Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 9. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
whaaat - nothing for 6 hours then 8 block in 10 minutes?? Where did all that hashrate come from, and where has it all gone again...
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
Im still mining, but pulled half my power away from spots for now, I bet I will regret it!
You will regret that you pulled 1/2 away or you will regret that you leave 1/2?.
OK putting 1Mh/s onto it overnight - will see what diff & block count is like in the morning...

(3uu... on dedicatedpool)
Activity: 245
Im still mining, but pulled half my power away from spots for now, I bet I will regret it!
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
Only 1 sentiment.......Ha theif!
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
You're not alone! I'm still solo
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Well, there are 80 blocks left before the hard fork kicks in.

Make that 63 blocks to go. 

Sure is a lonely life mining this coin right now.  Is it just 2 of us, with probably the slowest KH/s too.
Activity: 8
Well, there are 80 blocks left before the hard fork kicks in.
Activity: 250
Merit: 252
Network hashrate @ 4.11 Mh/s?....laughable!!!!!  So is this coin dead yet?
NUFCrichard, buyers are needed clearly. "Smart money" now just dumps and buy scaremongers if they can. After some time (as i said month or two or maybe more) they will do what needed to attract buyers.. This coin is really "long-time investment", not so fast as lot of other coins. And considering total planned population and planned coins/day rate - now price is 6000-50000x lower than doge.
PS: about "buy lots of any coin". Did you was at cryptsy, when MEM-boom occured? I and my partners was floor-buyers. We spent about 1.2k LTC into mem's. Partially we sold at triple price that we bought - 16000-18000 memetoshis.. When i understood what's happening (monopolization) i cancelled orders at 20000-25000 and saved only 20% of all our memecoins. And converted to ltc's at 80000.. but monopolizator was very angry and raised price to much higher points. At that high prices mem's was a lot of time and only 1% of mems was needed for monopolizator to sold to compensate all his investments. But he sold much more then dumped hard to buy back for none and make another coins. Just for example.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
This calcs just little simplified. Because on spots we have (multi)pools too - reward shared across miners on this pools too. Therefore, in a first approximation, all things is about the way it is.
And we still have 3 or 4 groups that accumulated about a third to a half of all coins. Do you think they will just sell for nothing and take losses? No Smiley
Is that how it works now? If I mine or buy lots of any coin, as long as I won't sell cheap the price will definely go up? No buyers required and no miners want to cover their costs anymore...?
This calcs just little simplified. Because on spots we have (multi)pools too - reward shared across miners on this pools too. Therefore, in a first approximation, all things is about the way it is.
And we still have 3 or 4 groups that accumulated about a third to a half of all coins. Do you think they will just sell for nothing and take losses? No Smiley
Somewhere in those calcs you need to take account of how many people you are sharing the reward with... YOU don't generate 1 block every 60 secs, the network does so those 500K doge are shared across everyone mining Doge, generally in the same ratio as their hashrate to the network hashrate.
Little calcs Wink
Let's see.. for example, at doge. prices/block reward near equivalent.
doge price: 0.0000017x, spt price: 0.000018xx. spt ~10x more than doge
doge reward: 500'000, spt reward: 49. doge ~10'000 more than spt
10'000/10 = 1'000 times doge cost more than spt.
doge projected mining time: 60s (~1440 blocks/day), spt projected mining time: 70s (~1234 blocks/day)
doge real mining time now: 50-80s (~ as projected), spt real mining time now: ?? (now 1 block/day, previously 100-200 blocks/day) - spt mining 6-50 times lower than projected.
So, price without coin mining rate - 1'000 less than doge price. With coin mining rate - 6'000-50'000 less than doge price..
Perhaps it needed to do something like an EMA over the last N blocks - so the most recent block still has most influence but it wouldn't change so quickly...  Once we get to the fork it /might/ get better...?

David
Net hashrate is calculated and based only on last block. After finding block wallets get new work for miners and spreads this found block with information how much time spent for block finding. From time to find a block with a (near) linear formula network knows how much hashspeed was used to find a block. Then from that recalculates new difficulty to make block generating speed as close to algorythm. This leads to difficulty jumps. Each 2 blocks we have recalculations. If noone mine coin then after 1-2-5-25 hours without blocks if network get new block then network see that too much time used to find a block, recalculates difficulty and finds last network hashrate, and says it to miners - hey, guys, we found last block in 100 hours, it's too difficult for you with current difficulty, according to this i see that now we have 100kh.. with this hashrate and 70seconds for block we need much lower difficulty, i'll set diff to 0.01. Voila! Next block found fast and network see that difficulty set is very low and ton of jumpers/hoppers jumping in this coin to get a free, really free, block. 1-2-5-10 seconds and block found. Network do some calcs and see that this was too fast, so raising diff to x5-x10-x50.. times. And from that moment all jumpers/hoppers run from this and network again in the ass with zero-one-two miners with low hashrate and huge diff.
That's it.
Well I've been slogging away on dedicated pool (I'm 3uuZcGAY4U74) oddly not getting blocks when others who dip in and out get them! putting some hashes that way (but I've only got 1MH/s anyway and need to mine something that gets some return as well)...

I am guessing the 48MH/s is a glitch as that would zip through the blocks quite quickly.  My calcs suggest around a day per block for me to solo mine at diff 27?

Does anyone know if dedicated pool have updated to the new wallet??

David

EDIT: Out of interest - how is the 'net hashrate' figure calculated, is it just on the speed of block generation? If so in the current situation it is inaccurate as no blocks are being generated...
Noone mine now? 34 hours from last block, current diff 26.98, last nethps 48.8Mh..
Blocks mined soooo slow so amount of coins is rising very-very slow. Really we are at bottom and now (and last week or two) there is time for smart/quiet money. Pumpers really here, but they are hiding. And in fact, they do not care about the problems/or no problems of the coin. Pumpers are just for making money for himself. And i see a lot of confirmations of my thoughts. Last tries to dump (3 or 4 groups interfere with each other - some decided that they can safely dump then buy back but others immediately engaged this "battle") and this fake provocational "autosells" of 49*n coins.. Constantly rising orders after partial filling - all this indicates that this is the floor, maybe not a floor but new ground. Two month ago ground was at 100 or 101, now at 18xx. Let's see what would be next (i suppose big changes in month or two and without influence of igotspots, i think he does not settle anything in this market). I'm just watching..
PS: after next price jumping we will fall again, but new ground will be much higher than now, i'm sure.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Is there also more configurations that is needed to be put in that file, like daemon? I forgot the extension that it's supose to put on that file... I'm in the "Appdata - roaming - Spots" folder and have created a txt named Spots...

Thanks for the quick reply and the help mate.

No problem; the filename needs to the spots.conf

Your in the right folder it seems.

Make the changes and the close/reopen the new spots client.

Thanks mate, with that now it is now synchronising... will see if the coins come again confirmed Smiley

I'll tell something as soon as the sync ends Smiley

Thank you very much!

Hey, just to tell that everything is ok now Smiley

again, thanks for all ypur help bro!

Best regards

André

No problem.
Activity: 47
Merit: 24

Is there also more configurations that is needed to be put in that file, like daemon? I forgot the extension that it's supose to put on that file... I'm in the "Appdata - roaming - Spots" folder and have created a txt named Spots...

Thanks for the quick reply and the help mate.

No problem; the filename needs to the spots.conf

Your in the right folder it seems.

Make the changes and the close/reopen the new spots client.

Thanks mate, with that now it is now synchronising... will see if the coins come again confirmed Smiley

I'll tell something as soon as the sync ends Smiley

Thank you very much!

Hey, just to tell that everything is ok now Smiley

again, thanks for all ypur help bro!

Best regards

André
Pages:
Jump to: