here and there until dev release a new wallet with permanent fix or else you ll be risking losing your coins.. In my case i sent some 200k coins to my other computer but they are stuck now as they didnt go through and wallet crashed and i cant recover them through console no matter what.. Still waiting for a new wallet with a fix so i can try to recover my coins back to my wallet Sad  Sad

Yeah, but the directory "C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/"  doesn't exist on my machine.
Activity: 238
I miss my wallet and its coins, I remember i would sit in front of my monitor and smoke a blunt looking at the camel wondering are you gonna be as high as me. Man those were the days.......

My wallet still doesnt work Tongue

mine did not work for ages but since applying

Delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX  (XXXX=a folder with random numbers eg. 231313)

then relaunch the wallet.

works smooth after that ...

I wonder if a way to tell windows to delete that file every time the wallet shuts down would fix the problem?

Yea we thought of that at first, at least in the meantime, but we can't call this a fix Wink.

But good news, it seems the problem with debug log and runtime error was fixed by flubber and release will be available soon!

And one last time before the fix :

The error we're talking about triggers when you type 'help' or an non existant command in debug log, you can type 'getstakinginfo' or 'getinfo' it will not crash. To reopen your wallet delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX . Also you cannot lose your coins.

DON'T TYPE HELP OR RANDOM COMMANDS UNTIL WE RELEASE THE FIX. But even if you do it's not the end of the world, just delete the boost file.

CONFIRMED THIS FIXES THE WALLET CRASHING AFTER A CONSOLE COMMAND!!!!

I had a working wallet!... then I opened console and typed help... it would keep crashing after that...

Deleting  C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I want to do a blog post and giveaway on my blog, should I send a pm about this or email? I like this coin and already bought some too. Smiley
All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

This is CONFIRMED.  Make sure you BACKUP your wallet.dat BEFORE you do any console commands.
legendary
Activity: 1484

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
I miss my wallet and its coins, I remember i would sit in front of my monitor and smoke a blunt looking at the camel wondering are you gonna be as high as me. Man those were the days.......

Delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX  (XXXX=a folder with random numbers eg. 231313)

I wonder if a way to tell windows to delete that file every time the wallet shuts down would fix the problem?

Yea we thought of that at first, at least in the meantime, but we can't call this a fix Wink.

But good news, it seems the problem with debug log and runtime error was fixed by flubber and release will be available soon!

And one last time before the fix :

The error we're talking about triggers when you type 'help' or an non existant command in debug log, you can type 'getstakinginfo' or 'getinfo' it will not crash. To reopen your wallet delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX . Also you cannot lose your coins.

DON'T TYPE HELP OR RANDOM COMMANDS UNTIL WE RELEASE THE FIX. But even if you do it's not the end of the world, just delete the boost file.

Edit because of 360sec limit : Silkcoin added to coinmarketcap !!
Activity: 252
I LOVE THE LIR PROJECT

Check if You have all supported

.NetFramework versions ( from 1.0 up to 4.5)
Microsoft Visual C++ ( all versions as well)
Graphic card with OpenGL support (drivers up to date)
Activity: 153

Activity: 364

Surprisingly... it worked. Thanks.

no Probs , its the DEVs idea and is posted in the OP, slightly small .. but Meh people should read the Op just for updates of a solution.. most don't tho :p
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Surprisingly... it worked. Thanks.
Activity: 364

Has the dev pulished his premine address yet ? I think we need some transparency.

Why so concerned with Premine .. blah blah.. This is a solid coin.  How big could it be?  7 day PoW with no block halving?  and the second PoW stage is not even done yet!  The total outstanding coins so far are less than 10 million of of a MAX total of 100 million... so cant be that much premined... nothing to see here...

Yeah, you are right judgecrypto. It's totally unimportant to have some open ledger premine. It's better the dev  doesn't show how the premine wallet is filled or emptied. Did we ever see a dev scam the community with the premine, I don't think so, did we?

That's exactly why the BTC protocol was built in the first place. To get away from placing trust in a 3rd party for accountability, placing it instead in to a publicly distributed ledger.

If you have 4.5 BTC you could buy the equivalent of a 2% premine.  So really any early adopter can get a large stake.  What makes the coin fair is there is no large block up front with block halving that only the early miners can get.  The prices are ridiculously low right now.  I have a couple hundred thousand I got from using Nicehash and Bittrex.  I only found out about silkcoin from IPOMiner.  So this is a totally fair launch!
Activity: 196
iseebitcoins.com

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
a little bug report from my site

if u want to click on

help ->about silkcoincard u go to www.silkcoin.com instead of www.silk-coin.com
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Has the dev pulished his premine address yet ? I think we need some transparency.

Why so concerned with Premine .. blah blah.. This is a solid coin.  How big could it be?  7 day PoW with no block halving?  and the second PoW stage is not even done yet!  The total outstanding coins so far are less than 10 million of of a MAX total of 100 million... so cant be that much premined... nothing to see here...

Yeah, you are right judgecrypto. It's totally unimportant to have some open ledger premine. It's better the dev  doesn't show how the premine wallet is filled or emptied. Did we ever see a dev scam the community with the premine, I don't think so, did we?

That's exactly why the BTC protocol was built in the first place. To get away from placing trust in a 3rd party for accountability, placing it instead in to a publicly distributed ledger.
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Couple quick quick questions.

12 hours on stake maturity right?  ( have coins way beyond that still says no mature coins for staking )

Question for above - If you have say 100k coins that are mature enough and then you deposit 10k and then take out 10k and deposit 10k and take out 10k etc.... it should not touch your original 100k mature coins right?  Any withdraws logically would be taken from the most recently deposited coins?

I don't know if pos for sc wallet was changed to not need to encrypt, unlock " walletpassphrase command etc "  ( tried it both ways just in case, still nothing )

Maybe when i took out a few coins it reset all my coins maturity even though I never took out enough to even come close to the first transaction timestamp and amount.

Thanks in advance.

Was always curious how doing transactions with a POS coin would affect older coins in the wallet.

Ok, first of all you need to tick the "coin control feature" in settings so you don't waste your coin age when sending transactions (i think that's what happenned here).
Then you have an option in the settings menu "Unlock wallet" so you can unlock for stalking. (This is only if you encrypted your wallet)

Then when 12 hours have passes you'll see the lightning icon turn yellow, and when you hover it, it will give you infos about your stake. But keep in mind stake blocks are a bit random as are normal blocks so the time before you hit a block may be lower or higher than the "expected time" shown, it's just an indication.

Debug console is not needed in either cases.

Hmm, not showing the coin control under settings.

Just seeing the standard wallet options encrypt, change passphrase, lock wallet, options...

Under options don't see coin control either

I am probably just missing it.

Thanks again in advance for the response.
Thank you very much, appreciate it!
Activity: 778

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

12 hours on stake maturity right?  ( have coins way beyond that still says no mature coins for staking )

Question for above - If you have say 100k coins that are mature enough and then you deposit 10k and then take out 10k and deposit 10k and take out 10k etc.... it should not touch your original 100k mature coins right?  Any withdraws logically would be taken from the most recently deposited coins?

I don't know if pos for sc wallet was changed to not need to encrypt, unlock " walletpassphrase command etc "  ( tried it both ways just in case, still nothing )

Maybe when i took out a few coins it reset all my coins maturity even though I never took out enough to even come close to the first transaction timestamp and amount.

Thanks in advance.

Was always curious how doing transactions with a POS coin would affect older coins in the wallet.

Ok, first of all you need to tick the "coin control feature" in settings so you don't waste your coin age when sending transactions (i think that's what happenned here).
Then you have an option in the settings menu "Unlock wallet" so you can unlock for stalking. (This is only if you encrypted your wallet)

Then when 12 hours have passes you'll see the lightning icon turn yellow, and when you hover it, it will give you infos about your stake. But keep in mind stake blocks are a bit random as are normal blocks so the time before you hit a block may be lower or higher than the "expected time" shown, it's just an indication.

Debug console is not needed in either cases.

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

12 hours on stake maturity right?  ( have coins way beyond that still says no mature coins for staking )

Question for above - If you have say 100k coins that are mature enough and then you deposit 10k and then take out 10k and deposit 10k and take out 10k etc.... it should not touch your original 100k mature coins right?  Any withdraws logically would be taken from the most recently deposited coins?

I don't know if pos for sc wallet was changed to not need to encrypt, unlock " walletpassphrase command etc "  ( tried it both ways just in case, still nothing )

Thanks in advance.

Jump to: