Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 384. (Read 444830 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
There isn't much coming from the somn team when compared with competitors like golem. Elastic was abandoned by the founder, is sonm going to be abandoned as well?

the video wasn't very convincing for a $40m company!
Sergey said very clear,that they are focused on bringing working product.This is their main goal. Bitcointalk is basic information forum for cryptos.If you want to know what happening on development side,you should look at github

I also think that tragedy wouldn't be repeated with this project this team has good direction and clear vision about the future of this. I also agreed with you they are still on working so hard to make arrange the all stuff and in future this will be great investment.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
There isn't much coming from the somn team when compared with competitors like golem. Elastic was abandoned by the founder, is sonm going to be abandoned as well?

Sergey said very clear,that they are focused on bringing working product.This is their main goal. Bitcointalk is basic information forum for cryptos.If you want to know what happening on development side,you should look at github

Very true but not everybody knows this, bitcointalk is not only basic information but a lot of misinformation is found here also lol.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Sorry, I only read the last two pages but I could not find a date when the bounties for signature campaign will be paid. Could anyone tell me the time?
Activity: 798
Merit: 281

It was already abadoned by the co-founder, mate!

Shocked

So basically golem is the only one still supported by the original founder! I wonder how much of the 40m is left after the founder walked away!

Not a software engineer so github isnt much use to me. Roadmap is full of mumbo-jumbo so can't make any sense of it. Other sources say sonm is technically superior to golem, but there is more activity on golem so it looks like a safer bet.

Overall i'd say it's more potential vs safer bet
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

It was already abadoned by the co-founder, mate! Right now no one except Elastic has a working product (although also Elastic is in a quite protoypical state).
Doubt SONM can ever follow through with their roadmap, speaking as a software engineer the whitepaper contains a lot of hype words and but technically is extremely vague or doesn't even make sense.

Speculation-wise the price might rise a little-- until they realize that the project is a lot harder than they thought it was (if they are even seriously working on it).
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

Activity: 448
Merit: 265
dead coin isn't it ? lol

No, not dead. Just could be awhile before we see anything...

Without trex, this coin is for long term holders... all others will eventually jump ship taking a loss.
Then the few in control of the majority supply will pump this up.
Sometimes you need to play the game.

and sometimes you need to jump out before te ship sinking
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
They are moving more slowly than normal in dealing with issues which could be resolved and handled more easily. I have bought at liqui.io some tokens under 2k satoshi but seems the task team has chosen will not be easy at all. They are hiring people from LSK which didn't deliver whatever they were established for and now same people are joining this project.
I was also pretty disapointed in lsk firsts months but Ark team did it well at the start and its basically the same team. I will give a chance anyway with this low prices I prefer to lose all than sell now ^^
Activity: 728
They are moving more slowly than normal in dealing with issues which could be resolved and handled more easily. I have bought at liqui.io some tokens under 2k satoshi but seems the task team has chosen will not be easy at all. They are hiring people from LSK which didn't deliver whatever they were established for and now same people are joining this project.
Activity: 546
Has PRE-ICO refund ended?

Give us the information about result. How many tokens were refunded and burned?

How many tokens are circulating now? Team should give us proper information.
Activity: 559
I think US exchanges wouldn't like this token before any sign of a working product anyway.

There's a reason for this bear market. Not that it's just SONM's fault or anything, but I think new tokens with no product to show are going to have a harder time than they've had for the last 2-3 months.
SONM should NOT use term 'dividends'
That's why ICONOMI change their profit distribution method from 'dividends' to 'buy and burn'.
Here is their announcement.

https://hackernoon.com/the-iconomi-burn-crypto-buybacks-f9edb30530fe
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/65hi0x/which_upcoming_ico_tokens_pay_dividends/

Would it change their legal status if they start paying dividends?
I read somewhere that, dividends would make it similar to stocks.

I prefer dividends though.

US exchanges (Bittrex, Poloniex) will not like dividend Token. Because SEC will likely to recognize dividend token as security.
US citizen may pay dividend tax as well. So, simple and best way is not using dividend as profit distribution method.

Look Iconomi, they also had same dilemma and found solution.

Just use term 'master node' for SONM hub.
Activity: 322
That's why ICONOMI change their profit distribution method from 'dividends' to 'buy and burn'.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/65hi0x/which_upcoming_ico_tokens_pay_dividends/

Would it change their legal status if they start paying dividends?
I read somewhere that, dividends would make it similar to stocks.

I prefer dividends though.

Activity: 539
Any system reward for holding SONM in wallet ? Like pos or DpoS or something like dividends from profits or masternodes and fee from nethwork or anything ? I mean is any profit for keeping more coins or when price up many people dump for profits and again and again ?
The token holders will get some income from network fees,and mining.

This is very interesting. I can read it ?  Whitepaper ?

There is not much information about it right now.
https://blog.sonm.io/answering-sonm-community-on-dividends-and-go-to-the-moon-faith-b5fa502a588c
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Some people have told me that this project is interesting, but I can not deliver what they promised, is that true? What's the difference between SONM and Elastic? Is it time to buy SONM?

In terms of price, YES now is a time to buy SONM. In terms of having future value... cannot say for certain my friend.

I bought at ICO and am still holding. I personally do not think that the coin will ever recover, but I'm not selling at a loss -- thats just bad business.

The logic is inconsistent. As you don't know if SNM has future value, it is hard to determine to buy in whatever SNM price is low.
Activity: 303
Give the dev a break. He looks like he has not eaten a proper meal in days - as thin as Buterin. This coin is gonna be awesome in three months.

i can''t wait it for three years
Activity: 700
Where are you buying SONM now? I bought some in the ICO and I'd like to buy some more cheaper...
I missed Bancor ICO and I could buy some through a smart contract, not that easy with SONM right?

You are lucky to miss Bancor ICO. If you missed SNM ICO, you were luckier.
Activity: 952
Where are you buying SONM now? I bought some in the ICO and I'd like to buy some more cheaper...
I missed Bancor ICO and I could buy some through a smart contract, not that easy with SONM right?
On tidex you can buy SONM the site is legit i tried it to buy some yesterday and holding it for 3 months. I have trust this project will recover
Jump to: