Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 110. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 601
Merit: 500
blocktime around 20s now
difficulty: 363G
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Maybe you can put here link for voting on poloneix & cryptsy... Smiley
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
ok, im out the door for search and rescue. ill answer everyone elses questions that crop up this evening,and write the few people who were involved with the launch early on that had problems and left in a huff. hopefully we can talk them into returning to the community. i hate to  have ANYONE upset with the way things went.  and HOPEFULLY by this evening we will have word back from poloniex or bleu regarding exchange inclusion.

ill post our equation-derived initial valuation when we get the exchange listings set. have a wonderful day, all and evryone
the majority of the outstanding bounties (including node hosting bounties that slipped by me last night) have been completed. im only waiting on one more person who is owed a bounty. i will be posting an accounting from the community reserve tonite, reflecting the testnet mining and node bounties as well as the hidden message genesis block reward thing.

0x0df95691d1a42e5714214f86540eade305538185                     3000 SENT
0x07a3944fceb1413b1b16c97a9f0dac42cf002ba7                       3000 SENT
0x54697e20e8e2bf6384e17b68795bf1b2b944c01e                      5000 SENT
0x54697e20e8e2bf6384e17b68795bf1b2b944c01e                      3000 SENT
0xe51c852892c964d2ef1a82f33e63256238ea62dd            669.0859375 SENT
0x36d68473a821f1fe7a45686927b0947bf2fa372d                       3000 SENT
0x9492b1b55209269fcd03678edd24e4919ba8a23f          134.55921735 SENT
0xdb499305d88ba88ab5836fcb962eec88a06972e7             63.6796875 SENT
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963
[...]
The entire crypto-community needs to realize everyone needs incentives to work and no one is working for free. No crypto-currency is immune to this fact, it’s just pure and simply economics in action."

Exactly, dev working for free, paying for services and additional features with his own hard earned money - this is why we cannot have a nice thing.
Premine is needed to cover expenses during launch, development, implementation of new features and for bounties given to community.
Activity: 473
ty for fast reply..

just 200SOIL since the beginning with 40mhs ...

dat low BlockReward with huge hashrate network  Angry
not really fair launch..

it reminds me some scam shit flash coins Cheesy

we were hit with a massive mining farm (or three) almost immediately upon launch. it was halfway expected to happen, but nowhere near that much. 8 SOIL block reward is actually more generous than ETH (5) or SHF (3), two of the other ETH-based coins, and is the same as EXP. within an hour, a single wallet address (the biggest farm to hit us) was nearly 10,000 SOIL.

the hasimoto dagger algorithm is ASIC-resistant, unfortunately it isnt ASIC-PROOF. i did research in the weeks approaching launch, if we could find a single IP governor to cap hashrates coming in, but sadly, theres no such thing invented yet.

"fair launch" isnt about how fast the network hashes, its about ensuring everyone has plenty of foreknowledge regarding WHEN the launch is, with ample communication regarding when the main net packages would be released, which to prevent malicious mining before our scheduled launch, were naturally released approximately 15 minutes before actual launch. there was no way to prevent how we were mined by third parties at the moment of launch

the system is much ore stable now, block times are much closer to their targeted time, and the variant gravity well difficulty algorithm is operating as it should. the difficulty algorithm cant adjust by several factors immediately, but did so incrementally as the system began to gain its traction.
When the soil appear on the stock exchange?

im working diligently on that, and expect to hear something from poloniex this afternoon. ihave a search and rescue operation to attend this morning into the afternoon here in cape breton to search for a hunter that did not make it home last night, which, i hope all can understand, takes priority.
1 million premine, nice. I thought it was supposed to be no premine coin. Good luck.

we did a LOT of thinking and discussions regarding this among the development team before we launched, and the overall reserve has been posted on teh website for weeks. we did take into consideration the community attitude towards reserves or premines, but in the end, felt it necessary to place a reserve on teh genesis block to fund further development.

800,000 was placed in the community reserve. you can check the balance via explorer.soilcoin.xyz. a reserve in the genesis block was necessary to pay out testnet mining bounties, to be able to fund the faucet (which will be up today, with a 0.05SOIL dispersement once every 24 hours), giveaways will be set on social media this week, and further bounties for feature development will be sent out as they are completed.

the community reserve wallet address is 0x3204a79b0245c5e1d5efe39179017a1c6c00b322

200,000 soil was split between the two developers for this project. we have made our wallet addresses public as well (http://soilcoin.xyz/index.php/community/) and you can check those as often as you like to verify that the development team has not touched their reserves. we DO deserve some reward for the amount of work we have put into this project, and within DAYS the coins held by the community at large will eclipse what the development team has, thru mining and testnet bounties already sent out.

my wallet address is 0xe46731382fbc47621a6c480d4b6118026bbbcb3a
soil's wallet address is 0xafc571db22ca80776def02150955026ff7329467

i will be posting a ledger for what dispersements have come out of the community reserve later today with an updated balance here on BCT and on the community page on teh website.

i present one last thing for your consideration, just a quote from another developer...

Evan Duffield:“If you look at the cryptocurrency space, 99% of the currencies fail because their mining is based on Bitcoin’s algorithm which was quite ‘fair’.

However, it doesn’t work anymore for newer coins because not enough distribution of the coin supply goes to the founders (the ones that actually do the work). So there’s not enough incentive to work on the project, because there’s a bunch of miners looking to make some money by dumping coins they got for free, so the founders get frustrated and dump their coins. This happens over and over again.

The entire crypto-community needs to realize everyone needs incentives to work and no one is working for free. No crypto-currency is immune to this fact, it’s just pure and simply economics in action."

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

not really fair launch..

we were hit with a massive mining farm (or three) almost immediately upon launch. it was halfway expected to happen, but nowhere near that much. 8 SOIL block reward is actually more generous than ETH (5) or SHF (3), two of the other ETH-based coins, and is the same as EXP. within an hour, a single wallet address (the biggest farm to hit us) was nearly 10,000 SOIL.

the hasimoto dagger algorithm is ASIC-resistant, unfortunately it isnt ASIC-PROOF. i did research in the weeks approaching launch, if we could find a single IP governor to cap hashrates coming in, but sadly, theres no such thing invented yet.

"fair launch" isnt about how fast the network hashes, its about ensuring everyone has plenty of foreknowledge regarding WHEN the launch is, with ample communication regarding when the main net packages would be released, which to prevent malicious mining before our scheduled launch, were naturally released approximately 15 minutes before actual launch. there was no way to prevent how we were mined by third parties at the moment of launch

the system is much ore stable now, block times are much closer to their targeted time, and the variant gravity well difficulty algorithm is operating as it should. the difficulty algorithm cant adjust by several factors immediately, but did so incrementally as the system began to gain its traction.
How much is total coin supply?

presently we've decided on 30 million total supply, with block reward halving every 1.8 million blocks (the first at approximately 15 million SOIL minted) which should take nearly 2 years to reach as the daily distribution curve settles into place. we will be moving towards democratic voting regarding these things once we reach 2 million SOIL minted (to ensure fair distribution of SOIL overall.. there will be a 1 SOIL/1 VOTE apparatus. the community will have a say regarding this, but if we retain the present scheduling, it will be approximately 12 years before we reach total supply mintage. it is a fair bet that well before that time, the Proof of Stake algorithm adjustment for the Ethereum based coins will be solved and we can move towards that within a few years. i dont expect us to move towards PoS before the first block reward halving, but that is something that the community will have a definite say towards.
Wow I didn't see the reward for running a node lol I've been running 2 sense I started mining looks like I'm too late for the reward but I'll bring them back on main net

once we get the mainnet running, send me your wallet address and ill get a bounty sent out to you.

Hi received my coins for mining during test net but how about for nodes or was I too late to claim them?

ill fix that for you today. yesterday was so crazy that your node bounty slipped thru the cracks...

i have to head out for a search and rescue operation thats been called here in cape breton, so ill be out for a couplefew hours. just waiting for my ride to the search site. the same applies to the other who have sent me their wallets over last night, ill get you your bounties sent out AS SOON as i get back.

poloniex DID finally write back last night, theyd asked for some updates on information yesterday which i supplied them with, and SOIL is under review. they mentioned theyd let me know this afternoon, so hopefully by the time i get back. if anyone wants to help that process, send poloniex a letter supporting the request to have SOIL listed. coinotron also wrote back, theyve stated as soon as we're listed on some of the main exchanges, theyll list us there as well.

thank you all for your patience regarding the exchanges. as i said before, unfortunately i cant control when and how the exchanges respond, but i have been writing them constantly. i think the launch went pretty good, there were hiccups, naturally, but from what ive noticed, every coin suffers those. we got hit by some big mining farms almost immediately and that messed up block times pretty hard, but the system seems to be running closer to optimum this morning.

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
When the soil appear on the stock exchange?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
1 million premine, nice. I thought it was supposed to be no premine coin. Good luck.
Activity: 473

not really fair launch..

Activity: 250
I tried your .bat for a few seconds, and it works. It is something on your side.
Huh Sad
Yes, it works on home pc, probably something with internet at work.
Shit! Port 2000 was closed in router! Solved....
Activity: 543
I tried your .bat for a few seconds, and it works. It is something on your side.
Try some other ETH coin on suprnova, like EXP, SHIFT , and see how it goes.

BTW Transactions are blazingly fast
Others work fine.
Activity: 543
Try some other ETH coin on suprnova, like EXP, SHIFT , and see how it goes.

BTW Transactions are blazingly fast
Jump to: