Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap | - page 2. (Read 108569 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I've had a look through the daemon log on my node and I think I can see what has happened, but I cant offer much of a solution atm.

Problem starts with this node appearing on the network, at around 21:00GMT:

trying connection 46.105.118.15:16665 lastseen=365747.2hrs
connected 46.105.118.15:16665
send version message: version 70000, blocks=24624, us=81.107.175.74:16665, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665
Added time data, samples 15, offset +1 (+0 minutes)
nTimeOffset = -7  (+0 minutes)
Moving 46.105.118.15:16665 to tried
receive version message: version 70000, blocks=24568, us=81.107.175.74:63435, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665

At that point it is 56 blocks behind the rest of the network, but rather than get back in sync it starts broadcasting its own chain, which has a far higher trust than the existing one so it gets accepted as valid and replaces the existing chain.

For that to happen the node in question, or nodes connected to it and not the rest of the network, must be staking a much larger number of SPARK than the rest of the network put together. I've had a look through a few of the blocks produced and each appears to generate a stake interest of around 9SPARK, with an output of 1038SPARK to a wallet - I believe this is because a large wallet will split the coins into smaller chunks for staking. The outputs I checked all went to the same address:

SUpCAdvbrsmm99EPxr7ob8DWuLK2fT9Zpk

One other thing I can say is that the node in question hadnt updated to v1.3, as my node started rejecting its blocks after 24630 as they were using the new diff calculation. My node then started blocking it and other nodes pre1.3 as it assumed they were "misbehaving", so I cant tell whether the "problem node" is still on the network or not. Only other info is that the problem node IP address traces back to OVH server hosting in France, so its probably not a domestic holder, more likely a pool or exchange.

There weren't a huge number of txes in the 55 blocks lost, but that doesnt really matter, unless Bittrex have another way of seeing their withdrawals/deposits they cant be sure of making their books balance, which isnt a good thing for an exchange. I'm now looking to see if I have have a copy of the "old" blockchain backed up anywhere, if so it might be possible to do something with checkpoints and another wallet update....

...when I get peerlist from my 1.3 client (for the insight), it lists a lot 1.2 and 1.0 clients... and stops @ height  24630 ...for the moment.
my windows wallet (1.2 atm) actually went over 247nn somewhat and yielded a massive stake drop (and I just leaved 1/5th available for staking)...
I see if I get that 1.3 wallet to xcompile fine as one monolithic exe so we hopefully don't have trouble with missing deps anymore.

I'm taking the scenic road, thus also paying 'new ann thread with all the info plus further administrative stuff'-valley a visit while beating through coders gulch Wink
Activity: 84
...first off, hello folks Smiley

been off for some time as I went sick that friggin whole last weekend and the start of the week... montezuma hit me hard... must have been looking almost green in my face following the comments I've got from friends... however I weathered that and used some of the time when I actually was able to do something more comprehensive than hanging around like a heap of goo...

so, I actually
- got an insight-block explorer going (in my test environment but ready to be deployed)
- turnkey x-compile solution image for the wallet (yet, osx... well... soon Smiley)

and I'm going to walk through the last few pages now, but I already noticed that we have client 1.3 available now (which compiles fine under linux) and as well noticed the tuned staking params...
on the downside there's again the bittrex wallet suffering...
but waiting for all wallets beeing in version sync thus leaving a large amount of blocks to go until it happens wasn't an option I guess, as that loooow block yielding rate was the core problem to solve... just 100 blocks more could have meant  even weeks of additional delay...

so, next thing on my side is getting that block explorer finally online... talking to a friend of mine and it should be no deal to get that thing online as of tomorrow...

so, I didn't get lost after all... I'm updating me now and going on with the open todo's Smiley

Spark-HO!

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I've had a look through the daemon log on my node and I think I can see what has happened, but I cant offer much of a solution atm.

Problem starts with this node appearing on the network, at around 21:00GMT:

trying connection 46.105.118.15:16665 lastseen=365747.2hrs
connected 46.105.118.15:16665
send version message: version 70000, blocks=24624, us=81.107.175.74:16665, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665
Added time data, samples 15, offset +1 (+0 minutes)
nTimeOffset = -7  (+0 minutes)
Moving 46.105.118.15:16665 to tried
receive version message: version 70000, blocks=24568, us=81.107.175.74:63435, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665

At that point it is 56 blocks behind the rest of the network, but rather than get back in sync it starts broadcasting its own chain, which has a far higher trust than the existing one so it gets accepted as valid and replaces the existing chain.

For that to happen the node in question, or nodes connected to it and not the rest of the network, must be staking a much larger number of SPARK than the rest of the network put together. I've had a look through a few of the blocks produced and each appears to generate a stake interest of around 9SPARK, with an output of 1038SPARK to a wallet - I believe this is because a large wallet will split the coins into smaller chunks for staking. The outputs I checked all went to the same address:

SUpCAdvbrsmm99EPxr7ob8DWuLK2fT9Zpk

One other thing I can say is that the node in question hadnt updated to v1.3, as my node started rejecting its blocks after 24630 as they were using the new diff calculation. My node then started blocking it and other nodes pre1.3 as it assumed they were "misbehaving", so I cant tell whether the "problem node" is still on the network or not. Only other info is that the problem node IP address traces back to OVH server hosting in France, so its probably not a domestic holder, more likely a pool or exchange.

There weren't a huge number of txes in the 55 blocks lost, but that doesnt really matter, unless Bittrex have another way of seeing their withdrawals/deposits they cant be sure of making their books balance, which isnt a good thing for an exchange. I'm now looking to see if I have have a copy of the "old" blockchain backed up anywhere, if so it might be possible to do something with checkpoints and another wallet update....
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
REORGANIZE
REORGANIZE: Disconnect 55 blocks; ca9831be60879f195c8d..dc7255ae1891d7b1c091
REORGANIZE: Connect 24 blocks; ca9831be60879f195c8d..81fcea5d21119ab7cbe8
AddToWallet f83df85251  update
CTxMemPool::accept() : accepted 0aed5eb1ff (poolsz 37)

And another 55 block rollback ... we have disabled the wallet until further notice.

Thanks
Richie
Greetings SPARKers! I have just completed the upload of SPARK v1.3 - this is a MANDATORY upgrade!!

Qt5Core.dll is missing from my computer. Do I need to actually have the QT code base installed?

You need a bunch of QT dlls - download the spark-qt1.2 release first, that has the core QT files you need with it, then replace the spark-qt.exe with the v1.3 download.
legendary
Activity: 1064
hi ive got 90sparks in suchpool .. anyone can dm me your address and i will send it to you..  Wink
here it is
SaCV6FVycAh9kwnJwLgumKrVUuPTTppBFZ

thx

just send coins, im sory it's 86sparks only.. my bad..
it's ok man!!! thx
Activity: 105
Greetings SPARKers! I have just completed the upload of SPARK v1.3 - this is a MANDATORY upgrade!!

I have made several changes to address the slow block production problem that is delaying txes and making the coin nearly unusable:

• Reduced the minimum PoS difficulty level allowed
  • Reduced the number of blocks required before moved SPARK can start staking again
  • Changed the difficulty retargeting algorithm to respond more efficiently
  • Also replaced the DNS seed node so new users should find it easier to connect their wallet

The algo change is set to take effect at block 24630, if you have not updated by then your wallet will start rejecting new blocks.

The new source code and compiled Windows release are available at https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Rather than package the complete install again this is just the updated Spark-qt.exe - download it and replace the existing exe file in your Spark folder. To be on the safe side this is a good opportunity to make a backup of your SPARK wallet.dat file.d

I have also updated my Windows QT compiler so hopefully this release will be more stable than the original version. I'm afraid there are still a lot of (mainly cosmetic) features in the GUI wallet which do not function, Most of them, e.g. the market data, are coded to use the getspark.com web server which the original dev took offline when he quit and I dont see them as a priority to fix. Once we get the network stable I have some ideas for making SPARK useful, more on that to come.

Qt5Core.dll is missing from my computer. Do I need to actually have the QT code base installed?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
hi ive got 90sparks in suchpool .. anyone can dm me your address and i will send it to you..  Wink
here it is

thx

just send coins, im sory it's 86sparks only.. my bad..
I have sent messages to BITTREX and BTER asking them to update their wallets - if you are waiting for a deposit or withdrawal to confirm with them then once they are updated things should get back to normal.

Currently I am taking the generous view that the slow network is the reason why the "donation wallet" is still empty, no doubt plenty of you SPARK owners have sent donations but the txes are still waiting to be confirmed ;0

I honestly have less than 2k SPARK, I do this mainly because I find it interesting but updating and compiling a new wallet release is a time consuming process so motivation is important! Moral support is most appreciated but financial rewards are also very encouraging so feel free to show your support by sending some SPARK to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G

Thanks!

I have made several changes to address the slow block production problem that is delaying txes and making the coin nearly unusable:

• Reduced the minimum PoS difficulty level allowed
  • Reduced the number of blocks required before moved SPARK can start staking again
  • Changed the difficulty retargeting algorithm to respond more efficiently
  • Also replaced the DNS seed node so new users should find it easier to connect their wallet

The algo change is set to take effect at block 24630, if you have not updated by then your wallet will start rejecting new blocks.

The new source code and compiled Windows release are available at https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Rather than package the complete install again this is just the updated Spark-qt.exe - download it and replace the existing exe file in your Spark folder. To be on the safe side this is a good opportunity to make a backup of your SPARK wallet.dat file.

I have also updated my Windows QT compiler so hopefully this release will be more stable than the original version. I'm afraid there are still a lot of (mainly cosmetic) features in the GUI wallet which do not function, Most of them, e.g. the market data, are coded to use the getspark.com web server which the original dev took offline when he quit and I dont see them as a priority to fix. Once we get the network stable I have some ideas for making SPARK useful, more on that to come.

legendary
Activity: 1064
here it is

thx
Activity: 49
Noone is being scammed, block production is just too slow currently so transactions take too long to confirm. I will release an updated client with fix as soon as I can, in the meantime the more people with SPARK staking on the network the more blocks will be produced.
Activity: 267
Activity: 1
SPARK is scamer, i have lost my money went buy spark..... Transaction of spark has been complete but no pending, no transaction, no receive....

11/15/2014 02:17:21 PM   SPARK   5587.57151639   Completed

Address: Sfae46mBdUhAWh6B2LuGZGMCk8PGsRNJkD
    TxId: e6171b34d4a2b5c3d5f38dff13c3e99542c2d7c75c5a1b08a9b868a26c4c0555

SCAMER......  
Everything allright? It has been 2 days.. since I sent the coins to BTER..

txID: 70b7376f7cbf42ad84a5cb0c99db81711a7545c5a81f638718f0e263a7706bf8
Sad takes a day to get coins to bter... they need 6 confirms..
Ok, I've been keeping an eye on the blockchain and the min PoS difficulty will have to be reduced so we can have a reasonable block production rate for staking, transactions etc. Its not a difficult change to make Wink so new wallet version should be ready soon.
i sent spark from the new wallet to bter 2 days ago and still no confirmations

Something must have gone wrong with your transaction I'm afraid, we've had about 40 blocks in the last 48hrs - still a lot lower than it should be, but txes only need 10 blocks to confirm so your SPARK should have reached BTER. If you find your tx id you can use the "Block Explorer" in the Windows wallet to check whether it is in the blockchain. Otherwise it may be that your wallet is out of sync - at the time of writing we are on block 24614

i keep my wallet synched, after i installed the new wallet was there anything i needed to modify in settings?

Shouldnt have been anything extra, as long as your wallet is getting peer connections and receiving new blocks it should be able to send transactions on the network. If you are using the Windows wallet you should be able to go to the "transactions" page and right click on your sending tx, then copy the tx id. The tx lookup on the Block Explorer page isnt great but it should come back with some info if the tx is on the blockchain, if it says "fail" then for some reason the tx wasnt broadcast.

If it did fail then one possibility is that it spent too long in the mempool without being included in a block, the default is usually 24hrs (I havent checked if that has been modified in SPARK but I doubt it), after which it would be flushed. However if that did happen the coins should be returned to your wallet so you can try sending again...
Activity: 495
Merit: 500
i sent spark from the new wallet to bter 2 days ago and still no confirmations

Something must have gone wrong with your transaction I'm afraid, we've had about 40 blocks in the last 48hrs - still a lot lower than it should be, but txes only need 10 blocks to confirm so your SPARK should have reached BTER. If you find your tx id you can use the "Block Explorer" in the Windows wallet to check whether it is in the blockchain. Otherwise it may be that your wallet is out of sync - at the time of writing we are on block 24614

i keep my wallet synched, after i installed the new wallet was there anything i needed to modify in settings?
Pages:
Jump to: