Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPEX] SproutsExtreme sha256 pos/pow hybrid - page 3. (Read 33320 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
SPEX is such a good buy in Roll Eyes you can't go wrong with 1 satoshi Tongue it is like big up Cool it will make you smile then it will make it turn upside down Embarrassed

This is pretty much an abandoned coin with multiple forks, sounds a bit too much like ECASH to me & look how that ended up.

I suggest just giving up on it as it is too much effort to fix and nobody can use it in its current state.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
SPEX is such a good buy in Roll Eyes you can't go wrong with 1 satoshi Tongue it is like big up Cool it will make you smile then it will make it turn upside down Embarrassed
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I love sprouts Extreme! Tongue
Just to let everyone know and to beware that the coin can be very unpredictable at times.

It can be performing normal then for a couple of days to a week the blockchain will fork onto whoever has the most coins on that chain, I think SPEX has a vulnerability being exploited like the original PeerCoin Timewarp hack since it was built on that base.

Really is this what has been happening from the very start ? I recall this coin being forked like 6 times within the first week....

That's almost a fork every day.... I too recommended to stay well away from it unless you plan on fixing it or doing a coin swap to an unbroken base.

Lol I remember this, a fork a day kept the miners away quite literally.

Once the CPU/GPU mining stopped and it went to pools is when the problems started to happen, has anyone looked at the source code to see what the problem might be or is it just because of a dodgy search and replace error ?
Just to let everyone know and to beware that the coin can be very unpredictable at times.

It can be performing normal then for a couple of days to a week the blockchain will fork onto whoever has the most coins on that chain, I think SPEX has a vulnerability being exploited like the original PeerCoin Timewarp hack since it was built on that base.

Really is this what has been happening from the very start ? I recall this coin being forked like 6 times within the first week....

That's almost a fork every day.... I too recommended to stay well away from it unless you plan on fixing it or doing a coin swap to an unbroken base.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

Activity: 627
If anyone needs the Windows wallet, here is a direct link to it, on the CryptoChainer server:

http://216.14.113.56/cryptochainer.chains/chains/SproutsExtreme_wallet.zip

It may trigger false positive on scans, as many wallets do, but I've been using it with no issues.  The blockchain on CryptoChainer.com was updated recently, and will updated again soon.  Coins successfully sent to Yobit yesterday, although it did take some time to confirm.

Activity: 477
hi!!!, sadly i just found this coin, i was more with sprouts, and theres only one exchanger where it is sold and its 'yobit', as far as the stake is 100% its even more than STRB; i would like to buy some..

Whats the min to stake this coin?, if theres anyone interested on selling some let me know.  Smiley
Activity: 627
SPEX blockchain is still rolling along.  Recently updated on CryptoChainer.com.  Can confirm deposits function at Yobit, just tested.  Now if someone wants to buy up all the 1 sat coin, then Huh

Someone did just that a while back, and there was a quick, but fun run.
I guess SPEX is dead and gone or maybe it isn't... ?

No more Bumps, Hype in the YoBit Trollbox or even mining....

Should we classify this as Dead, Forked or Specific operating system wallets only ?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
So purse for Windows have not done? Then there is no need to collect the coin and guess.

ya man.  tho  i had warned many pages back this coin would make some of the largest bagholders this year, people still greedy try go for it haha
now theres 300million+ coins for sale and not one buyer ;\
the specs kill this coin, talk about inflation, some wallets are so big the STAKES fork it haha

Steaks and Forks..... Now only if the Knives come out hahahaha Cheesy

haha that's funny when you say it aloud in that context ;p
"stakes and forks" lolz
So purse for Windows have not done? Then there is no need to collect the coin and guess.

ya man.  tho  i had warned many pages back this coin would make some of the largest bagholders this year, people still greedy try go for it haha
the specs kill this coin, talk about inflation, some wallets are so big the STAKES fork it haha

Steaks and Forks..... Now only if the Knives come out hahahaha Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

ya man.  tho  i had warned many pages back this coin would make some of the largest bagholders this year, people still greedy try go for it haha
Activity: 377
Activity: 369
So what is happening with SPEX ? Is someone going fix it or compile new windows wallets or anything ?

Or is the coin just a lingerer until it fades away into oblivion ?

I'm pretty sure it is dead mate & has been for a while, bagholders with inaccessible coins are the only ones left.
So what is happening with SPEX ? Is someone going fix it or compile new windows wallets or anything ?

Or is the coin just a lingerer until it fades away into oblivion ?
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
i tried and tried but i cant seem to get past the errors in compiling for ubuntu 64...... would anyone be kind enough to share the compiled for ubuntu?

and if possible the updated blockchain  
please PM me  and let me know or post it here
thanks so much in advance!

hi,
try this:
cd /opt
git clone https://github.com/SproutsEx/SproutsExtreme.git
cd SproutsExtreme/src
make -f makefile.unix clean
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
strip SproutsExtremed
./SproutsExtremed   <== move it to  where you need it to finally reside

cheers,
Al

i will give this a shot and let you know

thanks in advance

it compiled   thank you very much
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
Do it right or don't do it at all.
i tried and tried but i cant seem to get past the errors in compiling for ubuntu 64...... would anyone be kind enough to share the compiled for ubuntu?

please PM me  and let me know or post it here

hi,
try this:
cd /opt
git clone https://github.com/SproutsEx/SproutsExtreme.git
cd SproutsExtreme/src
make -f makefile.unix clean
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
strip SproutsExtremed
./SproutsExtremed   <== move it to  where you need it to finally reside

cheers,
Al
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

please PM me  and let me know or post it here
Activity: 369
Whoaaaaa this coin Pumped & Dumped in 1 day so hard, I guess half dead coins are the coins to be on hahaha.
Pages:
Jump to: