Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap | - page 3. (Read 108569 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
i sent spark from the new wallet to bter 2 days ago and still no confirmations

Something must have gone wrong with your transaction I'm afraid, we've had about 40 blocks in the last 48hrs - still a lot lower than it should be, but txes only need 10 blocks to confirm so your SPARK should have reached BTER. If you find your tx id you can use the "Block Explorer" in the Windows wallet to check whether it is in the blockchain. Otherwise it may be that your wallet is out of sync - at the time of writing we are on block 24614
Activity: 495
Merit: 500
i sent spark from the new wallet to bter 2 days ago and still no confirmations
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Spark reached nearly 3000 sat on BTER this morning.

At Bittrex still priced around 600 sat

Yes! This is just sad  Cry

Maybe more reason for me to join BTer at this point.  Bittrex market usually is pretty extreme.  I think too extreme.  Slight bad forecast can make a market crash and never recover.  Its like people have zero hope after the slightest bad news.  If community saves this coin and makes it work, there is no reason for 600 sat.  I guess I'll let the community or markets determine that though before I proceed.  At least this seems more hopeful than XNAN at this point.  XNAN/SPARK dev., I still hope your shit still gets hacked for being a little bitch and running away from a project with your tail between your legs only to start up another project with equal incompetence.

Bittrex market extremes present incredible opportunities to accumulate quality coins at a fraction of their true value.  REKT for example has only 568,000 coins in circulation which were mined at 35 G/H.  A little hiccup and REKT's market cap dropped over $15,000 to now $1,200.  Wallet works perfectly after being fixed and the coin is less than 2 weeks old.  WTFcoin which has far less going for it is trading at a market cap of around $70,000.  Key is to sit tight until all the overly emotional early adopters have sold and are replaced with new forward thinking buyers.  
Activity: 994
Merit: 504

Yes! This is just sad  Cry

Maybe more reason for me to join BTer at this point.  Bittrex market usually is pretty extreme.  I think too extreme.  Slight bad forecast can make a market crash and never recover.  Its like people have zero hope after the slightest bad news.  If community saves this coin and makes it work, there is no reason for 600 sat.  I guess I'll let the community or markets determine that though before I proceed.  At least this seems more hopeful than XNAN at this point.  XNAN/SPARK dev., I still hope your shit still gets hacked for being a little bitch and running away from a project with your tail between your legs only to start up another project with equal incompetence.
Activity: 336

Yes! This is just sad  Cry
Activity: 132
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
First of all, great job from rentamouse and edschroedinger Wink

Only my sparks are staking for several days now and won't come out of staking. I already deleted the wallet twice and synced but its stays on stake. (and of course updated the wallet)
Did i miss something or did something wrong, i don't no. maybe someone can help?

"blocks" : 24564,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 10.40411626,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414,
"search-interval" : 1
},
"blockvalue" : 10000000000,
"netmhashps" : 0.00000000,
"netstakeweight" : 244.02908274,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},
"stakeinterest" : 17500000,
"testnet" : false

Hey, what happened to Suprnova? Still had some coins there, then the f*ckup happened and now the pool is gone :/

OCMiner? You here?

I shutted it after the fuckup, message me your username and I will have a Look. Send me your coin address too.
There was a post from Supernova pool a couple of days ago saying they were going to close their wallet.

Problem with the staking is still apparent - the difficulty cannot drop any more than the current 0.000244 - if you have a small number of coins staking then it may take several days for them to build up enough stake weight to get a block. You dont lose out on any interest but its causing a problem still because the low block count means it takes a long time for transactions to completely confirm (needs 10 blocks).

If block production isnt back to normal in the next day or two I will look at releasing another wallet update to address the problem.
Activity: 616

Only my sparks are staking for several days now and won't come out of staking. I already deleted the wallet twice and synced but its stays on stake. (and of course updated the wallet)
Did i miss something or did something wrong, i don't no. maybe someone can help?

},
},

Hey, what happened to Suprnova? Still had some coins there, then the f*ckup happened and now the pool is gone :/

OCMiner? You here?
Activity: 431

},
},
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
my coins arrived so at least we know its not a major issue.  sent more today and when i checked tonight  they arrived. not sure how long it took but it is definately better than yesterday
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hi everyone,

Please remember to withdraw your coins for those who still haven't done so.
Pool will be removed Tomorrow Wednesday Nov 12th at 12:00pm EST

Thank you!
Activity: 84
Ok, instead of doing the stuff I'd planned to do for the last 2-3 hours I've ended up investigating this slow blocks issue and have come to some conclusions:

First of all the problem is that there aren't enough coins staking over the last 24hrs - prior to that it was ok so I assume there are sufficient coins in circulation, its just a lot of them have either staked or been moved, so they are stuck in "limbo" currently. Until a few more blocks are confirmed (txes need 10 blocks to confirm) they will remain in limbo.

The problem is made worse because SPARK has a hard coded minimum PoS difficulty that is relatively high, making it harder for stakes with a low coin age (number of coins * their age) to hit an acceptable block. This can be adjusted but it will require a hard fork.

I suspect this problem is linked to Bittrex re-enabling their wallet so a lot of coins which were staking are now being moved around, if that is the case the problem should fix itself as blocks are slowly found and more txes confirm so the coins start staking again.

Unfortunately neither Ed or I have many SPARK which doesnt help, of course donations are most helpful at motivating us to do more work - even if they will take a while to arrive currently feel free to send to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G - thanks!

first off, I'm back from the dark ages... new fibrewire works well... that resources I'm trying to get over the past 2 days (69% done) finished no 3 minutes after the line went on Cheesy
It wansn't really possible to keep track what's going on in the mean time... even mail took ages (ok, hours) to load, so I quit trying after some time.

all i know is i sent few thousand coins to BTER in early AM and it only showed up in "Pending" several hours later and its 7pm and still says pending

pending for 8 hours now Sad
just be patient... there's no way around that atm.

this staking deadlock we're currently in, seems to be a common problem if staking-only block generation teams up with a weak network and odd weighted staking properties.
my coins became all locked in my wallet, when staking hit those (aged well) coins all within seconds... yup, my fault... could have forseen that, yet simply forgot to reserve a minimum amount to not beeing available for staking.
so, presumably the situation might look similar elsewhere, as only a very small amount of new blocks becomes generated each day... my last generated block only got 70 confirms so far after ~4days.

that's of course the downside... on the other hand - I might be wrong - i've got the impression, that all markets opened up their wallets again... so tx w/d should be possible as well again (apart from tx'es obviously still being stuck due to slooowblocksnailchain)...
b'ter simply lifted their tx fee to 5% which seems to be the best way to cover the loss over time by simply trading itself. seems to be the fairest solution as well, apart from generating the coins with some hypothetical solution that might consume too much time to be eventually implemented and distributed to all users (mandatory wallet update would be necessary)... as the development stage in this case only could be described as: discussing solutions.

however, as beeing a wee bit more flexible now as my connection speed is back on normal, I'm trying to catch up with things today... and hopefuly I get as well one step further with making that nasty block explorer thing running as expected Wink

so...

when will a new thread be created? rentamouse/edschroe if you guys need someone to handle that let me know

yup, there will be a new thread within the next few days... sprucing up some gfx and putting some useful info together atm., still a little bit of work but almost there... will be up before the weekend (acts of nature, isp, god, whosoever forceful enough to intervene - reserved)
Ok, instead of doing the stuff I'd planned to do for the last 2-3 hours I've ended up investigating this slow blocks issue and have come to some conclusions:

First of all the problem is that there aren't enough coins staking over the last 24hrs - prior to that it was ok so I assume there are sufficient coins in circulation, its just a lot of them have either staked or been moved, so they are stuck in "limbo" currently. Until a few more blocks are confirmed (txes need 10 blocks to confirm) they will remain in limbo.

The problem is made worse because SPARK has a hard coded minimum PoS difficulty that is relatively high, making it harder for stakes with a low coin age (number of coins * their age) to hit an acceptable block. This can be adjusted but it will require a hard fork.

I suspect this problem is linked to Bittrex re-enabling their wallet so a lot of coins which were staking are now being moved around, if that is the case the problem should fix itself as blocks are slowly found and more txes confirm so the coins start staking again.

Unfortunately neither Ed or I have many SPARK which doesnt help, of course donations are most helpful at motivating us to do more work - even if they will take a while to arrive currently feel free to send to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G - thanks!
Activity: 267
all i know is i sent few thousand coins to BTER in early AM and it only showed up in "Pending" several hours later and its 7pm and still says pending

pending for 8 hours now Sad
Activity: 378
my wallet will not sync. can someone please help?

Give us a clue - have you downloaded the v1.2 release from https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases ?

If you have that, did you follow the bit about using the Spark.conf file to make sure you have the new nodes added?

If your wallet gets to block 14,400 and then stops syncing, close it and reopen it a few minutes later, it should then sync the rest of the blocks.

Yes I have the new wallet and used the conf nodes. but still no connections to spark network.
Activity: 90
I'm investigating why block production is slow currently, so far I'm not seeing any errors, just the network saying that there arent many coins staking.

Has anyone had trouble with their coins not staking (stake rewards not appearing, it will take a while for them to be fully confirmed at current block rate)?

Give us a clue - have you downloaded the v1.2 release from https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases ?

If you have that, did you follow the bit about using the Spark.conf file to make sure you have the new nodes added?

If your wallet gets to block 14,400 and then stops syncing, close it and reopen it a few minutes later, it should then sync the rest of the blocks.
Activity: 378
Pages:
Jump to: