Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 74. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This assertion
I work in IT and used to be a coder.

Appears to conflict with this one
you assume it's a basic change but it may not be.
It is and the fact it was not done is disconcerting.

What about all the other things the dev has delivered?
It is the fact that they created a pretty looking wallet, yet couldn't be arsed to do something as fundamentally simple and required as creating a unique address identifier that worries me.

It's like going to a Ferrari dealer, seeing this beautifully designed car and popping the bonnet, only to find a Fiat 500 engine inside.

So you are saying a single letter in the public key is the engine of the coin?

And why do we need an unique address identifier?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
People not related to silkcoin shouldn't be making forums to attract members as it is not official, silkcoin team should take care of everything as it then is official.

Just be patient and let the devs do their work, if they release something good (I'm sure they will) a higher price will follow.

People that buy stocks are investing their money 1 or more years for only 5% or so in profit, crypto guys can't even wait 2 or 3 weeks.... A few days is already too long for them.
Shame on you guys!!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
If the original forum wasn't active then make it active instead of wasting time on opening another forum.

I am not wasting time...i am investing time in this coin. If that is a bad idea according to you, then please tell me what an active community member of SC has to do...staring at my wallet all day and hoping the price will go up with all those FUD? The mods are doing nothing here in this thread (accept for deleting funny camel pictures and give me a warning for it). The original forum isn't very active and that bugs me a lot. I am planning to give a lot of time for this coin to get it under the attention of new investors, so don't tell me i am wasting my time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
This assertion
I work in IT and used to be a coder.

Appears to conflict with this one
you assume it's a basic change but it may not be.
It is and the fact it was not done is disconcerting.

What about all the other things the dev has delivered?
It is the fact that they created a pretty looking wallet, yet couldn't be arsed to do something as fundamentally simple and required as creating a unique address identifier that worries me.

It's like going to a Ferrari dealer, seeing this beautifully designed car and popping the bonnet, only to find a Fiat 500 engine inside.

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
I am sick of all those negative thoughts about Silkcoin in this thread. I started http://silkcointalk.org to build up a real community around Silkcoin. Let us build the community we need around Silkcoin without those jealous people. The devs need to see that we are serious about this coin instead of reading all those crap.

Their is already an online community ,

Www.mysilkcoin.com

And has been used for a while

Hopefully we shall see u all their

Q

I know, but it isn't very active and it was time to get the community stand firm behind Silkcoin. The idea behind it is supporting SC and i hope you are glad with that idea.

I am always glad that people wish to support us Smiley i just don't want that support to get diluted down into 4 diff places, we have a user moderated thread, this thread, mysilkcoin.com and now your site..

we had a really nice thread here before the fudsters and pump and dump groups got involved, we have resisted creating a moderated thread due to

1. diluting our following and replies
2. People screaming we don't listen to critique because we remove posts
etc etc

as soon as the rest of the team gets online we shall let you know our thoughts

Q

Yes, please only use the original forum, this thread or a self moderated threads opened by team members of SC.
The dilution is really a bad thing because people don't know where to look and it will hurt SC on the long run.
If the original forum wasn't active then make it active instead of wasting time on opening another forum.

PS. ive posted a few reply's in this topic to start some discussion about the technical background but it seems everyone is more interested in air talk. NOT GOOD!
legendary
Thanks...let me know. I have send many PM's but no answer to my support.
Activity: 364
I am sick of all those negative thoughts about Silkcoin in this thread. I started http://silkcointalk.org to build up a real community around Silkcoin. Let us build the community we need around Silkcoin without those jealous people. The devs need to see that we are serious about this coin instead of reading all those crap.

Www.mysilkcoin.com

Q

I know, but it isn't very active and it was time to get the community stand firm behind Silkcoin. The idea behind it is supporting SC and i hope you are glad with that idea.

I am always glad that people wish to support us Smiley i just don't want that support to get diluted down into 4 diff places, we have a user moderated thread, this thread, mysilkcoin.com and now your site..

we had a really nice thread here before the fudsters and pump and dump groups got involved, we have resisted creating a moderated thread due to

1. diluting our following and replies
2. People screaming we don't listen to critique because we remove posts
etc etc

as soon as the rest of the team gets online we shall let you know our thoughts

Q
Who cares about the address format? It works right? Why does it matter?

And it's not suddenly, the dev has been talking about the eco-system from the start.

Ok that is true, but then that makes the situation look worse because, if they used another coin's source code while planning to create this 'ground-breaking' ecosystem, something as simple, yet crucially important in cryptocurrency-land, as specifying an address format that could be recognised easily as their own, seems one hell of an omission.

Seriously, anyone with any IT background would recognise that there are ways in which you progress projects and something as fundamentally basic as establishing a unique format for your 'new' coin address is something that you don't just forget to do.

I work in IT and used to be a coder. I hear you but so what? There are bigger priorities... you assume it's a basic change but it may not be. Everything is a copy of a copy in the crypto world. Silkcoin brought new features that other coins wallet don't have and now it's being copied.

Why does the situation look worse? It doesn't look worse just because you say so.

What about all the other things the dev has delivered? Can you comment on those? I don't get why you are so fixated on something so small?
legendary

Www.mysilkcoin.com

Q

I know, but it isn't very active and it was time to get the community stand firm behind Silkcoin. The idea behind it is supporting SC and i hope you are glad with that idea. This topic has been full of fud and isn't very enjoyable to read for new investors.
Activity: 364

Www.mysilkcoin.com

Q
Activity: 245
The white paper isn't bad at all! It gives a good view on how they gonna build the eco system and what technique's they gonna use. The only thing that misses in the whitepaper is some comparison with systems we have now or some swarm networks that are already active. Maybe some diagrams about the authentication from the blochcain on the swarm network would make it easier for people to understand but proper reading of the white paper should give you a pretty good view on whats next.

So if people say the white paper sucks they really need to start reading and stop looking to the layout. Remember its a rev1 draft version. I feel sorry for the devs with all fud in this topic but we know already they handle this in a professional way.

The only thing i want some more indepth on is the difference by running a full p2p node and a client. Is a full node being rewarded with fee from ads? Also some graphs about data growth would be nice and if there are things in place to reduce p2p swarm bloating by using self destructing ads etc. It would be nice that ad type data gets a selfdestruct timer. Why do we need history when we have the future?
legendary

And it's not suddenly, the dev has been talking about the eco-system from the start.

Ok that is true, but then that makes the situation look worse because, if they used another coin's source code while planning to create this 'ground-breaking' ecosystem, something as simple, yet crucially important in cryptocurrency-land, as specifying an address format that could be recognised easily as their own, seems one hell of an omission.

Seriously, anyone with any IT background would recognise that there are ways in which you progress projects and something as fundamentally basic as establishing a unique format for your 'new' coin address is something that you don't just forget to do.

legendary
Seemed like people just started panic selling because the white paper was not formatted up to their standards or something.

There is still the nagging concern regarding the fact that, if they couldn't be bothered to change the address format from the Blackcoin code they copied, why on earth would they suddenly be looking at creating this epic ecosystem that is described in the whitepaper?

I don't think copying a coin's source code is necessarily a problem, Object-Oriented programming, especially in open-source, is all about being able to incorporate existing code into your own project but something as simple as specifying an address format that would at least represent the name of your own coin in some way, is one of the fundamentals of coin design.

legendary
Seemed like people just started panic selling because the white paper was not formatted up to their standards or something.

There is still the nagging concern regarding the fact that, if they couldn't be bothered to change the address format from the Blackcoin code they copied, why on earth would they suddenly be looking at creating this epic ecosystem that is described in the whitepaper?

I don't think copying a coin's source code is necessarily a problem, Object-Oriented programming, especially in open-source, is all about being able to incorporate existing code into your own project but something as simple as specifying an address format that would at least represent the name of your own coin in some way, is one of the fundamentals of coin design.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
It's really dropping like a rock now. .

manipulator manipulates

lol we just buy more and it will piss all the dumpers off Cheesy

Good time to buy, very foolish to dump!
Activity: 476
As long as the devs are still active and are supporting coin, im still in and supporting.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
White paper isn't the problem, there is no problem  Wink

A small group of smart traders are just accumulating coins to get them off the market, with less coins on the market it will be easy for them to pump the price.

And they have also less worries about people dumping then. I can't really say that I didn't like the dump as it gave me the opportunity of buying in at low prices Smiley

Remember 1 thing :  Soon the dump will end, the whales can't risk putting large sell orders at these prices because they will get eaten in no time!

Activity: 154
if you look at drk's history.
look back to 4/26. it was first larger pump from beginning, and drk was about to release but haven't at that moment.
whale trying to FUD and get as many drk as possible. it almost lose half or more of it's price.
after 8 days, it start pump, and never go back to the price it was...
so if you truly believe in this coin, you should buy as more as possible.
if you don't like, just leave.
if you are making FUD here, your intention is simply wanna buy more in cheap.
Don't tell me you are good guy so you warn everybody..
I am good guy, I sometimes warn people on poloniex, but I am not 24hours/7days here.
guys like megaman seems here for quite long, I don't believe he is so called "good guy", perhaps just like everybody said, he is trying to buy in cheap.

but it also remind me some coins that I had experience.
community is greedy, they rush in because they feel you are (coin is) interesting, innovate, hot. 
obvious, whitepaper is not interesting at all, most of people don't look into details, just look at format, and how it "looks" like.
and of course silkcoin's whitepaper "looks" not professional, so people leave.
if dev not release something that people can "see" and understand soon, price may drop even lower.
and it sometimes cause a coin dead.

but don't get me wrong, I do believe silkcoin will success, and I am buying more. Smiley
Just some thought..

Pages:
Jump to: