Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 2. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Hi everyone -

Great news!  MrData has been a tremendous help in pushing through reverse compatibility programming with Spots v2.  I am pleased to announce that we have a working Spots2 Daemon!!!  We are testing the Daemon now to ensure stability once it is launched.  Specifically milestones associated with fork events to switch to Scrypt-N and KGW.

Features:
- 48 Spots per block
- 70 Second Block Target
- KGW will be enabled as a fork on a future block soon after release
- Scrypt-n will be enabled as an epoch timestamp soon after release
- As a request from Matory, we will relaunch with a golden logo for main net and the old silver logo for the test net.

Coming Soon:
- Spots2 Web Site (including community forums)
-- Block Explorer
-- Paper Wallets
-- Spots2 Official Mining Pool
-- Community Forums
- Spots2 QT Versions (Windows & Mac)
- Phase 2 - The long awaited Spots to precious metals store...

We're not quite ready to push this out to the masses yet, but we are close!!!  Get excited!!!     Grin

Donate to Development Fund: MFuyHnjLmXjVTTGDqY9SVFmk1Btz4CG69C
MrData your solution worked great.  Thank you.

Now when executing the 'spots2d -daemon' command I am getting wallet version errors.  I've tracked them down to 'init.cpp' and 'wallet.cpp'.  I have some plans this afternoon with my family, and will look at it this evening.  I'm hopeful it's a simple line that just needs to reflect my new version #...

If anyone has some time, I'll check the forum before I resume trouble shooting.  Thanks!  We're getting close!!!

Mike
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
CoinPayments
On the genesis block you just have to do 2 things:

1. Replace the vout's in txNew with the ones from original Spots:
txNew.vout[0].nValue = 0;
txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << 0x0 << OP_CHECKSIG;
2. Your block.nBits is set to 0x1e0fffff but should be 0x1e0ffff0

That will fix the merkle and genesis block hashes.

Edit: Also don't forget to change pchMessageStart so it either matches Spots or is at least unique from Spaincoin so you don't get network crosstalk.
Activity: 21
I hold the coin, the feeling is very good, is hoping to have other applications
nice wallet! get it! will follow this coin
Hi again everyone -

I've been hard at work trying to get a version 2 fork spun up for everyone.  The source is done and compiles on Linux...  Unfortunately when it loads it throws an error "assertion block.hashmerkleroot failed"...  I've carried over the character string which references spots birth day, the original time, merkle hash, and genesis block from the 1.1 source.  I've been searching Google and the forums for an answer with no luck.

If anyone has the technical know how to troubleshoot this further than I did, please take a look and help the community out.  https://github.com/americancomputernerd/spots2

I'm basically at a stand still until I get this piece resolved.  I'll keep trying, but I could use help at this point.  :-)

v2 Features:
- Kimoto's Gravity Well & Digishield for difficulty adjustments
- Scrypt - N
- Compatibility with Block Explorers & Paper Wallets
- 48 Block Reward, no halving over time
- 70 Second Block Target
- 440,000,000 SPT supply

Worst case, I could launch Spots v2 on a new Genesis Block...  However that would be comparable to rolling out a new coin, my goal is to save this one...  Not a good option.
The price is at the floor because the previous dev basically broke the Block Chain with the difficulty swings...  The Block Chain's behavior is very erratic!  I think it speaks wonders to the community that the price has stayed pretty stable in the face of these problems.

I'm fixing it now and will relaunch the coin soon.  I'll be posting a new ANN thread when I am close.  For you investors out there, I would recommend buying now and holding!  I will relaunch the coin soon!!!

For anyone who wants to make a donation to the self-appointed new dev, please shoot them my way!

Spots Address: MFuyHnjLmXjVTTGDqY9SVFmk1Btz4CG69C
Activity: 357
So why the price is at the floor, your suggestions?
Activity: 21
SPOT the coin team is very good, better than the other team, believe they will succeed
AmericanComputerNerd, hmm. You talking about good ideas. iGotspots just forgot community and fucked up.
After analyzing the ABE explorer, it appears that the last fork knocked out the compatibility with the Block Explorer program.  Long story short, the Block Explorer is looking for block chain files in the "/blocks/" directory of the appdata folder of the coin.  Unfortunately, these files aren't stored in the file format / location that ABE wants to see.

I want to solve this problem, and what I will call the "frozen block chain" bug, by taking the code over from igotspots and doing a fork.  I want to switch the coin over to Kimoto's Gravity Well, which is a known solution for the multi-pool problem Spots suffered.

While I am doing this, to further support the decentralization concept, and stay GPU-friendy in the face of Scrypt ASIC's on the horizon, I would like to change the alogorithm to Scrypt-N from Scrypt...

I don't claim to represent the community though, so please if anyone has concerns or a "stake" in this coin, please let me know ASAP.  My intention is to not push anyone out of their role.  However, I would like to take immediate action to solve the block chain issues.

My next steps, assuming there are no protests in the next few days, is to develop the fork code.  Once that is done, I will switch this conversation to a new thread announcing a re-write and re-launch of Spots.  This re-launch will focus on developing a community, launching a coin website, and bringing to life some of the things that igotspots was (and maybe still is?) planning.  Things like a SPT / Silver Exchange Platform, stores, and other things to further our Spots economy... 
Update from previous post:

I have finished the configuration of the Spots Mining Pool and have one of my GridSeeds chugging away on it...  If you are solo mining, or have stopped mining because blocks are too far apart, jump on my pool!!!

I have the source code for the ABE Explorer and am reviewing the setup / configuration guides.  I hope to have this up and running in a few days, if not sooner.

Finally, I was looking at the source code for the coin...  I know that igotspots had a clear idea of what he was trying to solve for when he adjusted the block times, and I wouldn't want to suggest reverting back...  But the problem could be easily fixed with modifications to the source and probably another fork to refine the previous changes.  Is there any reason this hasn't been done already?

Introducing - Spots Pool @ AmericanComputerNerd.com
http://spotspool.americancomputernerd.com/

Coming Soon - Spots Block Chain @ AmericanComputerNerd.com
http://spotsblocks.americancomputernerd.com/ (Not Online Yet)
I have been watching this coin and thread for some time now... I think it has huge potential in a world of scam coins. The biggest problem with this coin though is that the community is relying solely on a single dev, and getting frustrated with him for not giving this all of his time. Not realizing he isn't getting paid!

I say let's save this coin, but do it as a community because we believe in it. I'll place a block explorer online and start a new pool to kick start this coin.  This will just be a starting place though...

The coin is open source and the infrastructure needed to trade gold and silver for Spots is available to anyone with the skillset, or bank roll to fund development.  This is decentralized crypto currency after all. :-)

I encourage everyone who believes in this coin to ask what can I do to help? I am hopeful igotspots will still lead the charge and re-emerge as the coins leader and Dev, but it can't fall on the shoulders of one person. And, based on the concepts of crypto currency, it shouldn't!

I'll post the information for the pool and block explorer as soon as it is online. A great deal of time and effort went into building this coin, it's acceptance in the marketplace, and the community that supported it. Fight for it!

Mike
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Always to the fullest always to the max!
http://sptpool.digsys.bg/index.php?page=dashboard

This pool still works and sends coins to my wallet.....   Tongue
Activity: 91
Always to the fullest always to the max!
Wallet works for me still... But hashrate is really  low here........

I guess as long as the coin still trades, it's ok.
crazyearner, started spots wallet, he found 4 nodes in first seconds and starded to sync (last block was ~87k) and synced at 91707 (now?). Synced in less than a half of minute. For that moment there are 5 connections.
But yes, gotspots-tard is fucked up.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Looks like this coin is dead. No updates from devs no nodes working and not connecting guess cant sell my sports anywhere cos i cant  connect and download
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
which pool is best for this ?
Activity: 98
I set up an Abe based block explorer at http://altcha.in/chain/Spots

Please send any donations or bounty to MADVLadFLFVK8adzSdrBXDusPHFQukUG4W.

Thanks!

Wow, I like that one a lot. Thanks dude, I've been trying to find a place to track the block size and total Spot count - 100 Spots coming your way!  Also linking it in the OP
Pages:
Jump to: