Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2 - page 48. (Read 161541 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
This forum is overcharging. I'll buy 10K for .2 BTC or best offer... (since people have sold for half that on the exchange recently and the highest buy order on the exchange is a little over half this price)
plz I need to multiply my holdings by 10x!  Cool

If you say so... I have sold at 3500, 4000, 4010 and 4100 satoshis so far on OpenEx... a few small orders in the 5Ks as well but not significant amounts... spot on what I was selling for here @ .35 BTC ofr 10K... not our fault others want to dump... just ppl trying to get what they can ASAP.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
And why did the network go Sad
 Cheesy
This forum is overcharging. I'll buy 10K for .2 BTC or best offer... (since people have sold for half that on the exchange recently and the highest buy order on the exchange is a little over half this price)
plz I need to multiply my holdings by 10x!  Cool
For the Wikipedia noobs out there, let me explain...

#1: Citation needed is the username of the person who nominated the article for deletion.  Cheesy
#2: Coinye and DOGEcoin have articles because of the response from the media and the insane hype  Roll Eyes
#3: There is no chance of the article staying right now.
#4: Once there is significant coverage in "reliable sources" the article will be able to stay.

Wink
emu
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
stupidity manager
I got the message that there needs to be a nice plain simple logo but also a nice looking coin.
 As written in the unwritten "Internal Rules of CryptocurenZ". So here my coin-drafts.

coin

small

16px (for coinmarketcap etc)

normal logo in 16px (looks nice)

give me your thoughts
donate if you feel like you got to much skcs Kiss
good night
emu
stupidity manager
made some changes to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeincoin.. i placed two articles in it so for those who like to read something about skeincoin take a look Smiley if anyone has an article about skeincoin pls place them in this wiki with reference.. this might help us to get some more attention Smiley.. hopefully it wont be delete now..

the chances for the article NOT to be deleted are <10% imho, that's wiki not some altcoin blog ^^
still nice to try, I wouldn't have that energy! thx!

skc is one of the few coins listed as hybrid/alt coin @ http://altcoins.com/ - that's how I found my way to SKC btw.
maybe that's what they see as "reliable" source - I wouldn't, though. I wrote a few wiki-articles in the last years, and most of them got away - after getting 50% of the content striped without good reasons. And that was relevant stuff, translated from other languag-wikis, science-proof stuff with articles from journals as proof etc. - not just some "small" coin that might have a future. wiki is huge and the mods are ... hm.... confident in their view on the world maybe Smiley

anyway, safe the plaintext, you might get another chance if the first blogs start to talk about skc in a few months Smiley skc will be huge and then everything will be okay. but quark has problems with wiki too, and QRK had 85000% growth in a few months and is a huge player. wiki isn't ready for more than BTC, LTC and hype/memecoins atm I guess.  Kiss
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
made some changes to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeincoin.. i placed two articles in it so for those who like to read something about skeincoin take a look Smiley if anyone has an article about skeincoin pls place them in this wiki with reference.. this might help us to get some more attention Smiley.. hopefully it wont be delete now..
Hopefully would not be removed, but still it doesn't meet the General notability guideline:
"If a topic has received significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject, it is presumed to be suitable for a stand-alone article or list."

just make some substantial noise up here like i did :p and add some relevant articles perhapes :p
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Skeincoin

oh and the weekly poll:
http://skeincoin.wordpress.com/

oh and for 250 skc pls vote :p and check the app here to make a better chance
madjihad = 7
emu = 187
GielBier = 42
MethMatician = 53
Activity: 227
Merit: 260
Hopefully would not be removed, but still it doesn't meet the General notability guideline:
"If a topic has received significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject, it is presumed to be suitable for a stand-alone article or list."
Activity: 70
:)
It surprises me that people consider Doge and CoinYe having a good marketing team. Far from it.
I'm not talking about commercial marketing, with good teams, etc. I'm talking about virus marketing (via memes) and activists from community!!! Check DOGE page here, it's huge! Roll Eyes
It surprises me that people consider Doge and CoinYe having a good marketing team. Far from it.

Doge was hyped, raped by rapidly declining blockreward. (inf strat), hyped by seeding false data to the coincap site. (troublesome exchange that nobody could reach, but kept buying Doge for insane prices), the hacks on pools (ATM).

The same for CoinYe;
Pre-announcement to early, paying several (crypto)newssites to pick it up. Getting the guy that's being used as Coin-mantra to sue you. Hacked pools.

In my opinion that just a pump-and-dump scheme, and I wouldn't touch those with a ten foot pole.

Yes, they have marketing, but relatively to Skein, not to another marketing monsters like MasterCoin/Quark/Nxt etc. First I've saw DOGE in google search result for something like "scrypt gpu cgminer" and it wasn't on coinmarketcup at that time. I've decided to check what is that, and there were a LOT of stuff in google about it: Facebook, blogs, atricles, etc. I've thought: "Damn another clone", but then it got into coinmarket cup at crazy price. I agree it's not classic PR (like with NXT, MasterCoin) - it's black PR, which is even better sometimes, especially when you're trying to sell some shit Cheesy Probably they will go to nowhere in log perspective, but still without any support/PR even good enough project, like Skeincoin will never become popular. People would not start googling for "Skeincoin" or "SKC" coz they have never heard about it.

Innovation > Meme/Hype/Marketing thus,

Skein (and also Blake)> Non Innovative Scypt Clone anyday.

Yes, thet's our main feature. And beleaive me, when scrypt ASICs will be released and in stock, huge hashpowers will move to alternative GPU friendly coins, like Skein. That would be the only option for them (like it was with moving from BTC to LTC gpu mining during last year). So our currect main target is to spread the Skeincoin name to people. And then it's up to them to decide if it's good enough to use it.
emu
stupidity manager
openex SKC trading history is reaching 1BTC volume milestone in the next hours/days (atm skc for 0,7BTC traded)  Kiss

and it is HARD to buy skc atm, the mask is telling wrong numbers etc. a lot of work for the openex guys, big BETA sign needed everywhere. atm if you buy skc it's asking for the BTC amount you want to invest but is buying the equal SKC amount instead. thus no calculation how much you SKCs will cost. guess it will be okay again tomorrow
Activity: 914
Making Smart Money Work

Doge was hyped, raped by rapidly declining blockreward. (inf strat), hyped by seeding false data to the coincap site. (troublesome exchange that nobody could reach, but kept buying Doge for insane prices), the hacks on pools (ATM).

The same for CoinYe;
Pre-announcement to early, paying several (crypto)newssites to pick it up. Getting the guy that's being used as Coin-mantra to sue you. Hacked pools.

In my opinion that just a pump-and-dump scheme, and I wouldn't touch those with a ten foot pole.

Innovation > Meme/Hype/Marketing thus,

Skein (and also Blake)> Non Innovative Scypt Clone anyday.
Damn "average typical altcoin". Which misinformed soul wrote that?
Skein algo, FGPA possibilty, Fast, Energy efficient. And let me guess, CoinYe and Doge have a wikipedia page. :S.

I think they have good communication and marketing ... but crypto. algo advantages especially not smell ...imho)
Activity: 914
Making Smart Money Work
Damn "average typical altcoin". Which misinformed soul wrote that?
Skein algo, FGPA possibilty, Fast, Energy efficient. And let me guess, CoinYe and Doge have a wikipedia page. :S.
Hi!!!
Find the article about Skein on Wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeincoin  
But, moderators is going to delete it...becouse it is not important information Sad(((
Have any ideas, how to save it?

Doesn't meet the general notability guidelines. Average, typical altcoin. Only claim to fame is using Skein over scrypt or SHA. Citation Needed | Talk 15:07, 11 January 2014 (UTC)

proper citation needed thats the reason why it is being deleted..
emu
stupidity manager
hope. nothing else can help. still good to have it, even if it is just for a while.
things that might help:
backlinks from other wiki-sites, e.g. from skein ("for it beeing efficient on 64bit systems it has been implented in crypto coins such as quark->link and skein-> link"). but even that might be useless.
the "skein" word should link to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skein_(hash_function) and not to the skein blabla page
Hi!!!
Find the article about Skein on Wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeincoin 
But, moderators is going to delete it...becouse it is not important information Sad(((
soo.. start guessing and perhapes start boosting the downloads

7...hopefully much more, but still it's my bet Smiley
Any comments, ideas, fixes are highly appreciated Smiley)))))

Also, we need more activity, becouse difficulty of mining are growing, but we have no Skeincoin on Cryptsy exchange....
true we need cryptsy, for that more activity. I like your work, still I think most of them look to much like another clonecoin (shiny, metall etc), that's why I prefer Meth's version which is using the old SKC logo + added a little coiny feeling. Your 1 is best imho btw. Clear and simple. still skein is a strand, so it has to be a little tangled and be a homage to the skein sha-3 crypto Wink

I like the last Coin, it looks expensive, royal, professional. But I strongly believe that we need 2 types of logo (like bitcoin and litecoin have): The coin itself and the logo. And here I'm agree with emu, the logo should be simple, and it should be used in applications, everywhere where we need small, recognizable image of skein. But the "Coin" should be more complicated, detailed, reach-looking.

Here is bitcoin examples:
1. The logo - simple, easy to recognize.

2. The coin - detailed, cool, royal.
Pages:
Jump to: