Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 73. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
What was the first day price?
Activity: 140
Everyone should start thinking about buying more. Silk looks like low hanging fruit right about now. Do you guys really think that the price is going to go to zero?

I'm am literally beside myself, and empty pockets at this point. Thinking about backing up the 401K truck lol

There's no way it will. Dev just keeps delivering!  Smiley
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
Everyone should start thinking about buying more. Silk looks like low hanging fruit right about now. Do you guys really think that the price is going to go to zero?

I'm am literally beside myself, and empty pockets at this point. Thinking about backing up the 401K truck lol
We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.

Thanks devs. Just wondering if the eco-system beta is a public beta?

Why are you so paranoid?

If you are concerned about the team's ability then don't invest here. Find something else somewhere else.

Why are you still here?
Activity: 178
We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.
bump
8 btc gets us trading at 3500 on mintpal.

Fibre Knight
Wow cryptodevil that was some major cut and paste FUD. 

I don't feel this is fud, although looking at his post on other coins, like to stir things up. I thank that is healthy when done in a way that is constructive.
Wow cryptodevil that was some major cut and paste FUD. 
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
all those fanboys defending this coin only hurt it.

It's not even OK here to ask critical questions

Should let the coin speak for itself and let fud be fud.

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Mistakes happen, and as I told you even when we saw it we never considered it as a flaw. To tell you the truth I can't remember exactly when we saw it but I remember we did'nt really care since it had 0 implication and we had a lot more problems to deal with.
Anyway is it really worth talking about it for hours? Once again no we don't think this is a "basic element", not a flaw, and no it wasn't a priority at launch since we had a lot of other issues to deal with, as an example testing if we could integrate the eco-system in the BC code since it was planned from start.
Fibre Knight
So nobody checked the code or bothered to run it on a testnet before launch? Whilst it is feasible that a simple error resulted in the wrong address format, the fact that none of you checked it or tested it leads me to highlight that 'simple error' as being potentially indicating a much larger problem, one that absolutely would affect your ability as a team to fulfil the ambitious aims you state.

Engine? I didn't intend to imply it was the engine, my use of describing the 'Ferrari with the Fiat 500 engine' is one of demonstrating how, while your front-end might look pretty and sway many a new user to it, something as simple as the basic principal elements of it's structure being equally as polished and complete, would be high on the list of things to ensure for any new coin project.

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have?
You are proposing that those who are buying into your coin put their trust in you and your team to be able to actually create that which you promise. To miss this basic element right at the start of the project does not exactly paint your team as being up to the task.

seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.
I don't personally think that would do your cause any good. You are facing a problem with forum members who were exposed as extortionists, which was dealt with, but you are also facing a problem with forum members who appear to be ignorant fanboys seeking to demonstrate that they can and will drown out reasonable discussion that they are uncomfortable with.

You would be better to focus on showing you can expose that which is FUD and, more importantly, that you are still willing and able to engage with people, like myself, who simply seek to clarify issues that honestly do present concerns with regards to how this project has and will be progressed.

Thank you for asking these questions and vetting this out for the community. I for one now respect what you are doing as a simple investor and will be curious as to the response.  I am a true fan of the coin because it reminds me of the "little engine that could", but what you are doing is not fud and is healthy to gain additional confidence in this program.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
So nobody checked the code or bothered to run it on a testnet before launch? Whilst it is feasible that a simple error resulted in the wrong address format, the fact that none of you checked it or tested it leads me to highlight that 'simple error' as being potentially indicating a much larger problem, one that absolutely would affect your ability as a team to fulfil the ambitious aims you state.

Engine? I didn't intend to imply it was the engine, my use of describing the 'Ferrari with the Fiat 500 engine' is one of demonstrating how, while your front-end might look pretty and sway many a new user to it, something as simple as the basic principal elements of it's structure being equally as polished and complete, would be high on the list of things to ensure for any new coin project.

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have?
You are proposing that those who are buying into your coin put their trust in you and your team to be able to actually create that which you promise. To miss this basic element right at the start of the project does not exactly paint your team as being up to the task.

seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.
I don't personally think that would do your cause any good. You are facing a problem with forum members who were exposed as extortionists, which was dealt with, but you are also facing a problem with forum members who appear to be ignorant fanboys seeking to demonstrate that they can and will drown out reasonable discussion that they are uncomfortable with.

You would be better to focus on showing you can expose that which is FUD and, more importantly, that you are still willing and able to engage with people, like myself, who simply seek to clarify issues that honestly do present concerns with regards to how this project has and will be progressed.
Fibre Knight
I know you want to help and thats a good thing ofcourse but we have a team for this. If you want to join the team then send them a message with your quality's and maybe they have something that fits you. The only thing to do this on a proper way is by acting professional. Also stop looking at the prices, this isnt a get rich quick pump & dump coin. You invested in this coin because you believe in it, that is a good thing.

I have to see the prices all the time, cause my wallet crashes every time i got staked coins Cheesy. The forum I made is made on a personal base and people are allowed to join, but i made it to have good information for new investors. If they open up this thread they will close it asap cause all those crap. I am determined to build a good informative site about SC with or without the dev team.

And as new as a member and investor that I am, support this effort. Plus, I don't need to provide an e-mail address...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
I know you want to help and thats a good thing ofcourse but we have a team for this. If you want to join the team then send them a message with your quality's and maybe they have something that fits you. The only thing to do this on a proper way is by acting professional. Also stop looking at the prices, this isnt a get rich quick pump & dump coin. You invested in this coin because you believe in it, that is a good thing.

I have to see the prices all the time, cause my wallet crashes every time i got staked coins Cheesy. The forum I made is made on a personal base and people are allowed to join, but i made it to have good information for new investors. If they open up this thread they will close it asap cause all those crap. I am determined to build a good informative site about SC with or without the dev team.

Wow, things are moving fast all of a sudden!
 About the self-mod thread; I think its in the best interest to do so, just close this topic with a small explanation why (including the 0.5btc story) and a link to the new one. Also make some polls about choices you guys make in the future, like F2A and such.

I agree. A good well articulated summary of what happened will help new investors when they 1) read the OP 2) read the last page.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
People not related to silkcoin shouldn't be making forums to attract members as it is not official, silkcoin team should take care of everything as it then is official.

Just be patient and let the devs do their work, if they release something good (I'm sure they will) a higher price will follow.

People that buy stocks are investing their money 1 or more years for only 5% or so in profit, crypto guys can't even wait 2 or 3 weeks.... A few days is already too long for them.
Shame on you guys!!

It's like you're saying that there shouldn't be built new churches, because..?

It's better if you have more forums. Information is what's needed.

In this case, rule of "quality over quantity" doesn't apply, IMO.

Nothing wrong with more forums, but there already is an official forum, so it's better to get users to join that one Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Wow, things are moving fast all of a sudden!
 About the self-mod thread; I think its in the best interest to do so, just close this topic with a small explanation why (including the 0.5btc story) and a link to the new one. Also make some polls about choices you guys make in the future, like F2A and such.

Thank you devs  Grin Grin
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
People not related to silkcoin shouldn't be making forums to attract members as it is not official, silkcoin team should take care of everything as it then is official.

Just be patient and let the devs do their work, if they release something good (I'm sure they will) a higher price will follow.

People that buy stocks are investing their money 1 or more years for only 5% or so in profit, crypto guys can't even wait 2 or 3 weeks.... A few days is already too long for them.
Shame on you guys!!

It's like you're saying that there shouldn't be built new churches, because..?

It's better if you have more forums. Information is what's needed.

In this case, rule of "quality over quantity" doesn't apply, IMO.

Pages:
Jump to: