Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 110. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 677
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Last 24 hours BALLS has traded 5.0-6.0% of the float versus 0.5% for HYP...
So at the tail end of the "rollercoaster" it has 10 times the liquidity of HYP...
And until recently HYP was the only liquid High Stake coin.

There's a lesson here:

By introducing occasional, short "rollercoaster" periods...
All the low volume high stake coins like HBN, CAP, TEK, PHS, TRK, etc...
Could significantly increase their liquidity... and get more exchange listings...
As opposed to US Govt partner Cryptsy having investors by the balls.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I think today there is very high staking difficulty because all day I have only staked one small stale set of balls.. So I am wondering if tomorrow I may stake again if not today.
Activity: 677
So with staking, I had coins matured enough to stake yesterday and today I restarted my computer to apply updates and it says I am not staking anymore. So that's 2,000 confirms with the client open each time?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
my balls wallet won't update properly stuck syncing at 82200

Reload client

did that now its stuck again 82201 :/ tried restarting again and no change
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
hello
i want to ask
my laptop is already instaled DeepFrezee
if i restart my laptop it condition back to before
is it okay for me to install this wallet( of course i shut down DeepFrezee first)
with the deepFreeze working inside on it ?
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

Reload client
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I am very impressed with BALLS so far.. I am now staking for longer term as well ..two days in i got my coins from 24.5k Balls to 34.680..I also don't have the laptop on 24 hours because it is old..  Smiley
legendary
Yooo Whats goin onnn??  Third time generated coin but not accepted whats up Dev?Huh

Still orphans
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Yooo Whats goin onnn??  Third time generated coin but not accepted whats up Dev?Huh
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
They only split if it stakes too often. If you are behind schedule, it will not split
Aha! So, if it is more than 2 days since last stake (I saw 4500 confirms for my super-stake) it does not split?

Correct. It only splits if you stake everyday. This is why I keep saying...if you miss a day staking, you aren't missing any coins  Wink

Here is my staking for the past week.  As you can see its different everyday.

legendary
They only split if it stakes too often. If you are behind schedule, it will not split
Aha! So, if it is more than 2 days since last stake (I saw 4500 confirms for my super-stake) it does not split?

Correct. It only splits if you stake everyday. This is why I keep saying...if you miss a day staking, you aren't missing any coins  Wink
Activity: 595
legendary
As big as you want. They will get split, anyway
Actually, I think that the latest wallet does not split blocks any longer (or in any case, not always).
I got suspicious a few days ago when an input that I had re-assembled (by sending my wallet balance
to my own address, minus a fee of 6.4 balls) with the old 1.0.3 wallet, it had staked (and split in two)
and then those two took some time to stake again, I believe that I have updated my wallet to 1.0.4
in between those two staking, but I thought nothing of it - they were so far apart in staking that I did
not want to destroy the coindays of the first stake (now two inputs) even though I prefer to have one
single large input, but I simply waited for the next round.
If both inputs would have staked *and split* then I would have had 4 inputs now. So, two days later
I opened my wallet and waited for 4 stakes. First to stake was much larger than I expected for the
time and expected size of the input and indeed the next two stakes were just over half the first.
And then nothing - the arrow turned gray, no more mature coins and I waited a few more hours but I
concluded that the wallet must have made a mistake, not splitting one of the two original inputs, so
I should be satisfied with 3 stakes (one almost double the later two) and move on.
So, I recombined everything again, ready for the super-stake around block 85k.
I had trouble with my wallet - even needed to go back to a backup - due to my laptop crashing, so
I only got on the super-stake close to block 85k. Since it was over 2 days since last stake and a large
(36k balls) input, it staked an hour later, producing 24k - not too shabby.
Today, after just over a day since the super-stake, my wallet staked again and produced a 14k stake.
Now that triggered me!
Because the 36k input produced a stake after 4500 confirmations at a time the reward was still close to 10000%, probably 9500%
and now after half the time (2300 confirmations) and with the reward down to just above 7000% the stake of
14k can only be produced if the input of 60k (36k + 24k) was not split. My calculation:
24k stake x (7000/9500) x (60k/36k) x (2300/4500) = 15k
My stake was 14k and I may have some numbers not exactly right, but *no way* that this stake is possible from a *split* output,
it must have been from an unsplit one!
Note that several other PoS coins have experimented with avoiding stake splits to keep inputs in a certain size range, most notably
the Hyp (Hyperstake) coin, but earlier also the ORB and others. If you copied staking source code from any one of them, it may explain
why splitting is not working the same way.
My observation has been that the green/gray arrow is *correct* in telling if you have coins available for staking,
but it is the split after staking, what is unreliable (in the last wallet).
NOTE that with coin control, all of this would not be a guessing game that needs calculations and
multiple observations to prove, like I did here.
Hope this helps!

They only split if it stakes in a reasonable amount of time as due. If you are behind schedule, it will not split to make up the difference in missed time
Activity: 595
Actually, I think that the latest wallet does not split blocks any longer (or in any case, not always).
I got suspicious a few days ago when an input that I had re-assembled (by sending my wallet balance
to my own address, minus a fee of 6.4 balls) with the old 1.0.3 wallet, it had staked (and split in two)
and then those two took some time to stake again, I believe that I have updated my wallet to 1.0.4
in between those two staking, but I thought nothing of it - they were so far apart in staking that I did
not want to destroy the coindays of the first stake (now two inputs) even though I prefer to have one
single large input, but I simply waited for the next round.
If both inputs would have staked *and split* then I would have had 4 inputs now. So, two days later
I opened my wallet and waited for 4 stakes. First to stake was much larger than I expected for the
time and expected size of the input and indeed the next two stakes were just over half the first.
And then nothing - the arrow turned gray, no more mature coins and I waited a few more hours but I
concluded that the wallet must have made a mistake, not splitting one of the two original inputs, so
I should be satisfied with 3 stakes (one almost double the later two) and move on.
So, I recombined everything again, ready for the super-stake around block 85k.
I had trouble with my wallet - even needed to go back to a backup - due to my laptop crashing, so
I only got on the super-stake close to block 85k. Since it was over 2 days since last stake and a large
(36k balls) input, it staked an hour later, producing 24k - not too shabby.
Today, after just over a day since the super-stake, my wallet staked again and produced a 14k stake.
Now that triggered me!
Because the 36k input produced a stake after 4500 confirmations at a time the reward was still close to 10000%, probably 9500%
and now after half the time (2300 confirmations) and with the reward down to just above 7000% the stake of
14k can only be produced if the input of 60k (36k + 24k) was not split. My calculation:
24k stake x (7000/9500) x (60k/36k) x (2300/4500) = 15k
My stake was 14k and I may have some numbers not exactly right, but *no way* that this stake is possible from a *split* output,
it must have been from an unsplit one!
Note that several other PoS coins have experimented with avoiding stake splits to keep inputs in a certain size range, most notably
the Hyp (Hyperstake) coin, but earlier also the ORB and others. If you copied staking source code from any one of them, it may explain
why splitting is not working the same way.
My observation has been that the green/gray arrow is *correct* in telling if you have coins available for staking,
but it is the split after staking, what is unreliable (in the last wallet).
NOTE that with coin control, all of this would not be a guessing game that needs calculations and
multiple observations to prove, like I did here.
Hope this helps!
Activity: 826
Merit: 255
How many confirms until Snowballs are matured enough to start being staked?
Maturity (you can spend your new staked coins) is after 120 confirms.
To enable staking again for the same input, it takes a day (approx 2000 confirms)
see the OP (the first post in this thread).
Which is the optimal block size?
Thanks!

Snowballs wallet run for stake in win 32?

I have 180 confirmations and staked arrow is gray. "Not staking because you dont have mature coins"
This is normal?

24 hours after deposit

@iGotSpots Thank you very much!
legendary
To enable staking again for the same input, it takes a day (approx 2000 confirms)
Thanks!

I have 180 confirmations and staked arrow is gray. "Not staking because you dont have mature coins"
This is normal?

24 hours after deposit
Thanks!

This is normal?
Thanks!

Jump to: