Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating Trading Card Games with the Blockchain - page 15. (Read 47163 times)

Activity: 754
Merit: 510
EverdreamSoft Team
We have good news - the Token Sale will take place in June 2015. More details will follow. Do sign up on our website for regular updates!
EverdreamSoft Team
Tried to register but when I click the link in the activation email I got "Activation failed. Please try again or contact the webmaster"

Sent you a PM!

Thanks for the quick and prompt support! Looking forward to the launch hopefully soon Cheesy

You're welcome. Look out for updates!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
Tried to register but when I click the link in the activation email I got "Activation failed. Please try again or contact the webmaster"

Sent you a PM!

Thanks for the quick and prompt support! Looking forward to the launch hopefully soon Cheesy
EverdreamSoft Team
this one is really intresting , hope you get many developers to your project , i saw your coin thread im gonna invest some probably.

Thanks, that's awesome! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and do sign up on our website for updates.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
this one is really intresting , hope you get many developers to your project , i saw your coin thread im gonna invest some probably.
EverdreamSoft Team
How a player's game items might look in the typical Counterparty wallet.

EverdreamSoft Team

Sent you a PM!
EverdreamSoft Team
Excellent idea, I understand that you plan to fund this via crowdsale, however I think you should also consider PICISI, it gives a whole new meaning to crowdfunding.
what you want most of all for your project is promotion, not just funding but also publicity, marketing, and outreach, right? None of that is available at any of the existing crowdfunding site.   At sites like indiegogo and kickstarter you have to beg and fight just for search presences, but with PICISI promotion is part of the system.  When a campaign gets sponsors it behooves them to help you promote your campaign because it increases impressions for their message.  Each time a CC donation is made -- oh yeah, at PICISI, you can raise funds in multiple fiat and multiple crypto currencies -- that sponsor's coin utility goes up.  

For now PICISI is another great idea moving towards reality.  If you have the opportunity make PICISI part of your project.  

Thanks! PICISI sounds interesting. Is there somewhere I can get more information about it?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
EverdreamSoft Team
Thank you for your support!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I think this might be one of the best BTC game projects I have seen so far.

Excited to see where it goes.
Activity: 297
Merit: 264

The ability to purchase a card pack from the ingame store is useless. We can have 2 scenarios :
1- average value of the cards in the packet < average value of the cards in the user markets --->no incentive to buy cards from the ingame store

2- viceversa , I can start buying lots of packs from the store and the sell the card to the user market to autoprofit.

This is not true if the only way to generate new cards is by buying a pack from the store.

Yeah in this model pack in the secondary market are generated when someone buys a packs of card on the official store. This means if everyone is buying on the secondary market the supply is getting low and the price pressure is up until it's getting cheaper to buy from the store.

But anyway we are working on a better model discussed with several experts and lawyer.

Another thought: I think, if you want to make the game go viral, it would be much better to have a free to play model + purchaseable extra (rare cards, bonuses etc.). With your model, a newbie is forced pay to proceed in the game and this is scares lot of potential players.
Yes it will be the case of course. SOG will used all tested and approved free to play design.

- Ability to get everything by playing a lot
- Ability to speedup everything by playing
- Rarity and premium items (driving collection effect and trading)

I will test Tower of Saviors. In encourage you to stick around during the dev phase so you can give your advice and experience.

though your monthly user estimates seem a tad high. But that's just me.
The monthly estimate are taking bechmark of existing games. The optimistic is equal the higest grossing game (Puzzle & Dragon) the realistic is the average of a pretty successful game and the pessimistic is taking a game that performs well enough. It could be smaller but we are aiming at least a successful game

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
This looks...absolutely bloody awesome. I'll be following this. I don't see any issues with the planning, though your monthly user estimates seem a tad high. But that's just me.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
First specific issue that comes to my mind :

The ability to purchase a card pack from the ingame store is useless. We can have 2 scenarios :
1- average value of the cards in the packet < average value of the cards in the user markets --->no incentive to buy cards from the ingame store

2- viceversa , I can start buying lots of packs from the store and the sell the card to the user market to autoprofit.

This is not true if the only way to generate new cards is by buying a pack from the store.

Another thought: I think, if you want to make the game go viral, it would be much better to have a free to play model + purchaseable extra (rare cards, bonuses etc.). With your model, a newbie is forced pay to proceed in the game and this is scares lot of potential players.

I recently played an android game which has, imho, a good balance between a free to play and a pay to win model, meaning that you can potentially proceed in the game without purchases, but the game is more fun and fast if you buy things from the store. It is called Tower of Saviors.

Let us know how the development goes on :-)
Some screenshots of the genesis quest.

The hoarder dragons are protecting their their treasure

The final level you reach the Genesis block. You have to master it

EverdreamSoft Team
Hi everyone! Here's what's been happening since my last post:

Our mine value has now reached 59 cents and is still increasing!
We now have a new website http://www.spellsofgenesis.com where you can see how many mines you have by logging in.
We are still giving away free mines before our crowdsale starts so the earlier you sign up, the more mines you'll get.

Check out the buzz around our project on social media: https://storify.com/edshnin/the-bitcoin-community-on-spells-of-genesis

Follow us on social media and talk to us:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SpellsOfGenesis
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SpellsOfGenesis
Tumblr: http://spellsofgenesis.tumblr.com
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/SpellsOfGenesis
Hi guys ! Updated news

Our new website is online now. You can register and get your free mines. You can login and see how much mines you own and it's actual value !

The mine value have now increased to reach 0.56

Don't forget to claim your mines now the amount distributed for free is decreasing. Now you get 1.79

Claim now
and get your mines
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
WOW. Cool stuff.

I registered! Looking forward to it.

Mine value projection

What is the value of a mine and what is the projective value

To determine the value of mine we worked on a business plan. This plan is a projection on what could be the value of a mine. We do it the same way we would have done for an investor in the game. The main difference is instead of raising funds we are pre selling game assets. The decentralised nature of the assets allow them to be traded freely. This way people who participate to the crowdsale will have an idea of the future value of the items they will receive in game for participating.
We are also allowing people to vote on important game decision according to their mine holding.

The assumptions are based on our experience on the mobile game market as well of insight data we got from the industry.

Constants

100’000 mines will be produced in total

They will be given as gift, sold or shared to people helping the game production
The first mines will be sold with the higest discount. Then the price will increase until all mines are sold.

We will start the crowdsale as soon as the mines reach a 3.5 $ value per unit. Before the crowdsale we determine the value of a mine by the project popularity

The popularity is counted this way

1 Twitter follower = 1 point
1 FB like = 1 point
1 email subscriber = 5 points

We will start the crowdsale as soon as the mines reach a 3.5 $ value per unit. Before the crowdsale we determine the value of a mine by the project popularity.
We are offering free mines for people who are getting interested early in the project. We will stop giving away mines when we reach 5000 popularity points and the mines will start to be sold. The earlier you subscribe for free mines the most you get for free. The first to register receives 2 mines and le last 0.1

Assumptions

We based our assumptions as the following

Disclaimer : These are pure assumptions and the success of the game will depend from a lot of factors. Such as our ability to deliver the product, our ability to give visibility. The success of the decentralised stakeholder model as an amazing vector to create traction and buzz around the game.
Risk management : We have 4 years of experience running a gaming community and producing game with Moonga. The game production is handled by EverdreamSoft, a serious startup who already won several prices for innovation and business plans.

1. Pessimistic scenario

The pessimistic scenario states that for the first year of running the game

Monthly active users : 40’000
Average revenue per active user ARPU : 1.3 $  

Monthly generated revenue in stores (iOS android) : 52’000 $
Estimated value of gems generated by a mine Monthly : $0.52
Estimated value of a mine 6.50 $ (12x the monthly generated value)

In the pessimistic scenario we estimate to have created a game with an honorable success without reaching anything significant in the game market.

2. Realistic scenario

The realistic scenario states that for the first year of running the game

Monthly active users : 800'000
Average revenue per active user ARPU : 1.6 $  

Monthly generated revenue in stores (iOS android) : 1’280’000 $
Estimated value of gems generated by a mine Monthly : $14.22
Estimated value of a mine 170.67 $ (12x the monthly generated value)

In the realistic scenario we estimate to have created a game with a good success in the market 1 million monthly users is a good success for a free to play game. The average revenue per active user is correct better that the pessimistic scenario.

2. Optimistic scenario

The optimistic scenario states that for the first year of running the game

Monthly active users : 30’000'000
Average revenue per active user ARPU : 1.6 $  

Monthly generated revenue in stores (iOS android) : 1’280’000 $
Estimated value of gems generated by a mine Monthly : $375.00
Estimated value of a mine 170.67 $ (12x the monthly generated value)

In the optimistic scenario we state that spells of genesis is a game created and owned by the player community. This model bring the game into the top games. The game is comparible to Heartstone or the most grossing games such as Puzzle&Dragon

Either ways you will probably agree that now is the best time to get mines for free without taking any risk. You get a chance to be at the beginning of a very big thing !

Here is the projection table if you register for mines :

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi, I'm Hnin! I'm glad to be working on Spells of Orbital and will be here to keep everyone updated on the latest developments. I’m anticipating the start of the crowdsale but for it to begin, we need your help! The more subscribers/followers/fans we have, the sooner the crowdsale can start. At the moment, each subscriber to our mailing list will get one free mine. So don't wait, sign up here: https://www.facebook.com/spellsoforbital/app_100265896690345.

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/spellsoforbital
Follow us on Twitter https://www.twitter.com/spellsoforbital
Pages:
Jump to: