Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 169. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
has anyone made any contact with HashNZ.If they cant work out how to log in with another account because their main account was banned to let people know whats going on than they really shouldnt be running an exchange Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Nice project iGotSpots!
I have some coins and I keep them to stake.
I hope others do also then the price can hold.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Less than 300 blocks left in PoW
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
@ ocminer

Quick question about withdrawel fee.

I see the 20 Ball tx fee to withdraw. What if we don't have that many in the pool? Do I owe you to withdraw?
legendary
POW Finish??

It ends at block 25,000. We are currently on block 24,686
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
legendary
In case you guys didn't see. We had spikes of nearly 600 Terahash with several blocks per second and no forks. Seednodes have all had nearly 80 connections all night

Don't let anyone keep fooling you by saying faster blocks cannot be secured by a proper network. Seednodes, checkpoints, and proper trusted, decentralized node setup can secure anything
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1057
Hey guys .. what is the pos interest per month? i'm a little confuse

416.666666666666.....%
So my math was correct , Thx
legendary

416.666666666666.....%
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1057
legendary
INCOMPLETE
snowballs https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-snowballs-balls-sha256-25k-blocks-mined-5000-proof-of-stake-842827

Heritage: very close to vanilla ppcoin, mmxiv

Problems:

* MODEATE: genesis seed is not a news event
* MODERATE: Blocks 23 to 120 is purposefully set to have minimum difficulty, making instamining these blocks trivial

Notes:

+      if (!fProofOfStake && pindexLast->nHeight >= 23 && pindexLast->nHeight < 120)
+        return bnProofOfWorkLimit.GetCompact(); // most of the 1st 120 blocks

this looks like a (not security related) bug:
-    fs::path pathConfigFile(GetArg("-conf", "ppcoin.conf"));
+    fs::path pathConfigFile(GetArg("-conf", "mmxiv.conf"));

First ever coin I've evaluated with a code base so old that it doesn't include `getrawtransaction`. Because of this, and no usable block explorer, I consider this review incomplete. I could not evaluate the difficulty adjustment curve nor if there was any premine.
I expect to update this review either when someone ports getrawtransaction, two independent parties throw up Abe based block explorers, or ports my local block explorer to somehow work without getrawtransaction

Watermarks: uint64, pos

Very inaccurate. Genesis block is the same as Maieuticoin (on purpose). It is based off the newest PPC, very new code. The blocks were meant to be fast and mined before staking started. Technically, we are behind on mining. The first 23 blocks were for me to test with difficulty in the hundreds so blocks were slow and not instamined while I synced up all the seednodes, the difficulty was reset to 1. You'll see in the explorer once it's up that those blocks had a significantly higher difficulty

Block explorers are very easily made. Maieuticoin has had three and it's nearly the same code. I usually respect and welcome your evaluation, and while code wise you are correct and none of it is a secret, you dropped the ball on your personal conclusions
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
INCOMPLETE
snowballs https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-snowballs-balls-sha256-25k-blocks-mined-5000-proof-of-stake-842827

Heritage: very close to vanilla ppcoin, mmxiv

Problems:

* MODEATE: genesis seed is not a news event
* MODERATE: Blocks 23 to 120 is purposefully set to have minimum difficulty, making instamining these blocks trivial

Notes:

+      if (!fProofOfStake && pindexLast->nHeight >= 23 && pindexLast->nHeight < 120)
+        return bnProofOfWorkLimit.GetCompact(); // most of the 1st 120 blocks

this looks like a (not security related) bug:
-    fs::path pathConfigFile(GetArg("-conf", "ppcoin.conf"));
+    fs::path pathConfigFile(GetArg("-conf", "mmxiv.conf"));

First ever coin I've evaluated with a code base so old that it doesn't include `getrawtransaction`. Because of this, and no usable block explorer, I consider this review incomplete. I could not evaluate the difficulty adjustment curve nor if there was any premine.
I expect to update this review either when someone ports getrawtransaction, two independent parties throw up Abe based block explorers, or ports my local block explorer to somehow work without getrawtransaction

Watermarks: uint64, pos
legendary
No coin control? or am I missing it?

Not yet. We are still testing it with Maieuticoin. You can check the pre-release of version 1.0.3, it's still got a couple issues, but we are close. Once we have that completed, we can put coin control into BALLS much easier

The maturity time is only 24 hours, so not having coin control isn't as bad as it is with coins that you have to hold for months before staking

Ok Thank you.

So maturity is determined by timestamp and not number of confirmations?

Once my coins are in the wallet for 24hrs when should I expect pos to begin generating coins?

You'll be staking like a mad man by this time tomorrow
Activity: 434

Not yet. We are still testing it with Maieuticoin. You can check the pre-release of version 1.0.3, it's still got a couple issues, but we are close. Once we have that completed, we can put coin control into BALLS much easier

The maturity time is only 24 hours, so not having coin control isn't as bad as it is with coins that you have to hold for months before staking

Ok Thank you.

So maturity is determined by timestamp and not number of confirmations?

Once my coins are in the wallet for 24hrs when should I expect pos to begin generating coins?
legendary

How many tx for a coin to become mature for staking purposes?

If this info is in the op, please let me know and I will re-read it again. I did not see it.
legendary
6.4 is the lowest amount you can send
Can't get my balls off c-cex in order to stake? keep getting error.
Support has credited coins back to me once already and now the same error.

Knowing C-cex's history with pos coins is this being done intentionally in order for them to stake the coins and not the user?

According to c-cex's support there is a minimum amount that the wallet will send, the exact amount is unknown:

""Support: 26 coins is too small for it and it gives error. ""code":-101,"message":"Send amount too small""

Dev, what is the minimum amount?
Can't get my balls off c-cex in order to stake? keep getting error.
Support has credited coins back to me once already and now the same error.

Knowing C-cex's history with pos coins is this being done intentionally in order for them to stake the coins and not the user?
Jump to: