Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 45. (Read 237604 times)

legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE PROJECTS
2nd HALF 2016

-climateprediction.net : The SOILcoin Project is actively working with climateprediction.net to build the BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) platform onto the SOILcoin network, to incentivize users to run climate models on people’s home computers to help answer questions about how climate change is affecting our world. These computer models simulate the climate for the next century, producing predictions of temperature, rainfall and the probability of extreme weather events.
Is this still in the works?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
With the attacks we have seen on other Etherium forks, what is Soilcoin doing about this? Smiley

I notice this link on the FB page.
http://cryptohustle.com/smaller-blockchains-find-a-solution-against-network-attacks

Over the past week there have been multiple attacks on smaller Ethereum based blockchains like Shift and Krypton. Both blockchains were forked due to 51% attacks combined with DoS attacks against nodes.

The Krypton blockchain was recently hijacked and nearly switched over to a non-Ethereum based POS chain, as an emergency solution. As it turns out, Krypton will be staying as an Ethereum based POW chain because an alternative solution was found.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Welcome back.

First priority should be security for the chain.
Theres been an asshole group attacking coins ruining a lot of value and projects....

Ethcode really needs update.
The nodes are horrible and accept whatevers thrown at them
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Sounds like a good time to considering moving to Expanse again.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Activity: 477
Merit: 501
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
hello community. things, financially, have been finally clearing up for me and hopefully ill now be able to start working on SOIL again. its been a terrible summer, and living hand-to-mouth has been very stressful. ive kept up with my reading, watching whats going on with the crypto world, and am presently in talks with a couple people about coming aboard a newly reinvigorated development team for SOILcoin. i have remained working on some of the applications we have been working on.. the platinum and paladium based tokens have been built, and im testing the casting and recasting methods. i have a new website built and will be purchasing our domain name for a permanent home for SOILcoin. im sorry that ive not had the chance to really work much with you guys this summer, real life intruded and while abbsent, ive never given up on SOIL. i have always viewed this currency, this project, as a long term goal... five years out has always been my horizon, and with the advances going through the EVM and related fields, im excited for our future. i finallly have the time this week to get some servers back up and running, to get the stats, pools, explorers, website, SOIL-ex, etc. back up and running on their front ends. ive worked out a lot on using the tech from the btc-relay (which has SOIL running a BTC lite client, allowing for communication between blockchains) embedded in SOILex to also build the same for other sha256 currencies. (namecoin, peercoin, unobtanium, etc) and have defacto trading pairs set up between SOIL and other currencies in a decentralized manner. i have remained in contact with the folks behind climateprediction.net and integrating boinc servers thru the EVM via SOIL, and that project.. overall.. at least six months out. encryption of work units over the EVM seems to be one of the leading issues, but when futzed out should be an incredible application for the EVM in so many ways. i still strongl y believe that a cryptocurrency can have a dramatic real world affect, beyond that as a simple financial tool, and thta the projects we develop for SOILcoin, aimed at those industries we have targettted from teh beginning, will a half-decade from now, have some of the greatest societal impact of all. we're almost a year into this project, and while theres been a lot of stumbles, this is an emergent technology after all, im hoping that we can have a new development team in place by end of the m onth, with things running smoothly again soon after. if anyone else is interested in getting their hands dirty for little to no pay but the satisfaction of building a better blockchain for the world, send me a message. im trying to keep up on those things, and now that i have time to spare again, and the bills arent keeping me up at night and im not worried about how im going to feed my wife and son that day, i hope we can start making a lot of noise with this project.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

Nice plug. Soil have a lot of potential.

I also appreciate active community  Smiley
Are we dead or sleeping....?

Probably sleeping, the community seems less active in the past weeks.
OK, will keep watching.
let see and wait this week if what will happen to this project. good luck still hoping for the best coming from this coin.
legendary

OK, will keep watching.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

Activity: 414
Merit: 250
The situation seems creepy.

Almost one year after launch developers left behind the project. Hope they will be back there. Otherwise we should start to organize and manage how to provide SOIL without abhaviel. Is it even possible?

Looking forward to hearing from them.
legendary
any hope for soil or?
It's only been a week since the dev. logged in. I would give it some time. I sent him a message....we will see...
Pages:
Jump to: