Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap | - page 4. (Read 108569 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
when will a new thread be created? rentamouse/edschroe if you guys need someone to handle that let me know
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
We've gone ahead and re-enabled the wallet; please let us know when the new wallet is ready.

thanks,
richie
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
After a few notices and a mass mailing to all our users, we just did shutdown the Sparkcoin pool.

Thanks to have been mining with us, sorry this coin failed, this was out of our control.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Do not give trex the coins back that they are missing, they show no responsibly for adding shit coins/scams and no liability for doing it just profit!!  They got caught out and got themselves in a hole not are problem!!!

And i hold spark on trex so this aint a one sided argument from some1 that anit gonna loss nothing from it.. you all know what im saying makes sense they sure aint gonna run to our aid if we end up buying the latest shit coin off um that they was pushing for a profit. TREX UR GREEDY CUNTS!!!!

Activity: 994
Merit: 504
not without a little pride in voice, I can report:

...and syncing. I had to feed it with some nodes first, but that might be due to my crappy network...

btw.: I disabled IPV6 with the last build and that at least made my wallet stay alive with active network ... yet  Wink

--

14 conn. / @ blk1545 and counting...

I'm off for some hours now... some 20+h without sleep to compensate

**Initiates the Slow Clap**

Bravo!  Good work!  Get some sleep  Cool
Activity: 84
not without a little pride in voice, I can report:

...and syncing. I had to feed it with some nodes first, but that might be due to my crappy network...

btw.: I disabled IPV6 with the last build and that at least made my wallet stay alive with active network ... yet  Wink

--

14 conn. / @ blk1545 and counting...

I'm off for some hours now... some 20+h without sleep to compensate
I get "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error when trying to run the wallet with the shortcut.

Running the qt.exe by itself works, but won't sync with the netword, and when I try to add the conf manually in debug console, it crashes again with the same error Sad

Can anyone solve this? Need to get my coins out of suchpool

strange thing... yet, this might be solved any time soon with release of the next update...
as RentaMouse stated, this might as well be a certain problem with IPV6... had that issue after blk 10000 but within PoW first with the original wallet... 

which leads me to the point... after changing the build environment, dropping gcc 4.9 I tried beforehand in favor of 4.8... well, and especially checking that there's only one toolset present Wink... it all compiles like a snap (little tweaking here and there... and that code seems to need miniupnpc1.6, so needed to downgrade that to make upnp support work at last)... and finaly links well to a windows binary that I'm going to test now.

next step, after I've got a working version and dev environment as well, would be:
- implementing a method to create a 'reboot-block' to cover the ~50k spark for the markets
- testing generation, confirmation, etc. in testnet to make sure it works as intended
this will hopefuly as well be achieved over the next few days...

and please keep in mind... atm. we're something like the volunteer firebrigade... first-aid action team dealing with a certain lack of time and experience... while the first runs away, at least the latter is growing... however, bare with us Wink

--

atm. I'm on gprs/hsdpa speed mobile internet... and this will be 'til ~ mo or. tue... sucks big time Cheesy ...keeps me somewhat quiet as everything takes aaages to load Roll Eyes
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I get "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error when trying to run the wallet with the shortcut.

Running the qt.exe by itself works, but won't sync with the netword, and when I try to add the conf manually in debug console, it crashes again with the same error Sad

Sounds like its loading but not liking your config file - you may find that disabling your network connection (unplug the cable if you prefer) whilst the wallet starts, and then re-enabling the network afterwards will be enough.

From my testing it seems to be something with IPv6 it doesn't like, another thing to try is enabling/disabling IPv6 in your network settings.
Activity: 14

Brief update for you all:

The v1.2 release of the Linux and Windows wallets seems to be working reliably for those who have upgraded, the network is stable and PoS staking is working.

We have a good idea now of how to implement the "superblock" to raise funds to clear the shortfall on the exchanges, but its going to take a bit of time to code and more importantly test - we dont want to cause another fork!

Website and block explorer will be reinstated too, dont forget that the Windows wallet does have its own block explorer built in!
Activity: 69
Ãäå ðàçðàá áåãàåò, áàáêè ñíÿë è ïóçî íà ñîëíöå ãðååò Huh

well.. wot? ...obviously, using some international charset would be quite helpful to understand what you want...

and I do mean: not just the charset, english language will be certainly the best choice if you like to get an answer...

What is not clear, I am interested in the prospects of the coin. Or she's dead

well.. wot? ...obviously, using some international charset would be quite helpful to understand what you want...

and I do mean: not just the charset, english language will be certainly the best choice if you like to get an answer...
Activity: 69
We are talking to the exchanges about how to get deposits/withdrawals working again; Bittrex, Bter and C-Cex have all said they are willing to work with us but because of the fork their books are unbalanced by around 50K SPARK in total. Ideally we might raise that amount from donations but we are also investigating the possibility of a one off "reboot block" with a 50k reward to fund it.

This coin appeared to get off to a good start, would be a shame to waste that and see everyone who invested hashpower/BTC lose out - hopefully the SPARK community will continue to support this effort. Support doesnt just have to be financial, time and skills are valuable too if anyone has some they can contribute!

current development in the sparkcoin case: I'm as well close to get that qt-wallet to compile under windows, all dependency quirks seem to come clean one after another and are mostly due to the fact, that mingw is sort of hybrid between posix archictecture (unix based OS'es) and the native windows environment, it lives in... still pondering about the final compilation environment, yet this might become a first way to to provide a compile-your-own-wallet solution for windows (future!!! dreaming!!! not ready, dont't ask!!! Wink).  

with watching endless lines of gcc messages while compiling, confidence about beeing able
to re-generate the lost SPARK with a controlled predefined POS reward increased even more,
so at this point I'm almost sure, we could probably get away without having to start fundraising.
This is, what needs to be evaluated and decided next.

Any New Info About How That Refund-Block Creation Concept Develops... As Always, You'll Get To Know First Smiley

...as bittrex has enabled trading again, we try to get to that point even sooner... yet, as RentaMouse stated, and this goes for me as well, we're no developers... at least not in the sense of having a buttload of experience on that topic... my gcc years are some time back and weren't to intense, anyway... now, wouldn't have thought myself two weeks ago, how quick things could change Grin

I'd support that.

And you'll be most welcome Smiley ...surely depends on how your skills, abilities and spare time are positioned,
when speaking about non-financial means. hopefuly we'll get away with no or little need in donations Smiley
if everything continues to work out fine, that seems to continuously move away from us (the community)

within the next few days (before the end of week), there will be a SPARK-ReIgnition Thread available.
this will be the place to communicate INFOs, -> TODOs, ROADMAP etc. (so they don't get lost between the pages)

first point finding a volunteer (currently on 2nd spot in my do-this-first list) would be still: getting a block explorer online.
If you (or anyone who's ears are ringing now) would have the time and ability to set up a block explorer,
that'd be another milestone achieved.
there's no problem in having more than one, though...

...and certainly there will be a lot of promotion work that could be done. of course that needs to be prepared and a wee bit coordinated first.

btw. to those selling their SPARK now... thx Smiley that's a steal by all means and I have stocked up not too little Grin
...to those with patience and funds, go get it ...you're the ones with the watering eyes and the smile on your face
after the price is leveling up and up (as it's actually started doing) again.
remeber, it was on ~4k... before. wait what happens when this coin finally proofs, who stability, worth and demand
are a result of a community and not just some party 'dev' and some other party 'traders'.
mutual incentive and strong involvement and common movement are a force that has the power
to even undo such showstopper, we're anbout to achieve soon.

...and there are even some new ideas already in the drawer, possible future plans to let SPARK sparkle with what most alt's are lacking:
real world power... real world usability... real world demand!

stay curious Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
We are talking to the exchanges about how to get deposits/withdrawals working again; Bittrex, Bter and C-Cex have all said they are willing to work with us but because of the fork their books are unbalanced by around 50K SPARK in total. Ideally we might raise that amount from donations but we are also investigating the possibility of a one off "reboot block" with a 50k reward to fund it.

This coin appeared to get off to a good start, would be a shame to waste that and see everyone who invested hashpower/BTC lose out - hopefully the SPARK community will continue to support this effort. Support doesnt just have to be financial, time and skills are valuable too if anyone has some they can contribute!

I'd support that.
If I'm online I will try and remain logged in at the #sparkcoin IRC channel, will try and answer technical questions etc   Huh

Activity: 308
Does anyone knows when will bittrex open wallet?
just a short note for the sake of your peace of mind, and your coins of course

DO:

before bluring the thread with questions like: is it dead? or: what's with bittrex?
  please spend a few seconds to get yourself a picture and check the last few pages.
  most questions answered... wouldn't be 3-4 pages back, maybe just about 1, if
  each on would actually spend that time before posting...

after making sure, your wallet works as it should now, you might want to WITHDRAW from
  the pools. I don't necessarily have the most recent info on their status, but last time i checked,
  withdrawal doesn't seem to be a problem anymore with the pools.

those with stuck tx'es: gather details (address, timestamp, txid, amount, etc. the full monty)
  of those transactions and keep em ready.
  I'm not able to say ad-hoc if there might be a chance to 'rollback' those tx. might as well turn
  out to be possible, if they're not confirmed. if confirmed already, I see chances getting smaller.
  If possible, we're getting into that as well as a way to create a superblock that covers all
  valid and recorded refundable losses. we try to make losses as little as even possible afterwards Smiley
  but, no promises made... there might be still some (small) wounds to lick...

DON'T:

really, don't become bewildered, uneasy, nervose... there's loads of reasons to do
  the exact oposit: relax, stay calm, be happy!
  this coin is in the process of fully recovering, it will get a second start,
  and THEN markets will be opening when save trading is not just possible, but save and stable.
  ...won't take all too long anymore.

UNTIL that moment, the MARKETS are BACK ONLINE again, DON'T try to DEPOSIT (shouldn't work,
  will become stuck, will probably burn as old depo addresses will presumably rendered invalid)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
i'm shutting suprnova's spark pool soon, please withdraw any funds still left. thx
Pages:
Jump to: