Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 73. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Is suprnova working well? Why no block stats?
legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
1000 Soil - TxId: 0x777639a385a3df047de77db9d1eb65b216977ea68659bbb4075aad39e95cac36

Thanks, keep your good work!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 902
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
Thanks for asking. I use this as an invitation to explain, and give an update on my work ...

ABEESOIL 0.2.3 ...
I miss one of the most interesting functions: the transactions regarding an address
We all do.
It is not part of the Ethereum API, as strange as that sounds.
I could not believe it myself, when I first encountered the missing function.
A massively financed coin coding project doesn't even provide a list
of transactions to and from an address? They must be funny people.
I asked around a lot already. On gitter it was mentioned in September
"could do that as a weekend job" - but even now, it is still not there yet.
Github issues is full of requests about that topic.

How does it etherchain.org? There I can see the transactions  Huh

Yes.

I guess ...

etherchain has probably additionally built a private backend,
which has traversed all 800,000 blocks ...

... to extract more data than the data-parsimonious
ETH core developers are willing to give to us. A

surprisingly primitive base system:

After having spent so much time creating many cool apps
on top of the excellent and much older NXT API, where
all those beautiful API functions do exist
, and with a really small blockchain ...

... it actually came as quite a surprise to me, that a hyped
(platform which is also used as a) currency is not allowing
users to look up transactions. ETH sucks, in that respect.

By the way, this same question is asked all over the net, in
several forums. But they say "impossible", or "too expensive", or
that they have more important things to do than solving this old issue.

Blockchain scanner backend

I have come up with a workaround concept. Scan the whole chain myself.

One of the developers (*) of that multi-million dollar platform ...
... is telling me (me who has been paid ~2-3 US-dollars / hour) that
I should do that work, and create a whole blockchain scanner backend myself.

Which I will probably have to do in the end. Yes.

But I first want to make sure that I really understand what the tech is.

That scanner backend would be running as a 2nd process, observing
the chain, and accumulating more and more knowledge about it.

Research on getTransactions(account)

I have done a lot of research in the past month ...
come on, and follow me into the abyss of
an overpaid, and underachieving platform *lol*
-->

The above is only a very VERY quick summary. More infos behind the links. Ctrl-Click them all.

I urge you to read both full threads, to understand the situation better.
It is actually quite interesting, and it helps a lot to understand more
about the backgrounds of ethereum, and its clones.

The supply is unknown!

There is another real issue, and that is the supply.

As far as I see it, no one really knows the REAL supply of ether. Or soil.

Really. Similarly absurd like the above unsolved question.

The background are uncles, and their rewards.
Until now, I still have not even got one answer from any of those ETH devs,
if my assumed formula is correct or not. Asked again, nothing.

By now I suspect most people don't care, or just don't have a clue.
I was told that I am the first one who has ever asked. Strange.

The supply of ether is often wrongly given only as
blocknumber * blockreward + premine.
Which is not correct.
The whole supply is larger, as there are uncle rewards
(the new bitledger.net is showing them nicely).

But the ETH node itself does not know how many uncles have been mined
*lol* They have created a funny system, or rather: It is simply unready.

Read this whole issue thread, interesting:
getUncleCount(fromBlock,toBlock) - or: Doesn't total supply depend on uncle count?

All this research above, and much more which is not published
(presentation & communication is a huge time eater) ...
... is necessary preparations for the next step.

The past and the future

All in all over 40 hours of work went into this now, the above research alone
took ~10 hours. Until today (additional to the ~7 hours negotiations before,
plus dozens of hours that I have already put into soil), the

summary for ABEESOIL work is:

14.2 hours   coding
5.3 hours   system
2.5 hours   orga
5.4 hours   communication
6.1 hours   presentation
10.5 hours   research

I have succeeded in porting my ABEE 0.2.2 to SOIL,
and adding a few improvements on the way --> 0.2.3a

Now the next steps can be planned.

The
* getAllTransactionsOfAccount and the
* realTrueHonestSupply are not the only future functions on the wishlist.
It would also be nice to be able to find out more about compiled
* contract "code" on e.g. this page.
Once the whole blockchain gets scanned, I would like to see the
* difficulty evolution, and
* blocktimes over time.

More functions that you would like to see, please describe them here. Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who has been, and will be supporting me and my work.

Don't you think this text here, and all those linked posts are ... interesting?
Right? Then you can do your part now, to ensure that such splendid intellectual
pleasure can and will continue in the future, and everything improves, and grows  
;-)

TL;DR: -->

If you like it, show it
[SOIL] 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c
BTC 1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv  
Thanks.

Smiley
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
ABEESOIL 0.2.3 ...
I miss one of the most interesting functions: the transactions regarding an address

We all do.

It is not part of the Ethereum API, as strange as that sounds.
I could not believe it myself, when I first encountered the missing function.

A massively financed coin coding project doesn't even provide a list
of transactions to and from an address? They must be funny people.

I asked around a lot already. On gitter it was mentioned in September
"could do that as a weekend job" - but even now, it is still not there yet.

Github issues is full of requests about that topic.

How does it etherchain.org? There I can see the transactions  Huh
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
4 hour block times, that's 1 coin per network hour..
Diff is still falling, but the hash rate drops too.
legendary
SOILfaucet - Contract Version

Very cool. It worked!

New contract:
Code:
> SOILfaucet = new web3.eth.contract([ { "constant": false, "inputs" ... see above )
{
  address: "0xdac49860bee0e6d0775f69721459c411d62fd1bc",
  allEvents: function(),
... }

Before (using my script):
Code:
> loadScript("altsheets.js")
> bal()
0x2668de18c1... 0.90685 soil

> web3.fromWei(SOILfaucet.getBalance.call(), "soil")

Request:
Code:
> SOILfaucet.getSOIL.sendTransaction({from:eth.coinbase})
Unlock account 2668de18c1...
Passphrase: *****************
"0x8064638daa2e4846e5b38765a188605ce3cb34fe189b89e53484a1820f0d0c70"
= http://178.62.133.174:9001/#/transaction/0x8064638daa2e4846e5b38765a188605ce3cb34fe189b89e53484a1820f0d0c70
waiting for this tx to be included in blockchain, then:

After:
Code:
> web3.fromWei(SOILfaucet.getBalance.call(), "soil")

> bal()
0x2668de18c1... 1.40441185 soil

Costs:
Code:
after      - before  - received  = - costs
1.40441185 - 0.90685 - 0.5       = - 0.00243815

Very cool, indeed.

P.S.: I have donated some 80 SOIL to the faucet address  0xdac49860bee0e6d0775f69721459c411d62fd1bc  

Wink
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
SOILteam
SOILfaucet - Contract Version
Props to kvhnuke

You get a 1/2 SOIL at the moment and you can query the faucet every *24 hours.
*Not at the current block times

CopyPaste the abi definition to gsoil

SOILfaucet = new web3.eth.contract([ { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getSOIL", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [ { "name": "limit", "type": "uint256" } ], "name": "setBlockLimit", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getBalance", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "uint256" } ], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [ { "name": "val", "type": "uint256" } ], "name": "setSendAmount", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "killSOILfaucet", "outputs": [], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getBlockLimit", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "uint256" } ], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getSendAmount", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "uint256" } ], "type": "function" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [ { "name": "recp", "type": "address" } ], "name": "sendSOIL", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function" }, { "inputs": [], "type": "constructor" }]).at('0xdac49860bee0e6d0775f69721459c411d62fd1bc')

Ask the Faucet to Send you SOIL
Code:
SOILfaucet.getSOIL.sendTransaction({from:eth.coinbase})

Ask the Faucet for the current Balance
Code:
web3.fromWei(SOILfaucet.getBalance.call(), "soil")

Ask the Faucet to Send SOIL to a Friend
Code:
SOILfaucet.sendSOIL.sendTransaction('DESTINATION ADDRESS',{from:eth.coinbase})

The Contract for Reference
Code:
contract SOILfaucet {
    address owner;
    uint256 sendAmount;
    mapping (address => uint) lastSent;
    uint blockLimit;
    function SOILfaucet(){
        owner = msg.sender;
        sendAmount = 500000000000000000;
        blockLimit = 86400;
    }
function getBalance() returns (uint){
    return address(this).balance;
}
function getSOIL() returns (bool){
   if(lastSent[msg.sender]<(block.number-blockLimit)&&address(this).balance>sendAmount){
       msg.sender.send(sendAmount);
       lastSent[msg.sender] = block.number;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function sendSOIL(address recp) returns (bool){
 if(lastSent[msg.sender]<(block.number-blockLimit)&&address(this).balance>sendAmount){
       recp.send(sendAmount);
       lastSent[msg.sender] = block.number;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function getBlockLimit() returns (uint){
 return blockLimit;
}
function setBlockLimit(uint limit) returns (bool){
 if(msg.sender==owner) {
       blockLimit = limit;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function setSendAmount(uint256 val) returns (bool){
   if(msg.sender==owner)   {
       sendAmount = val;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function getSendAmount() returns (uint256){
   return sendAmount;
}
function killSOILfaucet(){
   if(msg.sender==owner) {
       suicide(owner);
   }
}
}
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
... if you want it to go down faster, throw some hashing power against the SOILnet, which speeds up the block times we are experiencing right now, and allows the difficulty readjustment to decrease at a faster pace. ...
My small farm is already on it. I wish SOIL a happy life =) and do what I can to help with that.
And don't answer to trolls like benjy33. He's just trying to offence and provoke you. Ignore him. Move on with soil. Someday these efforts will pay off.

i dont view the malcontents as being trolls at all. in the case of benjy33, he was one of our testnet contributors, and in my view, is a valued member of the community. he experienced problems on launch date, as i detailed in my response to him, which i did my best to alleviate, unfortunately with inconclusive results.

i have a background in customer-service, previously working for siriusxm as a "saves manager", which meant me and my team were responsible for solving the problems customers were experiencing to such a degree that they were prepared to disassosciate themselves from our services. i was among the top-tier of agents doing this, with very high customer satisfaction scores, and a strong adherence to teh corporate protocol. i took great pride in my numbers, generally "saving" between 75-80% of the customers, where the corporate average hovered at about 53%.

i view the community as our consumers, without them purchasing and selling SOIL on the exchange, we would have no liquidity. without them participating in the consensus engine via mining, we would have no distribution. now, the old adage remains, you cant keep EVERYONE happy. especially in the world of cryptocurrency.

there will always be, by the very nature of the altcoin ecosystem, demagogues and fomenters of descontent. there will be other currency developers seeking to gain leverage for their own project by sowing mistrust in ones project. there will be those simply upset that they arent making ridiculous profits from ones system. therell be the shit-disturbers that just enjoy, as you said, trying to provoke and cause offense. still, they cant be ignored.

i will always do my level best to address their concerns, even when common sense dictates that they are trying to pull a scam, or are just bitching for the sake of being unpleasant. when i can provide a solution to their issue, i can possibly create loyalty towards the project with that person. and they might mention the positive experience in dealing with their complication to others, which boosts our reputation as a fairly-operated cryptocurrency.

and even if not, by addressing these folks in an equanimous way, it also prevents others who wish to come in and just act like dumbshits from doing so. ill look at the posting history of complainants, to see if this is just a simple pattern of spreading uncertainty with no reason but to be a muckraker, and at which point, ill usually call them out on that. but, where a genuine issue exists, if i can find a solution, ill spend the time looking for it. to do otherwise, im my way of doing business, is lazy and irresponsible.

plus, it helps steer conversations back to the issues at hand, to keep things on topic. i have always loved a challenge, and genuinely feel bad when i cant solve a problem for someone. limits have to be placed on the benefactory nature of the development team, one cant give away the horse, saddle and all, or one gains the reputation of being soft-handed in business, but extending what aid is possible, within reason, is always a good business practice. id rather err on the side of caution than ignore what might become a cancer later on.

i believe all of these efforts will, indeed, pay off, eventually. both with the developments we are working on with SOIL and in dealing with FUDsters. every project will have stumbling blocks, it is adversity which creates strength. irregardless of any contretemps we might experience, my dedication to the project will remain undiminished. i spend, easily, 6-8 hours a day working on any number of aspects towards further evolution of the SOILcoin project.

right now, the SOIL-Ex platform is working, in alpha testing, and im researching how to incorporate smart contract driven sidechains to promote cross-chain interconnectivity so that two-way pegged sucurrencies can be utilized for trading one altcoin to another on our decentralized exchange.  the porting of SafeMarket goes along at a snails pace, the infrastructure is built and the contracts deployed, but the rebranding and extensive testing have yet to be done.

legendary
HowTo join http://stats.soilcoin.xyz

... You need a running gsoil instance with --rpc (rpc enabled) ...

I could connect gsoil to both the ABEESOIL-block-explorer,
AND to the app for monitored nodes on stats.soilcoin.xyz !

Happy  Smiley

---

EDIT: update ...
In case the stats client gets a new password:

Code:
cd ~/soil/eth-net-intelligence-api
nano app.json
pm2 restart app.json
Activity: 330
📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency
... if you want it to go down faster, throw some hashing power against the SOILnet, which speeds up the block times we are experiencing right now, and allows the difficulty readjustment to decrease at a faster pace. ...
My small farm is already on it. I wish SOIL a happy life =) and do what I can to help with that.
And don't answer to trolls like benjy33. He's just trying to offence and provoke you. Ignore him. Move on with soil. Someday these efforts will pay off.
Activity: 329
Merit: 261
EnergyCoin Green CryptoCurrency
The infografic shows the project plan we working on with team EnergyCoin Foundation (Start-Up)

Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/685206606049599492
Community we created infografic UK version of our plan for connection sustainable green energy communities in the Netherlands.
For this ecosystem we work together with GMC, SOIL and GEO.
We present in a few weeks our roadmap to make this ecosystem reality and ROCOS platform is an importend link!

Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/683398674123206657
Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/685206606049599492
thx @GEO_Jan
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
but you 're telling stories ... that the currency has been a failure and you are a thief , took away 5000 coins purse , swindler

im not sure i follow, but simply put, your allegations are more than a little bit ludicrous. do you care to elaborate on your denunciation and provide some evidence to this purported theft? ive never stolen a thing in my life,and i dont respond well to such libelous and defamatory statements.

if you "lost" coins during the launch, two and a half months ago, which from reading your past posts seems to be the issue here...  you did receive your testnet bounty and thanked us for that. you provided me with your main-net wallet address upon launch, and you responded, having recognized receiving the bounty..

after that, and sadly i think much of the issue was "lost in translation", as far as i can surmise, you re-installed the main net package without backing up your keystores, and in that, you certainly have to accept personal culpability, as its fairly common practice to back things up before deleting everything to start afresh. this is true with ANY cryptocurrency. as a user, you, and yourself alone, are responsible for your personal information....

BUT, if you will recall, i did everything i could to assist you in finding a way to recover that keystore, going so far as to find the highest reviewed system recovery tools i could to assist you in recovering that information... sadly, if i recall correctly, you were unable to fully rebuild the keystore file in question...

other coins you'd mined that disappeared were, as it was explained at the time, mined on an unlcled chain (a fork), which the network encountered a great deal of thanks to the instability of the blockchain with the massive amounts of hashpower we recorded against the network immediately upon launch... yourself admittedly also being one that had a high hashrate dedicated towards the system... many people experienced fluctuating balances due to forks early on, which were due to their system regaining consensus with the rest of the chain and making corrections. that issue was quickly resolved (a few hours) after our launch as the system gained enough "weight" to provide a strong consensus to the correct order of the blockchain.

now, the only 5000 SOIL i can think of that you  might be referencing is the testnet mining bounty you were sent, and when i look at the balance of the live-net account you provided upon launch, i find, presently:

0x895d4bfd8f626085db2edeca7391e2571378968d 0.009 SOIL

posts from day of the launch showed that we confirmed the 5000 SOIL testnet bounty were sent to this account, and were noted present upon a block explorer query at that time.... funds which are no longer in that account, and the only person who would have the passkey to that account is yourself. the development team is not responsible for what you do or dont do with your personal passkeys, or with whom you might share that information with, but negligence upon your part is not something that can be considered theft on our parts, nor would we (or any cryptocurrency development team) be responsible in replacing funds you lose through your own individual oversight.

its also preposterous to claim that SOILcoin is "a failure". we have a steadily increasing market valuation and capitalization. we have regular developments with several other projects presently in testing... we have provided a realistic roadmap for what we are working on over the next six months. we have already engaged the democratic process promised at our genesis to tackle changes to our parameters to combat the infationary forces we were experiencing. we are now a permanent "base currency" on the ROKOS operating system for Raspberry Pi. for a very small development team that does not take any sort of wage for its work, i think we've done incredibly well so far.

if you dont agree, you are certainly free to your opinion, but in the future, before posting misrepresentations or simple unbacked accusations, i strongly encourage you to reread the "Contributor Code of Conduct" that we as a development team adhere to and have requested that forum members also respect. (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12973560) we do not hold this as a moderated forum, and you are certainly free to do what you will, but we do try to hold to a certain level of civility on this board, and ask that you do the same.

legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
but you 're telling stories ... that the currency has been a failure and you are a thief , took away 5000 coins purse , swindler
I think dev should tweak the algorithm to change difficulty in more aggressive manner. It's waay too lazy right now, imho. That whale can return any time and ruin network again. And again. And again. Until the algorithm will be tweaked to effectively resist such "attacks". And for that, difficulty should react very fast to changes in network hashrate.

the problem with that, using your own argument, is that if there was a more agressive manner to adjust the difficulty that what the Kimoto Gravity Well parameters are set to within the difficulty algorithm, this would just bring "the whale" back sooner and more often, which would, in the long run, be more detrimental than not. now, the KGW adjusts every block, and quickly, as is verifiable from the sliding difficulty bar-graph on the network intelligence page, this produces a more adaptive way to adjust the block difficulty at every block rather than every 2016 blocks as is found in BTC.

the Gravity Well parameters are set so that the adjustments are incremental and smooth, such that it adjusts roughly 10% in a day. that being said, the time to solve a block, naturally, depends on the global hashrate. when the difficulty gets too high, miners emigrate to other coins, which is a natural response. so, a mega mining farm hits the system and the difficulty jacks up very high, miners leave dropping the hashrate even further, making it harder to deal with the increased difficulty, and lo and behold, we experience blocktimes that can reach several hours.

is the system perfect? of course not. no system is. but, consider that extreme difficulty drop offs would make the system MORE vulnerable to these sorts of attacks, which would simply cause a slingshot effect. an aggressive difficulty readjustment would also be detrimental WITHOUT an attacker, simply due to lucky or unlucky blocks. one of the perceived weaknesses with the KMW, which ive noticed watching the experiences of other cryptocurrencies that utilize it, is that it takes longer for the difficulty to come down than it does to go up.

the difficulty *IS* going down, and the system *IS* righting itself. presently, the only real effect this is having on the system ITSELF is a radically decreased distribution through mining, which has, conversely, helped increase valuation. if you want it to go down faster, throw some hashing power against the SOILnet, which speeds up the block times we are experiencing right now, and allows the difficulty readjustment to decrease at a faster pace.

it doesnt matter, in the end, WHAT the overall hashrate or number of miners proving consensus of the blockchain is, really. the KMW will continue to gradually reduce the difficulty to bring the average block time back to 60 seconds. i keep my system trained on the SOILnet 24/7, through our hosted mining pool... as does peter... its not about the profitablility for mining for me, its about keeping a stable and continually forward moving system in place.

im less concerned about how much i make from mining as i am with working on and producing developments for the blockchain, and as those continue to be implemented, the more practical applications we have hosted on the SOILnet, the more miners will eventually find their way on board. the EASY solution is not always the BEST solution, and the desire for a ANOTHER hard-fork of the system, for the sake of convenience, in the long run, wont solve the problem. it is not so simply an issue of a "lazy algorithm" that has lead to the lengthy block times we are experiencing presently.

our BEST solution is to continue to work on developing the practical DApps that will increase the USABILITY of the SOILcoin network, which will in turn, bring in more users and more miners, and if we can build a system that many more people WANT to use, this creates a "loyal hashrate" which will be, in the end, the absolute best defense against the sort of "mega-miner farm" attack that caused the difficulty to spike to where we are today.

i have continued to work on SOIL-Ex, our implementation of the EtherEx decentralized exchange, and have been working on solving the cross chain inter-connectivity limitations it presently has, adding in trusted price-feeds, researching "third-chain gateways", bridging the gap between centralized fiat gateways and a distributed on-chain exchange...

ive also ported aakil fernandes' SafeMarket decentralized marketplace platform onto the SOILcoin network, and have been consulting with the developer of this Ethereum-hosted DApp which is in alpha testing "over there" as well. i feel both of these DApps have a high degree of usability and practicality that will scale well towards providing the services to the autonomous agriculture and renewable energy concerns that we set out from our genesis to work with.
Activity: 176
have the SOIL you were trying to deposit finally arrived in your exchange wallet?

Yeah it comes already. Thanks
Activity: 250
That whale can return any time and ruin network again. And again. And again.
He just waiting for 1-minute block time, than instamine again, block times will be seconds, as it already was, when diff rise he will drop and repeat all over.
Activity: 168
I got some problems i try to mine just a little bit but after 5 min my miner from 73Mhs to 0Mhs, i don`t know what is happening.
It`s on 3 diff machines.
Activity: 330
📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency
I think dev should tweak the algorithm to change difficulty in more aggressive manner. It's waay too lazy right now, imho. That whale can return any time and ruin network again. And again. And again. Until the algorithm will be tweaked to effectively resist such "attacks". And for that, difficulty should react very fast to changes in network hashrate.
Dead network.  Wink

Transaction on bittrex.com require 250 confirmations. Already passed 24 hours and is confirmed 105/250.

http://stats.soilcoin.xyz/ say block time was almost 9 hours.

Almost passed 3 days from my post. Current block 330,482

SOIL still isnt on my bittrex.com account which I sent from wallet...

Just question if Devs will do something with this issue. Thanks

ive spoken with ritchie from bittrex about this situation and he's dropped the necessary confirmations for withdrawls and deposits from the standard 250 down to 60. that should help. block times ARE going down again, on average, but it will probably take a few more days for them to get back to our targeted 60 second threshold.

have the SOIL you were trying to deposit finally arrived in your exchange wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: